• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

4/5 GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Calgary hasn't been working their asses off. They're a different team than they were under Sutter. Calgary has scored more goals than Detroit and has become considerably softer. And I totally disagree with your assessment of the talent of the respective teams. The Wings are where they are because of discipline and coaching. The talent level in a salary cap landscape NHL is not as disparate as it used to be.

i guess we'll see, won't we. more than likely we'll be playing calgary in the first round. we'll see.

Just so we're clear,I'm on record picking a first round exit for Detroit, especially if they played Calgary. :)

But what worries me isn't a lack of effort. Over the grind of 82 games, I don't expect balls to the wall effort every night. I'm more worried about other things. But yeah, as you say, we'll find out soon enough.

The Red Wings brought their A game and played 60 minutes for key games against Nashville all season long and against Anaheim last week. They slack off against bad teams. And if all the other teams weren't doing the same thing, then the Wings wouldn't be ahead of all of them in the standings.

now that's a good point, and one I keep meaning to make! :D There are no bad teams in the playoffs, so by definition (Wings-style), the good guys will play up to speed every game, no slacker 20 minute or 40 minute poor efforts. "A" games all the way!

:thumbup:

All I want to say is that I'm glad there are no shoot-outs in the playoffs.

Totally agree. That's what my roomie and I were saying last night.

Bottom line: Wings need to win on Saturday.

Not if the Ducks lose tonight.

Yeah, I watched the San Jose/Calgary game. Calgary is still faster, harder-hitting and made a decent comeback against the Sharks, who were up 4-1.

If Lidstrom isn't 100% and Zetterberg doesn't return, I can easily see another 1st round exit.

Looks like Ozzie will start again tomorrow, says Dom is having a problem with his thigh again. Hopefully it's none too serious, but that's not a good bit of news heading into playoffs. At least Oz will get one more game, and then hopefully Dom is ready for playoffs to start.

Also, Dominik Hasek had a flare-up of the tightness in his right thigh that caused him to sit out three games in early March. He'll be on the ice Friday but probably won't play Saturday.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/weblog/index..._04.html#247392

Looks like Ozzie will start again tomorrow, says Dom is having a problem with his thigh again. Hopefully it's none too serious, but that's not a good bit of news heading into playoffs. At least Oz will get one more game, and then hopefully Dom is ready for playoffs to start.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/weblog/index..._04.html#247392

christ, this team is falling apart. hopefully he'll get enough rest before next wednesday (or whenever the wings end up starting).