463 replies to this topic

#321 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (The Winged Wheel @ June 14, 2009 - 11:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still trying to get into soccer. Although I've been watching it more and more as of late, I try to stay away from MLS though. No fans, no atmosphere, pretty boring stuff lol.

I recommend waiting til the Confederations Cup is over so you don't get driven to the funny farm by those god-awful horns.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#322 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that there has been no mention of my team.... the mighty Raith Rovers!!!

#323 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

I hope Fox Sports continues in the future for Champions league coverage. I'm loving this. ESPN sucked at it and never aired games in HD nor cared about the pregame shows and such.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#324 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (FifeHockeyNut @ July 24, 2009 - 04:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm kind of disappointed that there has been no mention of my team.... the mighty Raith Rovers!!!

Nah not many other Raith Rovers fans. There's a couple of Celtic Fans and a couple of Rangers fans on here. You Sir are the only one on here representing the Kingdom of Fyfe......I think? unsure.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#325 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Soccer isn´t that smooth, as you think...

#326 jke

jke

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Barcelona - Zlatan Ibrahimovic !

#327 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (glasgowcelticwing @ August 27, 2009 - 08:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah not many other Raith Rovers fans. There's a couple of Celtic Fans and a couple of Rangers fans on here. You Sir are the only one on here representing the Kingdom of Fyfe......I think? unsure.gif

I'm a Man Utd fan but also follow Celtic and at the moment i'm not too convinced by Tony Mowbray and really think Paddy McCourt needs to play more games for Celtic to succeed
Posted Image

#328 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (VanDer @ October 20, 2009 - 01:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Man Utd fan but also follow Celtic and at the moment i'm not too convinced by Tony Mowbray and really think Paddy McCourt needs to play more games for Celtic to succeed

Not convinced by Mowbray myself either. He's been to forward in the press about his critisisim of the team and isn't doing himself any favours with that or the matter the team's been playing poorly. I can see him lasting the season at least but if he doesn't get his act together then I can see the return of the magnificent seven King Henrik Larsson happening alot sooner than I thaught he would to manage the team. Deffo agree about Paddy McCourt too he needs to get a run of games going to be able to build up some sort of fluency in the first team. Young Niall McGinn needs a run in there too that boy is turning out to be quite a find too scoring today against Killie also. Celtic have alot of really good players who are under performing and letting the team down. Hopefully Mogga can get them playing as a team again.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#329 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

RIP 32 year old German International & Hannover 96 Goalkeeper Robert Enke who commited suicide today.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#330 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (glasgowcelticwing @ November 1, 2009 - 03:44AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not convinced by Mowbray myself either. He's been to forward in the press about his critisisim of the team and isn't doing himself any favours with that or the matter the team's been playing poorly. I can see him lasting the season at least but if he doesn't get his act together then I can see the return of the magnificent seven King Henrik Larsson happening alot sooner than I thaught he would to manage the team. Deffo agree about Paddy McCourt too he needs to get a run of games going to be able to build up some sort of fluency in the first team. Young Niall McGinn needs a run in there too that boy is turning out to be quite a find too scoring today against Killie also. Celtic have alot of really good players who are under performing and letting the team down. Hopefully Mogga can get them playing as a team again.

Agree with everything u said. I watched McCourt and McGinn both regulary when they played at Derry City and was abit annoyed when alot of celtic fans where saying that both will never make it at celtic but now im really happy as they are making those fans eat thier words lol. both players where absolute bargins
Posted Image

#331 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

IRELAND WERE ROBBED OUT OF THE WORLD CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!!

i really cant believe it flamingmad.gif
Posted Image

#332 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (VanDer @ November 18, 2009 - 06:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IRELAND WERE ROBBED OUT OF THE WORLD CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!!

i really cant believe it flamingmad.gif

What happened? When I left it was just starting Extra Time. I was hoping my boy Keane would pull out another goal.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#333 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

Oh, now I see, apparently offsides handballs are legal now? UEFA rule changes need to be made more public.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#334 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

It's and adsolute disgrace!
Posted Image

#335 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Yep, Ireland cheated out of a World Cup place by the morons in charge of football.

First, FIFA basically changed the rules halfway through a Qualifying campaign to favour the big teams like France and Portugal who found themselves struggling to qualify (seeding the big teams to increase their chances of getting through).

Then, last night, not only do the officals miss 2 players offside from the freekick, a possible foul on Richard Dunne, but 2 frigging handballs by Henry that everyone else in the stadium saw!

It's almost 2010 and the idiots at FIFA still refuse to adopt Video Technology to help the officals. They say it will 'undermine the referees' - complete bollocks, it's proven in every other sport to be a great help to referees. (Even the NHL, who still try their best to mess it up)

Even if they introduced a Challenge system - even just one Challenge each for the Coaches - it would have saved this mess. (Same with hockey - the challenge system is great IMO) Players who dream about the playing in a World Cup, and the supporters who want to be their cheering their team on, all robbed of the chance by ridiculous officiating.

It seems to be the only sport I can think of that by its very nature actively encourages cheating. One of FIFA's mantras is 'Fair Play' - Fair play my arse!

And after that debacle last night I watched Brad May get robbed of a goal by more dopes!! ranting.gif

Edited by Green Wing, 19 November 2009 - 03:28 PM.

#336 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

Leeds United knocked out Manchester United in the FA Cup. bahahhahahaha
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#337 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Jwo @ January 3, 2010 - 06:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leeds United knocked out Manchester United in the FA Cup. bahahhahahaha

aw well. At least Loserpool got beat by Reading!!
Posted Image

#338 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Leeds with another good performance. Amazing.
Burke.gif

#339 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

What a match between Manchester United and Manchester s***y sorry City!! Incredible!!!!
Posted Image

#340 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (VanDer @ January 27, 2010 - 06:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a match between Manchester United and Manchester s***y sorry City!! Incredible!!!!

City has it's sites on the FA Cup anyways.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users