• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tombsy

So I met Stevie tonight...

Rate this topic

Guest Tombsy

Stevie was in Winnipeg today doing a press conference for the Team Canada mens team. I some how managed to get a media pass and sat in at the press conference. After the media scrum, a friend and I walked with him through the basement and I got my jersey and my giant Stevie bobblehead signed. I also got 2 pictures with Stevie by IIHF official photographer.

As he was walking away I called out "Hey Stevie, Is Zetterberg gonna be back for the playoffs?"

Stevie replied with a chuckle. "We sure hope so..."

Anyways, for a guy living in Winnipeg and idolizing Stevie my whole life, this meant the world to me. Its not often Stevie is in Winnipeg.

Guest Tombsy

I didnt intend to make anyone jealous, but I can see why you are. I would be too.

I just wanted to share the single greatest moment of my life with people who would appreciate it.

If it makes you feel any better, I never sat and had beers with him.

Guest Tombsy

I'll post them when I get them. Hopefully soon.

Edited by Tombsy

That is so cool! When i was in midget hockey my coach knew al ot of wings, and for our end of the season hockey party he told us to bring something we wanted signed by Yzerman. We all went to my coach's house with novelty shirts, jerseys, etc and started the party with alot of enthusiasm. It was about a half hour into the party when we were all downstairs playing pool when my coach came down followed by Stevie Y himself telling us he wanted to introduce us to him. It was one of the greatest moments of my life, and I definitely know how exciting this is for you

You are a lucky man.

Every time i have ran into him i either trip over my words and sound like i should be on short bus or the first time i ran into him we were both taking a leak at a local watering hole and i'm not about to try and start a conversation at that time.