• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
A.T.Hun

Dave Lewis in trouble in Boston?

Rate this topic

From ESPN NHL rumors http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors

The Bruins will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row and it might cost coach Dave Lewis his job after just one year on the job, according to The Boston Globe.

Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs assured The Globe that rookie GM Peter Chiarelli has the authority to jettison Lewis, who has three years at a reported $800,000 to $1M per year remaining on his contract.

"If [Chiarelli] feels he wants to make a change, he has the wherewithal to do it," Jacobs told The Globe. "He can fire him or keep him, that's up to him. He is not going to be second-guessed, in either case. Whatever the decision is, he's going to make it. More than once, I've told him, 'If you feel the best thing to do is make a change, then you have to make it.' He would not be second-guessed, by me, or anyone."

I'm not going to say that Lewy is the second coming of Bowman or anything, but I don't think the real problems in Beantown have anything to do with him. It starts at the top with Jacobs. It would help if they didn't trade talent away for nothing. Not even Scotty could make something out of that mess.

I'm sad when Original Six teams get run into the ground. Yes, I'm looking at you, Mr. Wirtz.

Edited by A.T.Hun

I heard this on HNIC last night. They said that he will be coming back next year, but on a very short leash. If they start as slowly as they did this year, he'll be canned.

Honestly, I just don't think he can coach. He may be a great assistant, but being the Head Coach is a completely different story.

Dave Lewis isn't a good coach by any means in my opinion.

To be someones sidekick and be the assistant coach he may be decent, but when it comes to him taking control and coaching a team, I don't think he has what it takes.

I hope they fire him and bring someone decent into Boston :ph34r:

Questionable coaching abilities or not, Boston's failures this season can hardly be blamed on old Davey alone...it has more to do with crappy and inconsistent goaltending, terrible defense outside of Chara, and offense that rolls about a line and a half deep.

Well of course you can't blame the failure of the Bruins on Lewis himself, but look at when he coached for the wings. Wasn't the best year we had, he flat out is no good. Maybe thats just my opinion though.

I never really liked him though, hes an odd fellow.

While I don't think Boston's problems this year can be soley blamed on Lewis, I do think that if the Bruin's don't see him in their long term plan, then they should just let him go. Its not fair to him or the team to leave him around if he is going to be on such a short lease that if they get off to a 0-3 start next season, he will be fired.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

dave lewis is not a good hockey coach. plain and simple