• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JPriceless101

What is wrong with Robert Lang?

Rate this topic

What? In the regular season you mean.

Against the Oilers (who scored 11 ES goals), Lang was on the ice for 7. He doesn't PK, so that's irrelevant.

Three goals were Oiler GWG:s.

Lang was a -2 against Edmonton.

As was Zetterberg and Yzerman.

So Yzerman's lazy and he sucks?

Hank is lazy and he sucks?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Lang was a -2 against Edmonton.

As was Zetterberg and Yzerman.

So Yzerman's lazy and he sucks?

Hank is lazy and he sucks?

Note that the same numbers for Z and Stevie was 4 ES goals against (of which one was an EN). Not a huge difference, but still there. Special teams were overall more of a problem than ES play in the series. In my opinion, this is where Datsyuk outperforms Lang. Dats can think defensive hockey and prevent goals, being more of a real center. Lang has lost much of that, if he ever had it.

Hasn't got to do with being lazy and suck, it's just a pointer to how he's approaching status "done".

Edited by GuloGulo

Note that the same numbers for Z and Stevie was 4 ES goals against (of which one was an EN). Not a huge difference, but still there. Special teams were overall more of a problem than ES play in the series. In my opinion, this is where Datsyuk outperforms Lang. Dats can think defensive hockey and prevent goals, being more of a real center. Lang has lost much of that, if he ever had it.

Hasn't got to do with being lazy and suck, it's just a pointer to how he's approaching status "done".

You must have a better source for stats than I do. where does it break the goals down like that?

For +/-, they only count even strength goals, when you give up a goal while on the power play (-1), or when you score a shorthanded goal (+1).

You must have a better source for stats than I do. where does it break the goals down like that?

For +/-, they only count even strength goals, when you give up a goal while on the power play (-1), or when you score a shorthanded goal (+1).

I went through memory and nhl.com's game-by-game stats (old boxscores) to see exactly who were on the ice.

^ If you don't believe him, check the stats. Lang has been the most reliable playoff performer for the Wings since he's joined the team.

:clap: Read my sig, you'll see why I haven't bothered to change it all year. :yowza:

Without dredging through this entire thread and disputing/agreeing with various points, I say there is nothing wrong with Robert Lang. Our expectations of our players are simply ridiculous sometimes, so maybe it's us? They can't win good enough to suit us, even when they are just fine by anyone else's standards.

Interestingly, some of the guys in the Wings locker room also don't think they are good enough, themselves -- even when they are great and win and contribute something to every game... they think they can do better.

That's a good thing. :)

I'd take Robert Lang over Pavel Datsyuk any day of the week

I wouldn't in any of the recent days or weeks, but this thread has nothing to do with Pavel Datsyuk, so why even bring him up?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Without dredging through this entire thread and disputing/agreeing with various points, I say there is nothing wrong with Robert Lang. Our expectations of our players are simply ridiculous sometimes, so maybe it's us? They can't win good enough to suit us, even when they are just fine by anyone else's standards.

Interestingly, some of the guys in the Wings locker room also don't think they are good enough, themselves -- even when they are great and win and contribute something to every game... they think they can do better.

That's a good thing. :)

Come on now. Lang does NOTHING. He isn't scoring, he's not physical, he's not a defensive forward. He does nothing. He brings nothing. He's just lazy and overpaid. If Lang at least brought something else to the team other than offensive ability, then I'd cut him some slack. How can I cut him slack when he's not doing anything right now? And it's not like he's playing with Williams anymore either. He's playing with a former 50 goal scorer (Bertuzzi) and a former 25 goal scorer (Calder). So linemates are no longer the exuse here. He has no excuse. He is not getting it done, and hasn't been for some time now. How much leverage should he get?

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

I wouldn't in any of the recent days or weeks, but this thread has nothing to do with Pavel Datsyuk, so why even bring him up?

To prove a point..... people underestimate the value of certain players while they overvalue others for the team's situation. For the Red Wings, if there was one roster spot left on the team I would love to have Robert Lang have it rather than Datsyuk. The simple reason is that Lang has been our best player WHEN IT MATTERS, whereas Datsyuk has been the opposite. Now, if this was a Washington Capitals thread than obviously I would think differently, but do you see the point I am trying to get at here? All these people who want to get rid of Lang I don't think appreciate the fact that we would be worse off without him than a lot of players on this team.

Wow, that's a pretty strong stance. He does nothing? He contributes absolutely nothing to the team? Hmm, there's no possible way you can back that up.

I don't want to sound rude here, as you are a nice person, but what is it exactly that Lang does? Other than being Hudlers landlord, I see nothing he does for this team. He hasn't scored in ages, he is lazy, he doesn't kill penalties, he very rarely wins faceoffs, he's not physical. So what is it exactly that he does?

Again, I hope I don't come off as rude or anything. I just find Lang to be very frustrating, and discussing him occasionally brings out the worst in me (kinda like with Williams).

I don't want to sound rude here, as you are a nice person, but what is it exactly that Lang does? Other than being Hudlers landlord, I see nothing he does for this team. He hasn't scored in ages, he is lazy, he doesn't kill penalties, he very rarely wins faceoffs, he's not physical. So what is it exactly that he does?

Again, I hope I don't come off as rude or anything. I just find Lang to be very frustrating, and discussing him occasionally brings out the worst in me (kinda like with Williams).

You aren't rude, but you aren't going to see what he brings to the team because you are expecting him to be lazy and to suck, so everytime he does it confirms your belief that he is, and you don't really notice when he's doing good things for the team. For instance, when he was one of the hottest players in the league this year where was everyone complaining? Where were these threads?

He's been having a bit of a scoring slump, but my God if we got rid of players everytime they had a scoring slump we'd have no team left. Don't discount him for being Hudler's landlord either. I think he's a good helper to him. I always see them talking on the bench and stuff, and he DOES have skill so that's not a bad thing.

Lang is a skilled player that is not the fastest or most physical, and takes bad penalties. Those are his downsides, everyone has downsides though. What he can do is score timely goals when the Wings really needs it...he's a very good stickhandler who can make some pretty plays, and he is usually in pretty good position, which is why good things happen to him. He seems to try to be in good position to make plays and score so that he doesn't move as much...which might seem lazy, but is actually smart for 2 reasons 1. it helps emphasize his strong points, and de-emphasize some of his weak points...that he's not that fast and physical 2. it keeps him energized so that he doesn't get tired as fast.

Also, for the 100th time, he will bring it in the playoffs! Probably because he is very well rested from all the laziness of the regular season ;)

Lang is the team goat. He's the player du jour that we love to rip. He's not perfect, but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Offsides