• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tombsy

So I met Stevie tonight...

Rate this topic

I met him this past Oct 17th. It's a great feeling to meet a guy like that. He is a total class act. Congrats!!

Class is an understatement, I met him in Traverse City in 98, he was leaving the 1st team breakfast to head to the Center Ice arena, I asked him if he would sign my jersey, of course I would have understood if he said no because they were obviously busy, but he smiled and said sure no prob. I told him Good Luck for the upcoming season, and said "Thanks a little luck never hurts." Awesome, awesome guy!

I honestly think I would cry if I ever met him.. I got to a Wings game early one time a few years back and I was up against the glass for warm ups. I remember my eyes welling up when we was leaning against the boards with just a half inch of glass seperating us. I was pretty damn close to tears, and I'm a guy.

I think it is amazing the love and respect that Hockey fans show for the players, i've never got to meet ANY of the Red Wings so i'm all for the LGW Steve Yzerman meet and greet!

P.S. Congrats Tombsy, your very lucky!

have you ever had the girl of your dreams come up and talk to you and you either stuttered or said incoherent phrases? thats what it was like when i met the captain. like a school boy in love. and yes i am a man and i am very straight, but stevie has been known to do that to guys.

Nice to meet you

i'm umm...hi.

Red wings fan?

I saw you lift the cup. Its heavy.

Yes it is.

You're umm...i'm...its shiny.

have you ever had the girl of your dreams come up and talk to you and you either stuttered or said incoherent phrases? thats what it was like when i met the captain. like a school boy in love. and yes i am a man and i am very straight, but stevie has been known to do that to guys.

Nice to meet you

i'm umm...hi.

Red wings fan?

Yes it is.

:lol: Niiiiccceee :thumbup:

Edited by Elshupacabra

Nice to meet you

i'm umm...hi.

Red wings fan?

Yes it is.

Tombsy - great pic!!! :thumbup:

S4P - LOL Too funny. You know, I thought I'd be the same way when I first met Stevie but even though my insides were shaking like a Jello jiggler in an earthquake, I was surprisingly calm, cool and collected enough to shake the man's hand and manage a short 15-second conversation with him. Of course when I got back to my car I screamed like a teenag girl at a rock concert! :scared:

Guest Tombsy

Y'know what? I was really really jealous as well till you posted that pic.....nice try man.

aloha

IPB Image

You think I made that picture in photoshop or something?

That's awesome you got to meet Stevie. My friend would be very jealous.

I know how you are feeling about meeting him since I just met my favorite hockey player. I met Jiri Fischer last week and it was awesome. I just said I was excited to meet him and that I almost crashed my car trying to get here to meet him. He was so nice.

Here's a picture.

IPB Image