• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie for president

Ovechkin

Rate this topic

Ovechkin with 2 goals so far on the night is 2 shy from 100 of his career. I was just letting everyone know. That's impressive to have 100 goals in your first 2 seasons. it probably hasnt been done since selanne, if he even did it, i assume he did from his rookie totals. Im just too lazy to research it. oh well, talk amongst yourself.

His celebration for his 100th will be no different than any other goal. He'll jump around a few times, smack the boards, do the hand thing, and a couple of other overacting celebrations.

Yet, he is still a very good player that I like a lot. :P

I did like Ovechkin, but now as far as young talent, I am liking Crosby more and more, and I think I like him a little better then Ovechkin, but both are amazing hockey players, and I can't wait to see them progress at their game.

As far as the fastest rookie to reach the 100 goal mark, it is infact Teemu Selanne.

I know his supporting cast was slashed at deadline, but I really wish he had put forward a little more in the way of totals this year. I know its just year 2, and he has lots of time ahead of him, but I wanted to see more of the race with him and Sid. As well, it will be cool to see a guy scoring 60+.

^^^Bossy, 122, wow.

I love ovehckin whole heartedly, hes the reason why i love going to caps games here in DC...

on a side note, anyone watching the game? The atlanta fans are showing their immaturity and lack of knowledge about hockey...there was a clear high stick which negated a goal, and theyre booing and throwing crap on the ice endangering the players...

His celebration for his 100th will be no different than any other goal. He'll jump around a few times, smack the boards, do the hand thing, and a couple of other overacting celebrations.

Yet, he is still a very good player that I like a lot. :P

Just saw the replays. Ovechkin didn't do anything other than raising his stick and touching gloves with his teammates on the bench, after he scored his 2 goals tonight.

I love ovehckin whole heartedly, hes the reason why i love going to caps games here in DC...

on a side note, anyone watching the game? The atlanta fans are showing their immaturity and lack of knowledge about hockey...there was a clear high stick which negated a goal, and theyre booing and throwing crap on the ice endangering the players...

there was a clear high stick because the atlanta players stick was lifted into the Washington players stick. That's why the fans are pissed

I know his supporting cast was slashed at deadline, but I really wish he had put forward a little more in the way of totals this year. I know its just year 2, and he has lots of time ahead of him, but I wanted to see more of the race with him and Sid. As well, it will be cool to see a guy scoring 60+.

^^^Bossy, 122, wow.

Mike Bossy is SO underrated, I would've loved to see him finish his career out without succumbing to injury

Same here with no Wings games broadcasted in DC area Caps are the only thing we can enjoy. I got a chance to meet OVI, Zubrus and Semin at the Russia House Club, OVI is trying to speak some english, Semin cant say a word.

Just saw the replays. Ovechkin didn't do anything other than raising his stick and touching gloves with his teammates on the bench, after he scored his 2 goals tonight.

Suprise suprise. I guess anything can happen. :hehe:

i always thought that he was great and then i got a chance to watch him play live. All this did was make realize that he is the best two way player in hockey, IMO. He hits, plays D, skates, can make feeds without looking, score and did i mention he hits.

The most impressive part was watching and seeing just how much he seemed to enjoy every shift.

I love watching the kid and i hope that one day he becomes a Wing, yes i know its a pipe dream.

i always thought that he was great and then i got a chance to watch him play live. All this did was make realize that he is the best two way player in hockey, IMO. He hits, plays D, skates, can make feeds without looking, score and did i mention he hits.

The most impressive part was watching and seeing just how much he seemed to enjoy every shift.

I love watching the kid and i hope that one day he becomes a Wing, yes i know its a pipe dream.

oh god i cannot account for my actions if he ever becomes a wing :P

I actually like when players get really excited about scoring a goal, even if it looks vain immature or whatever you want to call it, it shows they are passionate about the game, they care that they scored, and that they love the game.

One thing about AO's celebrations, they aren't excessive. They don't rival Tho Fleury or Peter Klima. He is just happy to score, in fact one of his first english phrases was 'I love to score goals'. He loves the game. Betweent him and Crosby, I would rather watch AO. For one, I am so tired about hearing how great Crosby is. Yeah, he is great, but not everything that he does is on purpose. I mean, the guy could dump a puck in the zone, have it hit a stantion, go off the defensmane, hit the goalie in the mask, and go in, and the announcers would say how great he is for pulling off such a precise shot. If you put AO on a team like Pittsburg, he'd be putting up points like Crosby too. Oh, and AO doesn't whine like Crosby.

One thing about AO's celebrations, they aren't excessive. They don't rival Tho Fleury or Peter Klima. He is just happy to score, in fact one of his first english phrases was 'I love to score goals'. He loves the game. Betweent him and Crosby, I would rather watch AO. For one, I am so tired about hearing how great Crosby is. Yeah, he is great, but not everything that he does is on purpose. I mean, the guy could dump a puck in the zone, have it hit a stantion, go off the defensmane, hit the goalie in the mask, and go in, and the announcers would say how great he is for pulling off such a precise shot. If you put AO on a team like Pittsburg, he'd be putting up points like Crosby too. Oh, and AO doesn't whine like Crosby.

:clap: I feel the exact same way! :thumbup: