• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie for president

Ovechkin

Rate this topic

One thing about AO's celebrations, they aren't excessive. They don't rival Tho Fleury or Peter Klima. He is just happy to score, in fact one of his first english phrases was 'I love to score goals'. He loves the game. Betweent him and Crosby, I would rather watch AO. For one, I am so tired about hearing how great Crosby is. Yeah, he is great, but not everything that he does is on purpose. I mean, the guy could dump a puck in the zone, have it hit a stantion, go off the defensmane, hit the goalie in the mask, and go in, and the announcers would say how great he is for pulling off such a precise shot. If you put AO on a team like Pittsburg, he'd be putting up points like Crosby too. Oh, and AO doesn't whine like Crosby.

I would be willing to bet that you watch very few, if any, Washington or Pittsburgh games. Do you? Don't lie. At a minimum, I would guess you at least do not watch Pittsburgh games.

Ovechkin played a good game against Atlanta.

needs to finnish the season strong with a hat-trick.

good luck Sasha

Well, he'll only need 2 goals to get to 100 for the career. If he really wants to finish strong, he should go for 4 goals so he gets 50 on the year.

Really going out on a limb there predicting a guy won't be able to pot 4 goals in a game, huh? :cool:

doesnt matter, hes the glue for a caps team that needs to find itself, without him and losing zubby, theyd be in shambles...hands down my fav player outside the wings

Really going out on a limb there predicting a guy won't be able to pot 4 goals in a game, huh? :cool:

Well yeah, thats not saying much right now, but when Zubrus first got traded i immediately thought that Ovechkin won't be able to get to 50 this year.

/pats myself on the back :D

Well yeah, thats not saying much right now, but when Zubrus first got traded i immediately thought that Ovechkin won't be able to get to 50 this year.

/pats myself on the back :D

it was sad when zubrus got traded, i went to the game right after it, and the whole atmosphere seemed like someone had taken a big chunk out of the team and crowd....really somber

I really hope that Ovechkin gets it, this guy has become one of my favorite players in the league. He is just as talented as Crosby and at least 5x as more mature. He is a real character too. I really loved what he did at the all-star game, when he ate the chips that that women brought him. And then the commercial for MyNHL, when he orders all of the food and puts it under Crosby's name. They remind me of the Fedorov commercials in the '90's

He is a new breed of Russian player, and he and Crosby are both the future of the league, only differene is I like Ovechkin.

Good luck Alex.

No that I have CI, I've probably watched about 15 WSH Ovechkins games and 8-10 PIT Crosbys games. I hate two misconceptions:

A) Crosby whines. Show me the tape for this, because he is SO in control of his emotions. He goes to the penalty box if he commited the foul, he does not have a pout-ie look on his face. He is a man in a mans game.

B) Ovechkin plays defense. If he is in the def. zone at all, he is cherry-picking near the blue line. Only under sustained pressure does he take up his post, and once there he does a decent job.

Sidenote: C) Avery is immature and a disgrace to hockey. <-- Once again, prove it while he is wearing a red, white, and blue jersey. He has Personality, not immaturity. He plays games to get inside heads. Focus elsewhere (Tootoo).