• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

Sean Avery

Rate this topic

I don't miss him either, he takes too many peneltys, plus the refs hate him and seem to single him out He has 50 goals and 83 assists and 907 PIM in 319 games so its not like he is a driving offensive force the other night was just a fluke

He is not the same guy we saw at the beginning of the season. He /is/ an offensive force, if you look at his numbers since getting serious about his career by playing on a team that is going somewhere- 14 points in 16 games, with 29 PIMs in that time (keep in mind he fights, 10 minutes from majors). Not to mention he's agressive, but disiplined, an aggitator but doesn't pile up the PIMs (anymore), and he sticks up for his team. He's also a clutch player nowadays. He made the Rangers a much harder team to play against.

He plays on a line with Shanahan who hits the post darn near every game, with darn near 0 goals.

What more could you want for 1.1 million dollars?

He's nothing special offensivelly and he takes bad penalties all the way, creating unnecessary chances for the opposing team to score on the PP.

Can anyone imagine us playing with him against San Jose? They burried us on their PP this season.

He's nothing special offensivelly and he takes bad penalties all the way, creating unnecessary chances for the opposing team to score on the PP.

Can anyone imagine us playing with him against San Jose? They burried us on their PP this season.

You should watch him play in some games, and possibly pick up some hockey sense. It's $30 a pack at MSG, not cheap but then you wont say things like this. ^^^^

Sorry, didn't realize you were from the Czech Republic, you probably don't get to see him on Broadway. Well trust me he has grown up and played with dignity now that he's on the most famous stage in the world. And I'll say it again: 14 points in 16 games on a line with a FREEZING cold Straka and a guy that can't find the back of the net, Shanahan.

Edited by Earthhuman

Avery has looked good this year, even in L.A before he went to NY. A lot of these "takes too many dumb penalties" comments just don't apply anymore. I'd take him...

esteef

I don't know about that...most of the non-Detroit hockey I watch is on Versus and Versus semmingly shows mostly NYR games and i've seen Avery take alot of dumb peneltys this year, mabye not as many as he did the last couple years but still...

He's not nearly as stupid as he used to be. He's been a great acquisition so far for the Rangers. I've never liked him, but you gotta hand it to him. He's cut down the dumb penalties, he's fighting and scoring. Hard to complain, and he's a bargain at that.

He is not the same guy we saw at the beginning of the season. He /is/ an offensive force, if you look at his numbers since getting serious about his career by playing on a team that is going somewhere- 14 points in 16 games, with 29 PIMs in that time (keep in mind he fights, 10 minutes from majors). Not to mention he's agressive, but disiplined, an aggitator but doesn't pile up the PIMs (anymore), and he sticks up for his team. He's also a clutch player nowadays. He made the Rangers a much harder team to play against.

He plays on a line with Shanahan who hits the post darn near every game, with darn near 0 goals.

What more could you want for 1.1 million dollars?

Not only that but he draws alot of PIM to put his team on the power play

Haven't heard anything out of his mouth this year either

I've always liked him. He's very entertaining, brings a lot of grit, excellent agitator and is actually a pretty skilled hockey player. And now he looks like he has matured. Yes i'd take him over Maltby any day.

If Avery can keep his yapper lidded up and not cause any unnecessary drama in the locker room or controversial in the press, I'd consider wanting to get him back at some point in the future if he keeps developing like he seems like he is.

I'd definately take him back , Tough , can score , has a little size , fights ?

What more could you want?

I'd want him to stop all the garbage that comes with all those great qualities he has.

The diving, the turtling, the bad penalties, the mouthing off in the press...

Meh, I don't want him. Not because I don't like him but becasue I'd rather get some one else. In LA he was running around like a little whinney punk but now that he's with a team with good leadership (no offense to Luc when he was still playin') he is a little more controlled. I think playing in LA (on a bad team) was what probably made him so angry (most likely depressed) and now he's got a shot to do well with a new team and he doesn't want to blow it. I think he will continue to do well with the Rangers.

SIDENOTE: I heard a while back that Avery broke Scott Thorton's wrist while they were working out by kicking a medicene ball at him? Any truth to this?

Edited by Zetter is Better

Haven't heard anything out of his mouth this year either

"Well Brodeur is a whiner, he always has been, and you just have to play through that. Hopefully he'll (something along the lines of) [enjoy my ass in his face all night]."

Meh, I don't want him. Not because I don't like him but becasue I'd rather get some one else. In LA he was running around like a little whinney punk but now that he's with a team with good leadership (no offense to Luc when he was still playin') he is a little more controlled. I think playing in LA (on a bad team) was what probably made him so angry (most likely depressed) and now he's got a shot to do well with a new team and he doesn't want to blow it. I think he will continue to do well with the Rangers.

You know it must have been frustrating to play with NO talent. I might have responded the same way.