• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

Funny thing that could happen

Rate this topic

if Anaheim win their last 3 games - they go to 50 wins with 112 points

if we go 1-1 we go to 50 wins with 112 points..

season series is tied 2-2

we both have a goal differntial of +51...

if that doesn't chance how the hell do you decide #1 and #2 seeds??

cage match

A Boggle tournament!

Or something like that.....

1 or 2, not really going to matter. Every team, 1-8, is going to be in a dogfight in every game. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Wings will wrap up the division in all likelihood, but it's really starting to irk me that everybody on here fears playing Calgary. Why? Calgary's a tough team, no doubt about it, but the Wings are going to get the same effort and annoyances from other teams just as much as Calgary. Just play the game in spite of the opponent.

Calgary's a tough team, no doubt about it, but the Wings are going to get the same effort and annoyances from other teams just as much as Calgary. Just play the game in spite of the opponent.

the difference is this is not a single game but the best-of-seven. and they're most certainly capable of wearing us down, not to mention to hunt down our top scorers. and Kipper, if not on a bubble, is still one hell of a goalie

the difference is this is not a single game but the best-of-seven. and they're most certainly capable of wearing us down, not to mention to hunt down our top scorers. and Kipper, if not on a bubble, is still one hell of a goalie

And Kipper seems to like playoff pressure the most.

I'm not sure where all the confindence re: Calgary comes from. We just played them on 3/20 and lost, I don't recall us winning a game at Calgary all season. Teams employ different strategies against certain teams and although we match up better with the grittier style this year I'm cautiously optomistic that we'll get through.

The thing about the PO's is that it's different b/c it's a 7 game series.

If we get the #1 seed I'd much rather have Colorado win the 8th spot simply because we seem to match up better against them.

Bubble Hockey Game at center ice between Dom and Giggy

For some reason, I thought I read somewhere that the two teams would use a shootout to decide the seeding, but now I cannot find it anywhere, everywhere seems to end at the GF/GA season stat. Maybe I imagined it.

I don't think it matters as I don't think you'd ever get to that point. The Wings and Ducks may be close and it may be possible, but I think the stars would really have to align for this to actually happen. Not only would the Wings need to go 1-1-0 and the Ducks go 3-0-0, each team would need to have the same goal differential in those games.

If I had to decide, I would look at GF/GA for the season series between the teams, in which case, the Ducks would win.

If ANA wins the last 3 games, their goal diff will be +54 at least. It is VERY unlikely that Detroit will end upwith the same goal diff. And the 4th tiebreaker after Wins, Head-to head, and goal diff, is goals scored isn't it?

Isn't the next tie breaker home record? Could be wrong or confusing sports, because I know for a fact it measures into the tie breaker somewhere in some sport.

Goals for.

Hmmm did a few searches and I can't seem to find it, Fewest games played>Number of wins>Head to head records>Goal differential>???

Goals for.

Hmm we'd be in trouble then, or rather good fortune, I want the 7th seed :clap:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

Today and tomorrow are big in terms of playoff match ups, who's making it..who's not..clinching...etc.

If the Ducks lose tonight, the Wings will need one point to clinch the conference, if the Ducks get 1 point, then the Wings will need 2 more points to clinch

If the Wings get at least 1 point tomorrow they clinch the division.

If the Flames win tomorrow, they are locked for the playoffs and the Avs are out

If the Wild win tomorrow and the Flames get one point then it's going to be Wings vs. Flames in the first round as the Flames won't be able to catch up with the Wild with their 2 remaining games.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

not sure if i'm dreaming this up or not, but i swear i remember mickey talking about this years ago. again, i may be dreaming, but it seems like goals used to be the first tie-breaker (after wins) and it seems like he told a story about how a team pulled their goalie for like two periods (LONG AGO) just to score goals. The goals against didn't matter, only goals for.

can anyone confirm that? or tell me i'm a kook... one of the two.