• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

^^^

I'm working on getting back on track as well. I was down to about 167. Last time I checked I was at 173, and that was before last weekend, which didn't help. My problem as been A) I live farther from my gym. I used to live 3 minutes, now I live 15; B) work has really been picking up for both myself and the fiancee. We're just drained at the end of the day, the last thing we want to do is battle the crowd to work out.

I don't think I'm going to make my target weight of 150 by my wedding. But if I can get back in 165 range, I'll be happy enough.

I bet you can do it. But as long as you're comfortable with your weight, no matter where you are, that's all that matters. Just be careful with those wedding cake tastings... they can sneak up on you! :hehe:

j/k, congratulations on your impending nuptuals!! :thumbup:

I know what you mean about the workload thingie, I am swamped lately, too. My office is literally a minute or so from my little gym. Some days, I force myself to go, and usually am glad I did. I feel like I have done something good for myself, you know?

I am with you, I wouldn't be happy about fighting the crowds either. I avoid the big franchise gyms, with their loud music and self-absorbed patrons, male and female. My gym is very basic and very small, sort of the "Cheers" of neighborhood gyms. I credit them with a lot of my success, 18 pounds gone since July 7th. Of course, I still have to do all the work, but if I didn't have the friendly environment and encouragement from the staff at Gym One in Austin, I don't think I would have been this successful.

I don't get this weight-loss thing. OK, first the good news: Today I weighed in at 181 pounds, which means I've officially lost 10 pounds since the beginning of summer. Which is nice, but not what I was hoping for. The bad news is I have absolutely no idea how that happened. My weight loss has happened really in two big spurts. The first was about a month ago, right around the time I was bitching that nothing was happening. In about ten days I went from hovering just under 190 to hovering at about 185. It sort of coincided with a week of shortened workouts (no lifting, running only, due to long days at work that week.) Then I got stuck at 184-186 for the next three weeks or so. About 185 was what it was just a week ago. I just got done with my break week and went back to working out again today. Yesterday was the first time in a week I weighed myself and it said 181. I got home today after working out - 181 again.

Honestly, what gives? I rest for a week, during which I am bad and have a big meal at an Italian place, a HUGE meal at an Indian place, a Taco Bell dinner, and greasy airport food. And I drop four pounds in a week? I wish I could sell that as a weight loss plan. I'd make billions. Eat Italian and Indian, lots of it, and don't set foot on a treadmill, and lose four pounds a week!

I've also decided to give in and try Hydroxycut. Today was the first day on it. We'll see how that goes after 8 weeks.

I don't get this weight-loss thing. OK, first the good news: Today I weighed in at 181 pounds, which means I've officially lost 10 pounds since the beginning of summer. Which is nice, but not what I was hoping for. The bad news is I have absolutely no idea how that happened. My weight loss has happened really in two big spurts. The first was about a month ago, right around the time I was bitching that nothing was happening. In about ten days I went from hovering just under 190 to hovering at about 185. It sort of coincided with a week of shortened workouts (no lifting, running only, due to long days at work that week.) Then I got stuck at 184-186 for the next three weeks or so. About 185 was what it was just a week ago. I just got done with my break week and went back to working out again today. Yesterday was the first time in a week I weighed myself and it said 181. I got home today after working out - 181 again.

Honestly, what gives? I rest for a week, during which I am bad and have a big meal at an Italian place, a HUGE meal at an Indian place, a Taco Bell dinner, and greasy airport food. And I drop four pounds in a week? I wish I could sell that as a weight loss plan. I'd make billions. Eat Italian and Indian, lots of it, and don't set foot on a treadmill, and lose four pounds a week!

I've also decided to give in and try Hydroxycut. Today was the first day on it. We'll see how that goes after 8 weeks.

This is just one idiot's opinion, and I can be a big one at times and might be talking out my rear end here, but for me my weight usually fluctuates around 3-5 pounds every from eating, physical activity or lack of it, or whatever else. At the end of the day though or start of the morning it usually works itself out though to where I am content with what I way or what my figure is.

Usually a day or two of possibly doing something out of whack with your exercise or diet probably won't throw your weight out of whack, especially if you normally eat healthy to begin with etc. I wouldn't bank on eating fast food though to continuing losing weight. :P

This is just one idiot's opinion, and I can be a big one at times and might be talking out my rear end here, but for me my weight usually fluctuates around 3-5 pounds every from eating, physical activity or lack of it, or whatever else. At the end of the day though or start of the morning it usually works itself out though to where I am content with what I way or what my figure is.

^^^ This. I've been told by friends that their weight can fluctuate 3-5lbs in a DAY. It's the reason why I only weigh myself once a week, and at the same exact time. It gives me the most accurate reading of where my weight is at. Typically, mornings just after you shower are the best. By the middle/end of the day, too many factors are coming in to play - workouts, what you at for lunch, how many cups of coffee you've had, etc.

@ BlakChamber: You can definitely come close to your target weight of 150 if you have roughly 3 weeks to do it. Cut the carbs, cut the beer - or even alcohol entirely. I've lost just about 10 in a month (which is quite a lot on my small frame) and the sacrifice has been totally worth it. My BF lost 15. South Beach is truly the best diet plan out there - and the one where you don't gain the weight back as long as you continue to live by the lifestyle choices (high protein, whole grain carbs, etc.) We've been on it fairly strictly and had a lot of success, but it wasn't a huge change from how we normally eat - just making slight modifications to the menu!

^^^ This. I've been told by friends that their weight can fluctuate 3-5lbs in a DAY. It's the reason why I only weigh myself once a week, and at the same exact time. It gives me the most accurate reading of where my weight is at. Typically, mornings just after you shower are the best. By the middle/end of the day, too many factors are coming in to play - workouts, what you at for lunch, how many cups of coffee you've had, etc.

What she said.

I also weigh myself once a week at the exact same time, that's the only way you will get an accurate reading from week to week. I also happen to do this after a morning run, before I get in the shower. If you are inconsistent in the times you weigh yourself, you will not be able to accurately measure your weight loss.

If you lift weights, your body will retain water for 1-2 days AFTER the lift session also. Your body will retain water depending on how much water you drink and the different things you eat/drink. All of that leads to weight fluctuations.

@ BlakChamber: You can definitely come close to your target weight of 150 if you have roughly 3 weeks to do it. Cut the carbs, cut the beer - or even alcohol entirely. I've lost just about 10 in a month (which is quite a lot on my small frame) and the sacrifice has been totally worth it. My BF lost 15. South Beach is truly the best diet plan out there - and the one where you don't gain the weight back as long as you continue to live by the lifestyle choices (high protein, whole grain carbs, etc.) We've been on it fairly strictly and had a lot of success, but it wasn't a huge change from how we normally eat - just making slight modifications to the menu!

But...but...but...it's college football season.

I actually have about 6 weeks to lose the weight. Other than beer, I generally eat pretty healthy. It's doable I suppose.

I don't buy the fluctuation thing to explain losing four pounds in a week like that. I do weigh myself at the same time every day. I see the fluctuation, too, and it's never been like that. If weight fluctuation was the reason, I'd have seen 181 before. I NEVER got that low. 184, minimum. Now it's a maximum. With clothes on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly complaining. I wonder if the body needs that rest in order to adjust metabolism or something. But I'm not buying the normal fluctuation of weight as an explanation, because I know what it should look like.

Definitely let us know about the Hydroxycut and if it seems to have any effect. I've always been curious about it, but not curious enough to spend money on it. You can be our guinea pig. :P

As for beer/alcohol, as long as you're not drinking heaps of it, you should be okay. I usually have a glass of wine every night (either red or white, 5oz is between 100 - 130 calories). A bottle of light beer like Bud Light is 110 calories and Mike's Hard Lemonade even has a light version that, I believe, is only 100 calories/bottle. It's when you start getting into the mixed drinks and such that you can run into problems.

Just remember what Tony Sinclair says:

tony_sinclair2.jpg

"Always in moderation!" :P

As for beer/alcohol, as long as you're not drinking heaps of it, you should be okay. I usually have a glass of wine every night (either red or white, 5oz is between 100 - 130 calories). A bottle of light beer like Bud Light is 110 calories and Mike's Hard Lemonade even has a light version that, I believe, is only 100 calories/bottle. It's when you start getting into the mixed drinks and such that you can run into problems.

Just remember what Tony Sinclair says:

tony_sinclair2.jpg

"Always in moderation!" :P

Moderation is definitely the key, but the problem with beer and the Mike's drinks is the amount of sugar involved.

We went two weeks booze-free, and it made a huge difference. Rather like cutting pop. If you absolutely have to have a drink, stick with clear liqour (I have Ketel One on the rocks) or wine. Try not to have five beers in one sitting (those 110 calorie Bud Lights add up fast!) Wine has other heath benefits, and there's nothing like sipping on a glass of ice cold vodka to give you a buzz that beer would never provide :)

Definitely let us know about the Hydroxycut and if it seems to have any effect. I've always been curious about it, but not curious enough to spend money on it. You can be our guinea pig. :P

Well, I tell ya one thing. If you do buy it, prepare to feel very ripped off when you open the bottle. It costs about $30 and they put 72 pills in the bottle, which could easily fit at least twice that many. You look inside and they don't even fill it up halfway, and they shove some cotton in there so that the pills don't rattle around and give it away. 72 pills is a 12-day supply. You're supposed to use it for 8 weeks too. I'll call it worth it if I've lost like 10 or 12 pounds by then, but holy crap do they have a gig going.

We've reached the end!

Date: 6/16/08

Start weight: 125

Start height: 5'2

Goal weight: 115

End date: 9/15/08

7/9/08: 122

8/11/08: 117

9/3/08: 116

9/16/08: 115

Success! Now, understanding that poundage can fluctuate, I'm probably realistically not at 115 from day-to-day. But as I noted in the previous update, it didn't end up coming down to numbers for me. It was making little changes to my diet and maintaining an exercise routine that worked for me. My bathing suits look great. I feel healthy. I can't believe I started this in June and finally reached the goal - and the trip!

We leave on Thursday and I will spend the whole of Friday on Waikiki Beach, not worrying a bit about how I look! :cool:

Congrats to zetterma and superde!

As I mentioned, we have a fitness thing here at work, I'm a captain, and it's definitely keeping me motivated. Basically we log our activity points and we can log 120 a day. Last week I logged 600 minutes and I'm aiming for 700 this week!

Oh, and I lost a pound since I started (1 week ago). I am not altering my eating habits at this point, just lots of moving around! I'm not ready to give up ice cream and beer just yet.

OK, so I've been mr inconsistent with exercise. My start in this thread was 216, which at 6'1" was waaay too much for where I want to be. I'm currently at 202 which mainly due to better diet.

But this week I once again re-committed to LGW Fit Club. Cut out soda and fast food completely and gym 5 times a week (mix of cardio and weight training). So my goal is to be in decent shape by my bday in late October. Very do-able goal.

Keep it up everybody. And be prepared to fight the laziness when the snow starts to fall!!!!

I'll join!

Starting weight 326 (4-12-08)

Picture:

(from 1-19-08 my birthday)

ottodoug1-1.jpg

Current weight 251 (8-29-08)

Picture:

(from 8-24-08)

a72d40af.jpg

Eventual end goal weight: 185

you are awesome! Keep up the great work!!!

I am off to the gym now. Weight training day, woohoo~~ 24 pounds gone so far. Yay, me! :P

I'm down 16.5 lbs and three clothing sizes since July 1.

I've been riding the bike at the gym 11 miles in 50 minutes a few days a week, have physical therapy for my foot and get to do 55% of one of my beginning dance classes.

And I'm close to dropping another size as my pants are starting to drop at my hips!

Great job everyone!!

Congrats to all with your recent successes.

I actually lost a good bit of weight these past few weeks, at one point last week I was under 140, but I didn't lose it in a good way.

I've barely worked out in the past few weeks because things down here have been pretty nuts with Hurricane Gustav, and Ike to a lesser extent, that things now are only slowly coming back to normal here. Also, I've had a few personal stresses that I've been trying to cope with all at the same time. It doesn't happen much, but when a lot of stress hits me all at once, I usually am shocked and overwhelmed by it to where I just worry obsessively and it prevents me from doing much, and if I'm really stressed out, I tend to eat less.

I'm finally getting my head out of my rear end though and taking proactive steps to dealing with things though, and I'm finally working out again close to a normal routine and eating normal again, and my weight is "up" to just under 145 when I weighed myself this morning.

I never thought I'd be thrilled to gain some weight but in this case, it's probably a good exception.

Just a quickie progress report...

Starting weight: 229lbs (July 17th)

Current weight: 203lbs (September 17th)

I may not see it as much, but everyone from faculty on campus to my orthodontist have noticed that I've lost weight. Nice feeling. I think I've even dropped a pant size; all my size-38 jeans are fitting very loose, but I don't have any size-36 jeans left to try on.

Current goal is to be down below 200lbs before Christmas, which shouldn't be a problem at all if I keep going like I am. After that, I'd like to potentially get myself down to 175lbs, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself.

Just a quickie progress report...

Starting weight: 229lbs (July 17th)

Current weight: 203lbs (September 17th)

I may not see it as much, but everyone from faculty on campus to my orthodontist have noticed that I've lost weight. Nice feeling. I think I've even dropped a pant size; all my size-38 jeans are fitting very loose, but I don't have any size-36 jeans left to try on.

Current goal is to be down below 200lbs before Christmas, which shouldn't be a problem at all if I keep going like I am. After that, I'd like to potentially get myself down to 175lbs, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself.

Congrats! That's funny, my hubby changed size about that much before the wedding - from a little over 220 down to 200, and he said he couldn't tell at all. Yet his coworkers and friends noticed, and of course I noticed. I think it's harder to notice in yourself.

Some people swear by taking monthly pics for motivation and to document change.

I should have definitely done some photo progressions for this, just never thought of it. But even looking at a headshot of me from April versus a headshot of me now, I can see a difference.

April '08 (photo taken for a thing at work, blech):

9788.jpg

September '08 (snapped today):

eddy-september.jpg

I think there's at least a slight difference there. :P

I should have definitely done some photo progressions for this, just never thought of it. But even looking at a headshot of me from April versus a headshot of me now, I can see a difference.

April '08 (photo taken for a thing at work, blech):

9788.jpg

September '08 (snapped today):

eddy-september.jpg

you are so cute, showing off that jawline. :hehe:

Should I take a picture of my ass and post it? It's much smaller than it was 3 months ago. :lol:

Make that 18lbs down now :) WOOOHOOOO!

Everyone's noticing on me.. I'm almost down 4 sizes!! WHOOHOOO I'm so freaking excited!

:w00t2:

:thumbup: Fewer chins,man! Fewer chins.

you are so cute, showing off that jawline. :hehe:

Should I take a picture of my ass and post it? It's much smaller than it was 3 months ago. :lol:

Why of course you should! :lol: