• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingschamps

Dark jerseys at home next year

Rate this topic

Teams do that every now and then. The rule doesn't mean they aren't allowed to switch it up with the other teams once in a while.

Edit: Grammar

and they seem to be doing it more since Hudler wore the wrong helmet that one day...

IPB Image

:lol:

As long as they don't introduce a Black colored 3rd jersey, makes no difference what they wear at home.

I used to agree with that, but after seeing our Reebok practice jerseys in black, I think they are pretty cool. I was one person who was never against the idea of 3rd jerseys, but like most i just hated some of the 3rds they came out with. Iknow it has been hashed on about a million LGW threads, but if they ever do bring back 3rd's into the NHL, and Detroit does decide to do one, I would be down if it was kept simple. Dont go crazy, changing the logo or anything, but something along the above mentioned might be cool.

Other than some of them looking retarded, I am not sure why the NHL is getting rid of 3rd jerseys. Everyone says Bettman just wants to keep finding additional sources of revenue ... and cutting out product is not the way to do it. There are 'some' 3rd jerseys around the league which are incrdeibly popular with their fans.

I was raised on whites at home, so I have to say I'm partial to that. Not even just the idea of white at home, but I like our whites, particularly the way the upper arms are red with the white numbers just below the shoulder. The reds don't match that design aspect.

I'm actually kind of sad to see 3rd jerseys go. I don't want one for us, but I like some of them around the league, especially the throwbacks (Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, Montreal, Vancouver). Chicago and Minnesota are ones that work for me too. I won't miss Nashville's Grey Poupon look or trying to figure out what the hell that is on Edmonton's or any of the others really.