• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I don't know so much about the weight loss right now, I weight 148 last time I was on a scale, but after working out 11 days straight now, with a lot of cardio work, and this late afternoon running 5 3/4 miles total in 50 minutes, and killing over 660 calories and doing 23 laps on the treadmill, I hope I'm damned fit! That's the most distance I've ever run in one setting, no headphones cued in to keep me motivated or anything, but somehow I did it, and was able to keep a solid pace throughout even though I was really getting tired with about 15 minutes left.

I'm getting there with the fit aspect. ;)

That seems really impressive to me SWF! Im not sure i could make it passed a couple miles without collapsing from exhaustion. Im a short distance runner, and i mean really short....like 40 yards short! (40 is just like my favorite number for everything you know? lol) Myself and a few guys at work decided to test our 40 times during lunch last month, just for NFL comparison purposes, and i ran a 4.7. I dont think thats half bad for a guy that hasnt ran full speed like that in probably 10 years! I kept telling everyone i was only 6 tenths slower than Michael Vick. :P

It was impressive to me, I knew I was getting more endurance before the extremly long and hard run today, but I was suprised how I just pressed on and kept a good pace throughout. Eventually I'm going to try to push to do 6 miles at the pace I did today.

I'd get owned in a 40-yard dash, I've never been fast to begin with, and I certainly can't get a big jump or accelerate for s**t now since one of my knees is junked up for life from ACL reconstructive surgery, I'm more of a jogger/paced runner now.

It'd be a miracle if I ran a 40 in under 5 seconds. :lol:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Damn office job. It's always somebody's birthday and just like in office space there is cake and singing and before I know i'm eating a big ole slice! Bah!

On the bright side I've been riding my bike to work and eating a cup o soup for breakfast, ramen for lunch and a "sensible" dinner. haha. Not the healthiest diet but it'll work. I think next week I'll reactivate my gym membership too.

Any updates out there? I haven't checked a scale but I think I'm still hovering at 215lbs @ 6' 1"

hey all, sorry for not checking in often. I tried to stay off of here mostly during the playoffs and then the whole sale thing has had me tied down to the preds site most of the day.

anyway. I don't think i'm going to make my 190 goal by the wedding (July 1). But i've managed to get down to the 205-210 level and stick here for a couple weeks. I like it. I've also been doing a lot of yard work, built a deck, stained a fence a 4" brush (old school) too, so I think most of the leveling out is because i'm getting more tone.

thanks for all the support in the beginning, I don't think I could have stuck with things at first if I didn't know I had the LGWers to report to each week.

I must be doing something right. Latest update:

195.9 - May 11

194.5 - May 23

190.7 - June 8

186.2 - June 25

Four and a half pounds in less than three weeks....and I really have been working out a little less often and eating a little more than when I started (need to reverse that trend!) I wonder if once you start working out, the body just starts to get on a little bit of a roll and you lose weight easier. So I've lost about 10 pounds in a little over seven weeks (since I started my working out on May 4). Not bad, I think. Puts me ahead of pace to reach my goal of 177 pounds by September 20.

Also, my waist is at 38.5 inches, which is an inch and a half less than when I started.

I hope this thread isn't finished after L11 gets married, cause I just found it and I need to put on some muscle before Cross Country season. I'm not losing weight, but the inspiration factor is still there. L11- don't quit just 'cause you're about to marry!

I weigh about 140 at 5' 8", and I'm 16 so that's really not too bad. However, I want to get up to about 155 before the start of the school year, which is roughly the beginning of September. That means I have 2 months. If I gain 10 pounds the first month, the general slowing down that is apparent here will allow me to put on 5 more pounds in the second month.

I miss running, cause I slept easier, slept better, and was more energetic when the Cross Country season was on.

I'm starting today, after I sleep. I will run 3 miles which is pretty easy for me, even at a pretty quick pace, since my body is sort of in ready mode. If I can run that in less than 30 minutes I will call that a good starting point.

I hope this thread isn't finished after L11 gets married, cause I just found it and I need to put on some muscle before Cross Country season. I'm not losing weight, but the inspiration factor is still there. L11- don't quit just 'cause you're about to marry!

I weigh about 140 at 5' 8", and I'm 16 so that's really not too bad. However, I want to get up to about 155 before the start of the school year, which is roughly the beginning of September. That means I have 2 months. If I gain 10 pounds the first month, the general slowing down that is apparent here will allow me to put on 5 more pounds in the second month.

I miss running, cause I slept easier, slept better, and was more energetic when the Cross Country season was on.

I'm starting today, after I sleep. I will run 3 miles which is pretty easy for me, even at a pretty quick pace, since my body is sort of in ready mode. If I can run that in less than 30 minutes I will call that a good starting point.

You should easily be able to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. I'm still about 30 pounds overweight (at least that's how I consider myself) and I can do 3.5 in 30 minutes. If you're a cross country runner, and it sounds like you're not exactly carrying around a lot of weight, even if you haven't run in a few months, I'd think you could beat that without much trouble.

You should easily be able to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. I'm still about 30 pounds overweight (at least that's how I consider myself) and I can do 3.5 in 30 minutes. If you're a cross country runner, and it sounds like you're not exactly carrying around a lot of weight, even if you haven't run in a few months, I'd think you could beat that without much trouble.

I was thinking I should start slow and go from there. No need to rush myself from a sedentary lifestyle to a very active one.

By the way- met my goal today but it has thus far not cured my insomnia.

It's hard to go to my bed when there are no obligations.

The likelihood of you putting on 15 lbs of muscle in only 2 months, while mainting a running regimen, is slim to none. To put on weight in that time frame you'll need to eat a ton more and lift alot of weights. Doing alot of cardio is rather counterproductive to that process.

The likelihood of you putting on 15 lbs of muscle in only 2 months, while mainting a running regimen, is slim to none. To put on weight in that time frame you'll need to eat a ton more and lift alot of weights. Doing alot of cardio is rather counterproductive to that process.

Thanks for the advice. Training is optional at my school, daily, morning and evening, and I'll start taking advantage of that.

I've kind of been avoiding this thread, but I really need to get in shape and lose a few pounds. I hope to be able to do that mostly by doing cardio, I'm not the type of person that stops eating altogether to lose some weight.

Anyway, I'm going to try to lose 5 pounds by the end of july.

I must be doing something right. Latest update:

195.9 - May 11

194.5 - May 23

190.7 - June 8

186.2 - June 25

Four and a half pounds in less than three weeks....and I really have been working out a little less often and eating a little more than when I started (need to reverse that trend!) I wonder if once you start working out, the body just starts to get on a little bit of a roll and you lose weight easier. So I've lost about 10 pounds in a little over seven weeks (since I started my working out on May 4). Not bad, I think. Puts me ahead of pace to reach my goal of 177 pounds by September 20.

Also, my waist is at 38.5 inches, which is an inch and a half less than when I started.

Hell yeah!

As for today, I did my part in being hip with the fit club. I ran on treadmill for an hour straight, no stopping, no cheating, no messing around. I ran 6.81 miles and killed 797 calories. A pace of about 8:55 a minute, which is good for me b/c I'm far from a runner/sprinter.

Pretty much roughly every 10 minutes I'd flip b/w running at 6.5 MPH and 7.0 MPH. The last 2-3 minutes I surprisingly still had enough juice to crank it up b/w 8-9 MPH.

This week I haven't been able to work out much as my work/personal schedule was extremely goofy, and I had issues with car repairs, and next week I'll be on vacation, so hopefully I'll still be able to keep up my exercising habits/pace before this week and possibly next.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Hell yeah!

As for today, I did my part in being hip with the fit club. I ran on treadmill for an hour straight, no stopping, no cheating, no messing around. I ran 6.81 miles and killed 797 calories. A pace of about 8:55 a minute, which is good for me b/c I'm far from a runner/sprinter.

Pretty much roughly every 10 minutes I'd flip b/w running at 6.5 MPH and 7.0 MPH. The last 2-3 minutes I surprisingly still had enough juice to crank it up b/w 8-9 MPH.

This week I haven't been able to work out much as my work/personal schedule was extremely goofy, and I had issues with car repairs, and next week I'll be on vacation, so hopefully I'll still be able to keep up my exercising habits/pace before this week and possibly next.

8:55 a mile on a bum knee is excellent.

I've been pretty bad about working out/eating right the last month and a half. I was back in Michigan for weddings for about a total of 3 weeks, which means not eating right and drinking a lot. Then we had people at our place for another week. So yeah, I've been slacking.

But now, the new job schedule is set, weddings are done, no traveling except to Houston for a weekend in August. Time to get back to the gym again!

8:55 a mile on a bum knee is excellent.

It's bummish to an extent from reconstructive surgery, but it's not like it prevents me from doing normal/routine acitivites. I can jog and bike for long periods of time, but forget about sprinting. And after workouts it's not unusual for me to limp for a while. I might be able to play baseball/softball again provided I don't slide. I can't play basketball ever again like I did a good bit in college. If I played again and if I collided with somebody knee-to-knee, it's busted again and my ACL and MCL is probably torn again.

It's bummish to an extent from reconstructive surgery, but it's not like it prevents me from doing normal/routine acitivites. I can jog and bike for long periods of time, but forget about sprinting. And after workouts it's not unusual for me to limp for a while. I might be able to play baseball/softball again provided I don't slide. I can't play basketball ever again like I did a good bit in college. If I played again and if I collided with somebody knee-to-knee, it's busted again and my ACL and MCL is probably torn again.

Well I knew it wasn't /too/ bad. And tough luck about the basketball thing.

Guest Crymson

Cycling is, in my experience, the best bet for weight control anyway. It's low maintenance, it can be done for hours on end, and the changing scenery prevents monotony. Plus, Michigan is surprisingly good for it during the fall, summer and spring.

Hey all. The big day was last sunday (the 1st) and now i'm back from the honeymoon.

and, after all of the great food we ate this week, i definitely need to keep up with my fit club regimen. I was at my sister's earlier and she has various balls to exercise with. I did some tossing around of a small weighted ball, about 5lbs probably. and then bounced around a big 2-3' ball and did some dancing while dribbling it to some music. It was actually one of the best workouts that i've had in a while. I felt thoroughly worked all over my body afterwards. it was fun, easy and something that i'd be very likely to keep doing every day.

I WILL run the Silicon Valley Marathon this November! Last year I had to drop out due to knee injury, then got sidelined over the winter after hernia surgery. But this year I've greatly improved my running mechanics and have made it up to 10 miles pain-free so far. Oh yes, and I'm raising money for autism research again. Thanks to SouthernWingsFan and vladdy16 for donating last year!

Hi guy's I've not visited this thread for a long time , I have to tell you that i've let my training slip the past couple month's. after hurting my legs at work last year i had been slowly but surely been building up my running again .but due to work commitment's i've basically stopped running all together . My weight training and my all my other exersise's have gone out the window too :blush: I've gained a little weight too but not too much . I saw this thread crop up again and it's made me re - commit to staying fit and getting back to my training again. :thumbup:

^ ^ ^

Keep up the good work! :clap: In case you need some extra motivation, my weight chart from last year:

IPB Image

How did you keep the weight loss so steady for so long? I'm kind of worried that at some point, I'll hit a new equilibrium somewhere and level out, still above where I want to be. Ideally, I think I want to be about 155, but I weighed between 170-175 for so long, even while working out in the past, that I'm afraid I'll get to that point and find it much harder to drop any weight.

Well after vacation last week, despite running/exercising for a good chunk of it, eating a lot/bad has put my weight up to 155. :angry:

I haven't really lost much in the "fit" category, but it's back to the dieting that helped me lose a lot of weight a few years ago.

By the end of August I want to be as close to 145 as possible.

It was impressive to me, I knew I was getting more endurance before the extremly long and hard run today, but I was suprised how I just pressed on and kept a good pace throughout. Eventually I'm going to try to push to do 6 miles at the pace I did today.

I'd get owned in a 40-yard dash, I've never been fast to begin with, and I certainly can't get a big jump or accelerate for s**t now since one of my knees is junked up for life from ACL reconstructive surgery, I'm more of a jogger/paced runner now.

It'd be a miracle if I ran a 40 in under 5 seconds. :lol:

LOL! I've always been the exact opposite. I was good at sprints but terrible at long distance running. I still am. I've been trying to get better and in fact I just started training for the October Detroit Free Press Half-Marathon. I'll probably die so please say a few nice words about my passing.

I've always been a super skinny guy so my goal has always been to put on more weight through weight training. I started exercising when I was 18. I was 6'1" and weighed a whopping 160lbs. Erkel looked like Arnold compared to me. But for the next 2 years I would do pushups and situps every single night. By the time I was 20 I weighed 175 and felt I had good definition with some muscle mass. But then I got tired of doing that and decided to weight train with my brother and his free weights.

At first I had no idea what I was doing. For over a year, our workout routine consisted of 10 sets of bench, followed by 4 sets of 21's for bi's. We did this routine twice a week.

Eventually I realised that his regimine was no good for other body parts. I picked up a few magazines and started incorporating excercises for tri's and shoulders. I slowly gained weight but I was still retarded when it came to what exercises were best, what routine I should follow and the like.

But eventually I joined a gym and this is where I really started to learn about splits, diet, time off, rest periods, cycling routines, etc.

Now I'm 33 years old, 6'1" and weigh 215. I'm still too skinny for my liking but I've been learning more and more about proper diet, calorie consumption and changing routines more often. My goal would be to weigh 225 at 5-6% body fat. I think I'm around 8-9% right now, but I'd like to add some mass and reduce a little of the fat I have below the belly button.

What's really helped lately is that I got a new job where they have a full service gym on the premises. I used to have to wake up at 5:00 am to go to the gym but now I can go at my lunch time. It's been a Godsend.