• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

edi puts me to shame, but I'm still pretty happy with where I'm at: I just, this past week, made it below 170 pounds, which is territory I haven't been to in about seven years.

If I stay below 170 for another week, my reward to myself, as planned, is a big-ass Meat Lover's pizza with stuffed crust from Pizza Hut. Mmmmmmmmmmmm I love those things.

edi puts me to shame, but I'm still pretty happy with where I'm at: I just, this past week, made it below 170 pounds, which is territory I haven't been to in about seven years.

If I stay below 170 for another week, my reward to myself, as planned, is a big-ass Meat Lover's pizza with stuffed crust from Pizza Hut. Mmmmmmmmmmmm I love those things.

amazing job, red! Good for you, I am proud!! Enjoy your pizza, you can do that once in a while -- not a bit of harm!

Thought I'd join the club here, you know, just to keep on track. From last summer being around 270 to now being a trim(er) 229. These last 29 seem to be the friggen hardest! No one particularly says I'm "fat" or "heavy", but I guess they don't see the same mirror I do in the morning. When you have been overwieght for most of your life starting from say.. 8 years old, it can be hard to change that image or thought that you can be thin, or, no matter how much you lose, it still feels all there. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry I have not been able to read all 29 pages, but I congratulate everyone on their success no matter how small the victory! Hopefully, this will kinda help me kick this last bit in the ass and get it gone for good! Don't think it should be hard by summer, or at least mid-summer.

Thanks all!

Thought I'd join the club here, you know, just to keep on track. From last summer being around 270 to now being a trim(er) 229. These last 29 seem to be the friggen hardest! No one particularly says I'm "fat" or "heavy", but I guess they don't see the same mirror I do in the morning. When you have been overwieght for most of your life starting from say.. 8 years old, it can be hard to change that image or thought that you can be thin, or, no matter how much you lose, it still feels all there. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry I have not been able to read all 29 pages, but I congratulate everyone on their success no matter how small the victory! Hopefully, this will kinda help me kick this last bit in the ass and get it gone for good! Don't think it should be hard by summer, or at least mid-summer.

Thanks all!

That is amazing, and good for you!! wow!! :thumbup:

Yes, you bet, on the "fat mentality," my friend. I know that I am not fat anymore, but some days... what I see in the mirror clearly isn't what others see. I am down to a size 6-8 in jeans, but I still see a butt the size of Montana (the state, not Hannah). Realistically, is that true? Well, no. But... butt. You know what I mean? My friends say stop losing. Um, no. I am not done yet. I am down 34 pounds since July '08. Maybe 10 more to go, but it's going much slower now. I am OK with that, since I know I have added muscle, which weighs more.

You can't lose without exercise, which I am sure you already know. If I could give advice, and I am no expert... I say hire an expert, if you're really looking to change yourself permanently.

The best thing I ever did for my physical and mental health was join a gym, and hire a personal trainer. My trainer is not an extravagance. I am not wealthy. I belong to a bare-bones little neighborhood gym, and my trainer isn't greedy. He's a good man, who likes to see his clients succeed and get fit and feel better. I think I have the best trainer in the world, so I got lucky, maybe. We are a good fit. He loves that I will try my hardest at whatever he asks, even if I look like a dork. :hehe:

I hope you can find something you love as much as I do weight-lifting and the other "tortures" Jason the Trainer has in store for me. My gym has saved my life (or rather, I have saved myself) and it's probably saved my sanity, as well. It's my release and the best part of any given day, usually. It's the place I go to feel good about myself while I make myself better physically. It's all tied together, at least in my tightly-wound little mind.

Good luck and congrats on all the great progress you've made. Come back and check in with us, OK?

xo, looo

Nice work Blaayze. Welcome! Stick around - share your victories with us no matter how small!

I'm ecstatic. I am in a junior sized 5 jean. I still can't believe it. I've got about 12ish LBS left to go then I'm back where I want to be! I have noticed an immense difference in my dancing as well since I've kicked off the extra lbs. I've also started challenging myself in each of the dance classes I take.

I'm actually thinking about taking a ballet class tomorrow. I haven't taken one in ages...I know it's probably a bad idea with my foot surgery/etc and my limitations but I really want to go and see if that'll really get me past these last few lbs and help me find some of the strength I'm missing.

Can I join the club here?

I'm currently weighing in underweight at about 130, with a BMI of about 19.3

When I played football in high school (eleven years ago; I graduated in 98), I weighed 150 pounds.

In college I played hockey and weighed around 140, having trimmed off excess fat but actually having increased my amount of muscle.

I haven't weighed over 145 since around 2005. My goal is to get back up to around 150, or basically a 22.0 BMI, and to do it in a more well-toned manner than the excess layer of fat that I have had.

Great work Blaayze!!

My husband was also 260, got down to 200, but now fluctuates throughout the year from 205 to 230 - those last 30 pounds are hard for whatever reason. When he really wants to get rid of it, he'll really watch his calorie intake and do two a day workouts - otherwise with just working out around 6x a week and eating semi-healthy he seems to be around 215. When he stops working out he goes back up, of course.

I'm doing well - not really watching the weight as much as I am focusing on meeting my running goals. I would like to finish one of the 5K's I have coming up in under 22 minutes and I have a 25K (15 miler) in May and would love to finish under 2 hours and 10 minutes.

So I have been running at least 2 miles everyday since late june, maybe taking a total of 5 days off throughout the whole time. My running schedule is now

Mon, Wed, Fri- 5 miles (6 miles on friday if I am feeling good, but I have to run in between class on monday and wednesday, so five is enough then :P )

Tue, Thurs- 3 miles

Sat and Sun- 2 miles.

Funny thing is, I eat like s***, but the constant running I have done has got me in good shape. Its harder to run on rainy, cold days, but I have gotten to the point where I get pissed at myself if I dont run, and I feel guilty.

I logged 10 1/2 hours of dance between Sunday to Friday. WOW was that amazing. I even took a ballet class which I haven't done since before my foot injury and surgery! It's a great feeling to be getting in amazing shape again. Today's my day off.. my "lazy" day LOL I wasn't really lazy though.

Just to let everyone know, I have been working on increasing my weight while building my muscle mass.

Since posting in this thread on the 12th, I have increased my weight to 133 and have been able to maintain strength while increasing endurance. So I'm off to a good start, now all I have to do is keep it up.

I have been looking through some workout books/movies and I have compiled what I thought the best muscle/fat burning workout with relation to what I can do. Especially after looking more into the technicalities of how you burn fat and stay lean, I may have just cracked my own code (in relation to finally being happy with my image!). I'm mostly used to just cardio, but apparently it doesn't really burn fat like people think it does; It actually makes you store away more fat on your off days. Anyways, let me know what you think.

21 Mins of interval cardio: 1 minute at 65% speed, 1 minute at 85% speed, 1 minute at 100%(as fast as possible) rinse repeat till 21 minutes is up.

30: Push-ups

30: Dumbell swings - up and down through the legs

30: 45 degree Lat pulldowns

30: Jump-squats

30: Split squat jump

30: Seated Rows

30: Shoulder Press

30: Stationary Lunges

30: Russian Twist- (I just call them floor twists, sit on the ground legs bent and off the ground, back at a 45 degree angle and twist with your abs)

Debating on adding Box Jumps at the end. A lot of people say they really help.

It's pretty much just a 300 workout, with 20 minutes of cardio beforehand to get the blood flowing.

I'd be doing this every other day, and I'm debating on the "off" day doing straight up ab and core exercises with more cardio (closer to 45 minutes).

Anyone have any input? Think this will work? I mean, I guess any type of exercise will help, but just hoping this one is effective.

I have been looking through some workout books/movies and I have compiled what I thought the best muscle/fat burning workout with relation to what I can do. Especially after looking more into the technicalities of how you burn fat and stay lean, I may have just cracked my own code (in relation to finally being happy with my image!). I'm mostly used to just cardio, but apparently it doesn't really burn fat like people think it does; It actually makes you store away more fat on your off days. Anyways, let me know what you think.

21 Mins of interval cardio: 1 minute at 65% speed, 1 minute at 85% speed, 1 minute at 100%(as fast as possible) rinse repeat till 21 minutes is up.

30: Dumbell swings - up and down through the legs

30: 45 degree Lat pulldowns

30: Jump-squats

30: Split squat jump

30: Seated Rows

30: Shoulder Press

30: Stationary Lunges

30: Russian Twist- (I just call them floor twists, sit on the ground legs bent and off the ground, back at a 45 degree angle and twist with your abs)

Debating on adding Box Jumps at the end. A lot of people say they really help.

It's pretty much just a 300 workout, with 20 minutes of cardio beforehand to get the blood flowing.

I'd be doing this every other day, and I'm debating on the "off" day doing straight up ab and core exercises with more cardio (closer to 45 minutes).

Anyone have any input? Think this will work? I mean, I guess any type of exercise will help, but just hoping this one is effective.

Try doing Push-up & Side plank if you are familiar with that combination.

Edited by eva unit zero

Just to let everyone know, I have been working on increasing my weight while building my muscle mass.

Since posting in this thread on the 12th, I have increased my weight to 133 and have been able to maintain strength while increasing endurance. So I'm off to a good start, now all I have to do is keep it up.

That's amazing eva. 133lbs right? How tall are you? You mustn't have an ounce of fat on ya.

Edited by Doggy

So last night Bo decides to pick me up and play "let's guess how much Jacqui weighs"..... He's 6'4 and is about 225..... so he guesses. and I tell him less than what he guessed (but it's what I actually thought I weighed). This morning decided to have the moment of truth and I got on the scale. I've officially lost 30.5lbs FINALLY.. those last 2.5lbs were hangin on for dear life.. I introduced them to Ballet - they were no match ;). I've got 9.5lbs to go to my goal!

YAY!!! SO HAPPY! Today we're going to the Dog beach with Bo's puppers! It's so nice to be able to go wearing my 'kini' :)

9.5lbs!! You're mine! I'm takin you down! There's no stopping me now!!!!

Seriously what an amazing triumph and it feels so awesome. The more weight I lose the better dance is!! :)

So last night Bo decides to pick me up and play "let's guess how much Jacqui weighs"..... He's 6'4 and is about 225..... so he guesses. and I tell him less than what he guessed (but it's what I actually thought I weighed). This morning decided to have the moment of truth and I got on the scale. I've officially lost 30.5lbs FINALLY.. those last 2.5lbs were hangin on for dear life.. I introduced them to Ballet - they were no match ;). I've got 9.5lbs to go to my goal!

YAY!!! SO HAPPY! Today we're going to the Dog beach with Bo's puppers! It's so nice to be able to go wearing my 'kini' :)

9.5lbs!! You're mine! I'm takin you down! There's no stopping me now!!!!

Seriously what an amazing triumph and it feels so awesome. The more weight I lose the better dance is!! :)

Magnifique. :clap:

Unfortuatnely on my end my working out/exericse has been very minimal lately due to just being extremely busy and stress and things like that.

I've put on a few pounds but nothing to cry home to mama about too much. I'd like to lose those 5-10 pounds again eventually.

Plus I got a 10K race over Easter weekend which I probably would have little trouble finishing, but if I ran it now I wouldn't perform up to standards in all likelihood.

So I have been running at least 2 miles everyday since late june, maybe taking a total of 5 days off throughout the whole time. My running schedule is now

Mon, Wed, Fri- 5 miles (6 miles on friday if I am feeling good, but I have to run in between class on monday and wednesday, so five is enough then :P )

Tue, Thurs- 3 miles

Sat and Sun- 2 miles.

Funny thing is, I eat like s***, but the constant running I have done has got me in good shape. Its harder to run on rainy, cold days, but I have gotten to the point where I get pissed at myself if I dont run, and I feel guilty.

Running. :thumbup: I'm a pretty unfit guy, not dreadfully unfit but I'm really trying to make an effort to improve my fitness.

I'm not fat, in fact I'm more on the skinny side. I'm trying to increase my weight and increase my strength but weights aren't my strong suit so right now my sole concentration is on fitness.

I'm trying to run once a day and increase how long I can run without stopping each time.

Running. :thumbup: I'm a pretty unfit guy, not dreadfully unfit but I'm really trying to make an effort to improve my fitness.

I'm not fat, in fact I'm more on the skinny side. I'm trying to increase my weight and increase my strength but weights aren't my strong suit so right now my sole concentration is on fitness.

I'm trying to run once a day and increase how long I can run without stopping each time.

Yea dude, definently keep at it. If anything, it just makes you feel better, and is great at relieving stress. I used to run 2 miles a day back in high school when I played Lacrosse. Senior year I stopped, and never ran at all freshman year of college. Then in June I started back up. Couldnt even do a full mile without stopping. But I slowly progressed, running every day and by November I was doing 5 miles.

Its hard to stick with it, but if you do, its great. Its pretty easy to get discouraged if you cant run that far at first, but I think its more important that your out there running, regardless of how far you run. Even if you can only run a half mile at a time, thats farther than what you would have had you stayed inside or what not.

But I think its like that with any type of exercise in general, not just running.

That's certainly an option - you might be better to try an organized plan where you are working on distance AND speed.

Lots of people have had great success in increasing their running speed and endurance with a couch to 5K program (C25K): C25K Program

Or, you can also use this tool to make your own running schedule, depending on your goals:

Smart Coach

And speaking of running - I actually met one of my running goals - to run a 5K in under 23 min. 2 weeks ago I ran a 5K and clocked 22 minutes exactly (7:20 min miles). My new goal is to get under 21 this year!

That's amazing eva. 133lbs right? How tall are you? You mustn't have an ounce of fat on ya.

I'm just a shade under 5'10". I also have managed to bump my weight up to 136. Still nowhere near THE GOAL, but getting back up there.

I'm just a shade under 5'10". I also have managed to bump my weight up to 136. Still nowhere near THE GOAL, but getting back up there.

I recommend pasta and beer, Eva, with a little pizza on the side. :lol:

I can't eat any of that, or else. Those of us who fight to keep the pounds off are no more challenged than those who struggle to add weight.

Hang in there! :thumbup:

Has anyone else tried P90X? Instead of going with my own workout [was quite boring after 2 weeks of the same thing]. I decided to give this a try. A friend of mine let me burn his disks, and o...m...f....g. These workouts are insane. I have never finished without being absolutely dripping in sweat and completely exhausted. Hell, even after the workout in the shower, while trying to wash my hair, I had to take a break because my arms were so sore! lol. If anyone is looking to become ripped to shreads, I totally recommend this plan. After about a week and a half, I'm already down a belt loop! :w00t2: . They do involve a diet plan because when going from "fit" to ripped, it starts and finishes in the kitchen.

Ugh, I can't say enough about this plan. I am NOT a spokesperson or anything, I am just so happy that I found something that can and will work for me. The stupid fat person I see in the mirror, that will not get out of my head, is gonna get his ass whooped! ;D

I also found that starting a personal Blog (blogspot or whatever you choose), really does help you view your progression. I post a picture a day for me to see, and check the day by day results. I even tend to make notes, circle things, show where things are or are not improving. I'd post em here, but I am quite sensitive in this area. Friends tell me I'm not that bad, but the mirror I see in the morning is different from what others see [ If that makes any sense ].

Ugh, I have never, and i mean NEVER, have been this excited to work out. Maybe once I get more conditioning and strength, I will be able to pull doubles every three days [1 strength disc, 1 cardio disk]. But either way, Ill keep updating my status. Measuring vitals next Monday

Edited by Blaayze

Has anyone else tried P90X? Instead of going with my own workout [was quite boring after 2 weeks of the same thing]. I decided to give this a try. A friend of mine let me burn his disks, and o...m...f....g. These workouts are insane. I have never finished without being absolutely dripping in sweat and completely exhausted. Hell, even after the workout in the shower, while trying to wash my hair, I had to take a break because my arms were so sore! lol. If anyone is looking to become ripped to shreads, I totally recommend this plan. After about a week and a half, I'm already down a belt loop! :w00t2: . They do involve a diet plan because when going from "fit" to ripped, it starts and finishes in the kitchen.

Ugh, I can't say enough about this plan. I am NOT a spokesperson or anything, I am just so happy that I found something that can and will work for me. The stupid fat person I see in the mirror, that will not get out of my head, is gonna get his ass whooped! ;D

I also found that starting a personal Blog (blogspot or whatever you choose), really does help you view your progression. I post a picture a day for me to see, and check the day by day results. I even tend to make notes, circle things, show where things are or are not improving. I'd post em here, but I am quite sensitive in this area. Friends tell me I'm not that bad, but the mirror I see in the morning is different from what others see [ If that makes any sense ].

Ugh, I have never, and i mean NEVER, have been this excited to work out. Maybe once I get more conditioning and strength, I will be able to pull doubles every three days [1 strength disc, 1 cardio disk]. But either way, Ill keep updating my status. Measuring vitals next Monday

My friend got P90x for Christmas and got his ass kicked pretty bad. I tried a couple of the workouts too and some of them are quite intense. I'm in pretty good shape and work out 4 days a week normally but I had a tough go of it through some of them, especially the chest/shoulders one. My hat is off to anyone who can stick to that program for the full 90 days.

I have struggled with gaining weight over the years, but my wife has an even tougher time with it.

We both have to literally force ourselves to eat sometimes, especially breakfast. What has helped are Ensures - especially the extra protein ones. There are times when you just do not feel like eating, and those pack in a lot of calories. Drinking a lot of water seems to help stimulate the appetite, as well as working out. Cutting caffeine is also important.

I can not eat a lot at a single sitting, so I try and space out numerous smaller meals. At a little over 6'2 I have weighed as little as 150 lbs, but have managed around 175 - 180 lbs the past couple years with the goal to get up to around 185 (I have a large frame, so that is still pretty skinny). My wife, at 5'6 has slipped below 100 lbs at times, which was alarming.

I ran in a 10K race today, 6.2 miles. I ran it in 54:29, about an 8:47 pace per mile. I'd like to run faster, but considering that I haven't worked out much lately due to work and some recent stress and the like, I'm not all that disappointed.

The lack of working out though has made me gain a few pounds which I am not happy about. I sometimes weigh in at around 155 now and I'd like to get below 150 sometime soon. And for those who might be wandering or thinking that is slim/too skinny, I'm only 5'7" and you are formally overweight at that height starting around 160-165 pounds I think.