• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Unusual amount of Playoff tickets still remain

Rate this topic

I'm not surprised at all about the tickets that are still available. It's a combination of the team's early exits in the last three playoffs, the ticket prices, and the Red Wings' policy for selling playoff tickets to season ticket holders. For season ticket holders to buy their "reserved" playoff tickets they have to buy all eight games of the first two rounds. And then if all those games don't get played, the Wings do not refund the money. They credit it towards next season's tickets. To buy all potential 16 games of playoff tickets for a season ticket holder costs nearly 75% of their regular season ticket purchase. That's insane. I don't care how exciting playoff hockey is. That's insane. Factor in that the Red Wings haven't been that exciting in the playoffs as of late and I don't blame people for their reluctance to shell out that kind of money. And while this may be good for the fans who haven't been able to get tickets before because the season ticket holders bought them up before they were even available to the general public, I doubt too many people are chomping at the bit to pay almost $70 for a standing room ticket to just the first round. Factor in parking and concessions and you're looking at $175+ for two people to go to a first round game together. That's just not feasible for most people, especially with how cautious a lot of people are being (and rightly so) with the Michigan economy in the state that it is. The tickets will likely sell, eventually. But this may be the beginning of a wake up call for the Ilitch. Ticket prices are out of control and his team isn't performing. If they don't make it out of the second round again this year, the situation will be even worse for sales next year.

THIS IS SHOCKING!!! considering the 10-15 year waiting list for season tickets I have "heard" people talking about :rolleyes::huh:

I am sure they will eventually be sold out...no worries.

brutus

People are on the waitlist for "reasonable" priced tickets... NOT the 200% marked up prices for the same exact seats.

Anybody watch after 40 minutes on CBC????? They said that 2500 season ticket holders did not pick up their Playoff tickets.

I'm confident that they will sell out evetually, but if it didn't for some reason it would be a shame to have their sellout streak end in a playoff game.

Anybody watch after 40 minutes on CBC????? They said that 2500 season ticket holders did not pick up their Playoff tickets.

I'm confident that they will sell out evetually, but if it didn't for some reason it would be a shame to have their sellout streak end in a playoff game.

They'll sell out. Stop worrying.

I'm sure CBC just had to throw that in there. Bunch of Wings haters. That's basically the way all forms of media are. Oh well, we'll show 'em. Go Wings!

Well, you get what you pay for.. :ph34r::P

I think my playoff tickets are about $20 each... :P

I keeed, I keeed. Out of the 15 or so Wings games I've attended, 1 has been at the Joe, 1 in St Louis and the rest in Nashvegas.