• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stactum

Playoff hockey to not be televised to some in USA

Rate this topic

I will cancel my Charter in no time if they'll do that...

Original post on HockeyBuzz here http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6560

PLAYOFF HOCKEY TO NOT BE TELEVISED TO SOME IN USA.

Attention all. Your fellow hockey fans need you.

Just yesterday, The Charter Cable Company announced they are planning on dropping the Versus Cable Network prior to the start of the NHL playoffs. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

This means that several thousands of hockeyfans in the US will be shutout from being able to view the best tournament iin all sports. The Stanley Cup Playoffs. And for what?

We need to spread the word throughout the internet and start pounding Charter.

The following link was set up by Versus to help get the message to Charter Communications that people actually want to watch this channel.

We need to help our fellow hockey fans. Imagine if the playoffs were taken from you!

click on the following link....

http://www.keepversus.viewerlink.tv

first off. Lose the caps in your title thread. No need to yell. second, this should be posted in rumors since it is a blog or buzz that you are getting this from. No serious source.

I saw it on Versus last night at the bottom of the screen. 'Tis true.

Word,

LDi03

I watched part of the game on Versus last night and saw a message scroll across the screen talking about Versus being dropped from Charter...and immediately I was outraged and called them up. I was told that Charter is still in negotiations with Comcast (who apparently is not only one of the largest cable companies around, but also owns Versus). From what I was told Comcast wants Charter to pay more money in order to keep Versus in their lineup...and apparently they are still negotiating. So from what I understand it isn't that Charter is going to straight up drop Versus, as negotiations are supposedly ongoing. Whatever the case, please be sure to contact Charter if you have them and voice your concern about the channel being dropped, especially before the NHL playoffs start. I hope that is the channel is dropped, they will work out some sort of agreement with Center Ice to show the Versus games on there, because I know that Center Ice in the past (at least with Charter, not when I had Directv) showed the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.......so I don't know if after the 1st 2 rounds Versus has exclusive rights or not, but hopefully something will happen. If Versus is dropped the NHL needs to work on finding another network to show their games on....as much as it might pain some on here I'd appreciate it if ESPN would pick back up the NHL, because you know that ESPN is carried by most, if not all, cable providers and satellite companies. Oh well, here's to hoping they work something out to keep all of us who have versus in the loop at least until after the Stanley Cup finals, then we'll have a year to figure out a backup plan! :beerbuddy:

Yeah I just got off of live help from Charter and it is definitely true. They (charter) are in negotiations with the Golf Channel and Versus. They will be notifing subscribers shortly about the result of the negotiation. I am feeling we will see Versus Disappear BEFORE we get the written letter.

Well at least the wings are now in 97.1FM for reception.

then there are people like me who have WOW cable and don't get Versus at all. Any one in rochester want to let me come over and watch playoff hockey?

NHL Center Ice On-line has decent quality and costs $120. And then there's the TV version...

the worst part for me...is being in a small college town Charter is the only cable company in town.....I would go with Directv, but since it rains so much here in Auburn the signal broke up too often for my liking...it was also frustrating with no real local channels with severe weather updates which can come in handy......

oh well, hopefully Charter can actually save the day....at least they could fork over some money for an extra few months of coverage then renegotiate.............but then again I don't have the figures for the number of people with Charter watching Versus......so we'll see

NHL Center Ice On-line has decent quality and costs $120. And then there's the TV version...

Does Centre Ice carry the entire Playoffs? I thought they only carried like the first rounds and then the later rounds went to Versus or ESPN (pre versus)

If centre ice carries the entire playoffs then I am all set! :thumbup:

Does Centre Ice carry the entire Playoffs? I thought they only carried like the first rounds and then the later rounds went to Versus or ESPN (pre versus)

If centre ice carries the entire playoffs then I am all set! :thumbup:

Going on last year, CenterIce shows the games that are NOT on NBC or VS. If NBC shows 1of 3 "regional" games, then the other two will be on CI in your zipcode.

See NHL.com for the TV schedule to figureout who shows what playoff games.

the worst part for me...is being in a small college town Charter is the only cable company in town.....I would go with Directv, but since it rains so much here in Auburn the signal broke up too often for my liking...it was also frustrating with no real local channels with severe weather updates which can come in handy......

oh well, hopefully Charter can actually save the day....at least they could fork over some money for an extra few months of coverage then renegotiate.............but then again I don't have the figures for the number of people with Charter watching Versus......so we'll see

I totally know your pain...Charter is the only thing in my college town as well. If they drop Versus...I...I...I might cry. Although, my roommate might be happy...

I think its kinda weird how throughout the season a lot of people (myself included) are like "Versus sucks!" and now we are going to be rid of it and people are like "Oh no! Save Versus!" I know the circumstances are different, I just thought it was interesting.