• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Avery picks up "Gordie Howe Hat Trick"

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Just checking up on the scores, Avery potted 2 goals, added an assist and fought Darcy Tucker today. Not bad for a day's work.

I thought Avery was having a decent season but man I never woulda guessed he was doing this well.

18 goals, 29 assists = 47 points

-3 and 163 PIM's.

That's a heck of a good season for the little bastard IMO.

Rags have a couple of games off. Can anyone believe Avery has a shot at being a 20 goal scorer and 50 point man in the NHL?

By the way, i'm not saying i'd care to have the guy back, but as of today, he'd be 7th on our team in scoring just a point or 2 behind Lang.

Atta boy Aves!

I was going to make a thread on Whitney, but I'll just add it in here since we are talking about a former Wing anyway.

Ray Whitney has been playing some GREAT hockey ever since being with the Canes. He got the OT winner tonight being his 31st goal of the year, and has around 50 assists. He is one hell of a player and very underrated IMO, the Canes wouldn't even have a sniff at the playoffs if it weren't for him.

Just thought I'd like to add that in there!

Hey oh, I would have never predicted him to be a solid point producer. I've doubted he's had decent skill, but he's such an ass and never focuses on his game that this is why I'm so suprised.

He is a good player though, I'll give him that. Like someone already mentioned though, that's really only when he's on his game and not being distracted.

I don't know what it is, but I like his cockiness, or "hardass" attitude.

Why, I don't really know, maybe thats how I am myself when I play hockey, I don't measure up to starting fights or getting as many penalties, but I am sort of a rough, competitive player, as well as Datsyuk type.

so I am Bertuzzi I guess? Rough, but can handle the puck.

that totally goes off topic, but maybe thats why I like Avery I relate to him? I hate saying that though beacause a lot of people don't like him, and then a lot of people would hate me haha.

However on/off the ice is totally different.

as for all the guys, I heard Avery attracts women like mad :cool:

I don't know what it is, but I like his cockiness, or "hardass" attitude.

Why, I don't really know, maybe thats how I am myself when I play hockey, I don't measure up to starting fights or getting as many penalties, but I am sort of a rough, competitive player, as well as Datsyuk type.

so I am Bertuzzi I guess? Rough, but can handle the puck.

that totally goes off topic, but maybe thats why I like Avery I relate to him? I hate saying that though beacause a lot of people don't like him, and then a lot of people would hate me haha.

However on/off the ice is totally different.

as for all the guys, I heard Avery attracts women like mad :cool:

hes dating elisha cuthbert...what more is there to say <_<

Everyone is usually too focused on how much they hate him to realize he's not a bad hockey player...when he's focused and on his game he can be a solid second-liner.

:thumbup:

I would take him back on the Wings in a heartbeat. I think he's the most exciting/entertaining player in the league right now

I would love to have Aves back in a Wings uniform. He is a pretty damn good player when he tames it down a bit. People think this guy is the biggest ass when in reality he's not. He's only like that on ice which I think is great because he feels it's his job to agitate and be a pest. It fires up the team and thats what they need. Off ice though I can tell you he's one of the nicest players I've ever met..and I've met/talked to him four times so that should say a lot! He was consistently nice. lol

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

you can hate this prick and his attitude, but that's one hell of an accomplishment and if you see a photo at TSN featuring him beating the very Darcy F*cker... you can't just not acknowledge his strong game. just when his team is fighting for a good playoff spot...

still don't like you, punk, but you had a great game!

and you bang Elisha :/

Meh, he still leads the league in minor penalties. Pass.

he also leads the league in penalties drawn..

he is one of 2 reasons the rangers are still fighting. He ignigted them when he went over. Lunqvist isn'[t bad either though. He's been stellar.

I doubted it initially, but I think the Avery pick-up might have been the best move the Rangers made this season around the whole deadline rush (even though it was made over two weeks before the deadline). I'd like to see them hit the postseason again this season. They could make some noise, especially with their veteran leadership and the fact that Lundqvist's got the rookie playoff performance behind him now.

I've been watching him all year in L.A. and am STILL surprised at the numbers he has put up, especially since joining the NYR.

He is the type of player Detroit needs, now that Maltby does not draw penalties anymore. Granted, Malts is a defensive mainstay, I'd take Avery's scoring, fighting and energy over Malts, and it pains me to say that.

I doubted it initially, but I think the Avery pick-up might have been the best move the Rangers made this season around the whole deadline rush (even though it was made over two weeks before the deadline). I'd like to see them hit the postseason again this season. They could make some noise, especially with their veteran leadership and the fact that Lundqvist's got the rookie playoff performance behind him now.

Lundqvist was injured last playoffs. Weekes was in net.

he also leads the league in penalties drawn..

Unfortunately, this isn't a stat that's kept on NHL.com. Where did you hear it?

In any event, he has improved his game since he left Detroit a few years ago, but he still doesn't look to be a worthwhile addition to our team now or in the near future. He's doing OK in NY, good for him and them, let's keep it that way.

Avery is only a couple points off Robert Lang's total. Who here wouldn't rather have Avery over Lang? I know this will never happen, but I would LOVE to see a line of Tucker-Avery-Neil. Wouldn't that drive the opposition nuts?

Avery is only a couple points off Robert Lang's total. Who here wouldn't rather have Avery over Lang? I know this will never happen, but I would LOVE to see a line of Tucker-Avery-Neil. Wouldn't that drive the opposition nuts?

those 3 together?

oh no...

Ironically, Gordie Howe only hit the hat trick that bears his name once in his entire career.

Source

Gordie Howe was a skilled player. But, he also was a tough guy who would do whatever it took to succeed on the ice and, apparently, had no idea why he played the way he did. There is something to the "Gordie Howe hat trick" -- a goal, an assist and a fight in a game -- but Howe didn't pay much attention to it. Ironically, Howe achieved the "Gordie Howe hat trick" just once in his career.