• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Intresting Article on Crosby

Rate this topic

The NHL is making an effort to provide the game he needs, his team is providing the atmosphere he needs, and he is giving the effort he needs.

So why don't I think it's gonna happen? I can't get it out of my head that he has peaked offensively.

I can't get it out of my head that he has peaked offensively.

At 19 years old? I doubt it. He had a great rookie year and has improved this year, why will he not continue to improve like almost every other player in the history of the game?

That said, unless the game changes, no way he gets 200pts.

Now this could get me in trouble BUT...

I don't think Crosby will top Wayne's record(s) and its not for a lack of ability/talent... reason being GOALTENDING, most backups in the league currently are far better than many of the starter's in the 80s (due in part to equipment). If you look at film from the 80's look at some of the goals scored in that era on what were considered above average goalies like Liut, Hrudy, Fuhr, etc

Their were many goals scored on what now are considered to be routine stops, thanks to the butterfly. The good old pad stack looks pretty sad by comparison.

AM

He's a cocky lil bastard thats why

He is? :blink:

Everything I've ever heard from Crosby is humble to the point of being dull. Using the same sports cliches over and over.

Now this could get me in trouble BUT...

I don't think Crosby will top Wayne's record(s) and its not for a lack of ability/talent... reason being GOALTENDING, most backups in the league currently are far better than many of the starter's in the 80s (due in part to equipment). If you look at film from the 80's look at some of the goals scored in that era on what were considered above average goalies like Liut, Hrudy, Fuhr, etc

Their were many goals scored on what now are considered to be routine stops, thanks to the butterfly. The good old pad stack looks pretty sad by comparison.

AM

I agree. Anyone breaking Gretzky's records would have to be a god considering how much goaltending has improved since that era.

And on top of that, teams are so much more responsible defensively. There's a lot more trapping and a lot less running and gunning.

I'd be amazed if anyone topped Gretzky's records without increasing net size or some other rule change that really increased scoring.

He's a cocky lil bastard thats why

Well he sure is good, so he has a little room to be cocky.

He is very talented and an amazing hockey player, and hell hes only 19 years old.

He has a whole career ahead of him.

as for you saying he is a liar, what does he lie about?

Well he sure is good, so he has a little room to be cocky.

He is very talented and an amazing hockey player, and hell hes only 19 years old.

He has a whole career ahead of him.

as for you saying he is a liar, what does he lie about?

He... pretends to not be cocky? I have no idea. If you pretend to not be cocky then you are not cocky. Yzerman knows he's great and he knows he's responsible for that, yet he acts like he's nothing without the fans. I'll bet he played to play, not to entertain.

And sure I think he's peaked, just from watching what I have. Hockey players do not suddenly get better over the summer, it happens throughout the season, and I haven't seen that (too drastically). And I don't mean statistically. I think he will get stronger, defensively more responsible, etc., and his team will grow with him, so he can only improve statistically. But I think he is where he is, and his team can only get him so many more points. <--- That's not saying that his team does the work, just that they have offensive upside whereas Crosby is close to his maximum skill from what I've seen.

Edited by Earthhuman

When has he been cocky and a liar? I always thought he was humble and respectful. I believe he will hit the 200 and I WANT him to hit it because hockey needs someone to hit it.

Lets-Go-Vech-kin :clap:, :clap:, :clap::clap::clap:

*repeat*

I think Sid proved to everyone this year that he is and will be for a long time a better player than Ovechkin. I love how Ovechkin plays the game but the comparison about who is better is just silly at this point. Crosby elevated everyone on that Pittsburgh team to be better and has lead them to the playoffs. The same obviously can't be said for Ovechkin. Pittsburgh obviously has more talent but Washington is a long long way off of getting to where Pitt is!!