• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Wings say they are gritty enough for playoff grind

Rate this topic

I like it when people outside of the Detroit area say things like..."I wouldn't want to face the Detroit Red Wings in the frist round!" It makes me happy :banana:

Edit = spelling

Edited by Elshupacabra

"We're going to need to score goals like that. The goalies are so good nowadays (that) shooting pucks from outside, if you don't have anyone there for rebounds, there won't be many goals scored."<-- that seems to be the Wings biggest offensive problem. Too many soft shots and not enough rushing the net.... hopefully with Calder & Betuzzi, that won't be a problem anymore. :thumbup:

I believe that our team looks more balanced and thougher for playoffs now than it did last season.

Our team is a very serious cup contender this year.

Crashing the net is so key. It's fairly basic, and yet it's what the Wings have completely lacked in the playoffs the last several years. One long perimeter shot and out has been the norm, and it's been so frustrating. Hopefully, this year will be different.

"They're going to have a real rested Henrik Zetterberg. That would be the one team I really wouldn't be in a rush to play against."

I like how he implied that a real rested Zetterberg is a big part of going far. It's nice to have that go-to guy.

Bruce Macleod at RWC said Zetterberg and Datsyuk will be on the same line in the playoffs. That will really help Zetterberg considering the type of chemistry they have is so natural.

I think our team this year is much better prepared for the playoffs than last year. We're younger and more dynamic.

Reading that blurb that Zetterberg is "well-rested", along with Bertuzzi going down to Lang's line against the Columbus game and Holmstrom starting to play with Datsyuk again, gives me the strong perception that he'll be back for Tuesday's game, Thursday's at the latest, and that Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom will be re-united. I'm just speculating obviously, but I get the vibe that he's as close to 100% as he's been since sitting out over a month ago.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Very good , We are tougehr then last year , Goaltendings improved , and offensive play has improve with Z and Dats ripping it up , I'd much rather Bertuzzi playing with them though. There gonna get run right and left if we play calgary , Bertuzzi would be there to run them right back

I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup this year, and maybe that's a good thing.

I am very impressed with the defense and the improved grit. I just hope it's enough...

It depends on who we play as to where Bert plays I think. He is honestly so good that he can make a line better by himself. Let him play with Lang and that gives us 2 good scoring lines. If Dats, Zetts need some backup then move him to the #1.