• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsin4

Bert: A Wing next season?

Rate this topic

I did a search and didnt find anything, so hopefully this isnt too redundent.

I was just thinking of what the odds are that Bert will be back next season. I'm sure it depends somewhat on what happens in the playoffs, but I personally like what I'm seeing so far. Hopefully he (and Calder) can prove to be the grit that this team has so despretly needed, cause I would love to see both of them in the winged wheel next october.

Thoughts?

side note: been awhile since we had a player that the opposition bounces off of (and injures themselves) when they attempt to hit'em.(Bert)

I would have to think that he is coming back almost for sure. He looks very happy out on the ice and seems to be fitting in with the team on the ice. The fans love him. They cheer for him anytime he hits, scores or rushes the net.

He has also mentioned that it is nice to be so close to home now. Home being down the 401 in Canada just don't remember the city.

I see Kenny making this one happen.

I hope so too, I much rather spend the money on Bertuzzi than Datsyuk, but that is my opinion, Bertuzzi brings so much to our team that we haven't seen in quite awhile, even though it will cost alot to resign him in terms of draft picks, I's definitely make him a priority over Datsyuk.

If i recall the deal we got him for was conditional, and one of the conditions may have actually included him resigning... Ofcourse I could be pulling all this out of my ass...

you have a knowledgable ass :thumbup:

I would have to think that he is coming back almost for sure. He looks very happy out on the ice and seems to be fitting in with the team on the ice. The fans love him. They cheer for him anytime he hits, scores or rushes the net.

He has also mentioned that it is nice to be so close to home now. Home being down the 401 in Canada just don't remember the city.

I see Kenny making this one happen.

I actually disagree with you. He looks unhappy on the ice. Every time I've seen him play, although he plays hard, it just seems like he doesn't want to be here.

you have a knowledgable ass :thumbup:

:rotflmao:

Edit: Darn smilies.

Edited by TheLegend19

I actually disagree with you. He looks unhappy on the ice. Every time I've seen him play, although he plays hard, it just seems like he doesn't want to be here.

thats bert...go look at every picture of him in a canucks or panthers uniform....he smiles when he needs to, the instance that comes to mind is when he laid out some blue jackets player and sure as hell got up with a smile on his face

I actually thought that too for awhile

I also thought he hasn't been skating as hard as I remember him skating...

you have a knowledgable ass thumbup.gif

Yes it sure is a "smart" ass :cool:

Edited by Echolalia

thats bert...go look at every picture of him in a canucks or panthers uniform....he smiles when he needs to, the instance that comes to mind is when he laid out some blue jackets player and sure as hell got up with a smile on his face

I remember when he laid that guy out.

But regardless of whether he smiles or not, he just looks unhappy. Bowman never smiled, but he looked happy. Bertuzzi doesn't smile, but he just still doesn't look like he's comfortable out there or on the bench.

I actually disagree with you. He looks unhappy on the ice.

That's just his "look" -- he's always appeared with that sullen scowl on his face. Whether or not Bertuzzi comes back depends on a few factors, most importantly of which is his playoff performance and whether or not that prices him out of the Wings' plans.

I do feel that he would definitely want to return next season if the money is right. He's repeatedly said that he's felt 'honored' to go to a team that truely wanted and believed in him, the organization has a great family atmosphere, it's a lockerroom that's easy to mesh with and the front office is 100% committed to winning a Cup season in and season out. Couple that with the fact that Bertuzzi's also said that, at this stage in his career, it's more about winning Stanley Cups rather than padding your stat totals and/or your wallet.

I actually thought that too for awhile

I also thought he hasn't been skating as hard as I remember him skating...

The not skating as hard may be because of his back. He might not be 100% confident in it yet, and therefore doesn't want to test it too much.

That's just his "look" -- he's always appeared with that sullen scowl on his face. Whether or not Bertuzzi comes back depends on a few factors, most importantly of which is his playoff performance and whether or not that prices him out of the Wings' plans.

I do feel that he would definitely want to return next season if the money is right. He's repeatedly said that he's felt 'honored' to go to a team that truely wanted and believed in him, the organization has a great family atmosphere, it's a lockerroom that's easy to mesh with and the front office is 100% committed to winning a Cup season in and season out. Couple that with the fact that Bertuzzi's also said that, at this stage in his career, it's more about winning Stanley Cups rather than padding your stat totals and/or your wallet.

That is true that he's at the point where he just wants a Cup. He's got the money and the stats, but not the Cup, yet. I think him coming back will depend on the teams' performance in the playoffs. If it's an early exit like last year, I believe he would leave to a team that makes a deep run (Anaheim, San Jose, New Jersey, etc).

It's all about the playoffs

I agree, from what they told us (and what I remember) when they traded for him most of the 'conditons' were based on how far we go in the playoffs and how much Bertuzzi had to do with us getting there, I think if he dominates in the playoffs he will be a Red Wing for a while. I also think the picks go up if we sign him too!

I agree, from what they told us (and what I remember) when they traded for him most of the 'conditons' were based on how far we go in the playoffs and how much Bertuzzi had to do with us getting there, I think if he dominates in the playoffs he will be a Red Wing for a while. I also think the picks go up if we sign him too!

I think him dominating in the playoffs in terms of a requisite for being re-signed is a little ridiculous. The guy missed nearly 2 full seasons of hockey back to back and is expected to be a leading scorer in order to be re-signed? I know there were conditions in his deal about how his playoff performance would impact his being re-signed, but I think its safe to say that if he has a decent showing re-signing should far and away be the #1 option. Regardless of whether hes scoring, hes a presence that Detroit hasnt seen since the late 90s. A talented, skilled, huge, physical winger should be the last thing Detroit lets walk in the off-season considering hell undoubtedly only become more and more comfortable in his own skin between now and the next season.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I think him dominating in the playoffs in terms of a requisite for being re-signed is a little ridiculous. The guy missed nearly 2 full seasons of hockey back to back and is expected to be a leading scorer in order to be re-signed? I know there were conditions in his deal about how his playoff performance would impact his being re-signed, but I think its safe to say that if he has a decent showing re-signing should far and away be the #1 option. Regardless of whether hes scoring, hes a presence that Detroit hasnt seen since the late 90s. A talented, skilled, huge, physical winger should be the last thing Detroit lets walk in the off-season considering hell undoubtedly only become more and more comfortable in his own skin between now and the next season.

man i couldnt have said it better myself :clap:

Does anyone know how much $$$ he is signed for?

$5.27 million, US dollars of course.Detroit will send a conditional pick – either a first-, second- or third-round selection – in this year’s draft and a conditional second-round pick in next year’s draft to obtain the services of Bertuzzi. I believe the first set of conditional picks depends on how far the Wings advance in the playoffs, and how much Bertuzzi is a part of that. Basicly, if he plays and we win the cup, we send a first rounder over.

That being said, I think for the right price he is a great addition to the team. I don't think anything more than $4 million is really tangable for the Wings if we resign Pavel, which BTW I think we need to do. And TSN sources say Pav is close to inking a deal.

I'll have to say that is exactly what I was thinking (and looking for) when I posted this topic. If he does what he does best during the playoffs, then the managment needs to keep him around. What youngguns said, that I highlighted, is what sticks out the most to me.

exactly, the conditions were that if we made it to the conference finals they get a higher pick and they also get something if he re-signs in the summer