• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

It's time to get my life back. 10 months ago, I experienced a very traumatic loss. The stress of everything going on and the comfort of eating when I was upset led to me putting on 40 lbs. Lately I have been lacking energy, constantly tired, and generally just sick of not being able to fit into my old cloths. I'm 5'11 and currently 220. A healthy range for my height is suppose to be 136- 179. I definitely don't want to be down to 136. I would like to have my curves still so I'm making my ultimate goal to be between 150 and 160. I am going down to South Carolina at the end of July, and for my first goal, I would like to be down at least 10lbs by then. Here is a current picture, and I've decided to post in here along the way so I feel accountable and can track my results.

IMG_1739.jpg

You'll do fine. ;)

I wish/hope I can get fit again. I haven't exercised in weeks, larely due to stress/sour mood/groundhog day every day unfortuantely, it has just taken any motivation to do anything for me unfortuantely. More about getting in shape than a weight problem. I only weight around 155 - 160, but unfortuantely at one time I was consistently 145 - 150 and I want to get back down to that eventually. Years and years ago I was close to 180 being 5'7".

It's time to get my life back. 10 months ago, I experienced a very traumatic loss. The stress of everything going on and the comfort of eating when I was upset led to me putting on 40 lbs. Lately I have been lacking energy, constantly tired, and generally just sick of not being able to fit into my old cloths. I'm 5'11 and currently 220. A healthy range for my height is suppose to be 136- 179. I definitely don't want to be down to 136. I would like to have my curves still so I'm making my ultimate goal to be between 150 and 160. I am going down to South Carolina at the end of July, and for my first goal, I would like to be down at least 10lbs by then. Here is a current picture, and I've decided to post in here along the way so I feel accountable and can track my results.

IMG_1739.jpg

welcome aboard! Believe me, I understand where you're coming from... and I know where you will go with some perserverance and dedication. It's really true that you can't make changes until you're ready to do it yourself -- and it sounds like you're ready!

I totally agree on keeping some curves, girl. I am down to within 10 pounds of my "ideal" weight, and would love to lose that little bit of extra fluff, but if I don't I am Ok with that, too. I think scrawny is ugly, and some of us can be too thin at a weight printed out on paper by some actuary somewhere. A normal wright and what's good for you is what feels normal, is maintainable and looks good to you.

I will post some pics of me, soon. I don't have a camera at the moment but just ordered one.

Best of luck, and keep posting. We need to get this thread moving again!!

Jack, I've met you. You look fabulous! ;)

Man, I've been pretty damn bad since the hockey playoffs started... went from an OK 196lbs to 212lbs, thanks to spending most of the last month on the couch, eating pizza, drinking beer and watching all the playoff hockey versus/nbc offered.

So today is my first day back to the gym and it's gonna hurt.

Keep it up everybody!

Has anyone else tried P90X?

I have been tempted to try this but I live on the 2nd floor of apartment complex and I assume some of the exercises involved would would result in my downstairs neighbors (and their ceiling) hating me for 60 minutes a day (or however long it takes).

RWL87 keep a food journal and definitely start paying close details to food serving sizes. 6 smaller (200-300 calorie) meals are better than 3 where you are bound to eat far more because your body has needed nourishment between those meals to keep your metabolism going.

Keep one ounce snacks near by - raw almonds (which are also good for lowering tryglicerides). dried fruits (the combined items give you protien and healthy sugar (make sure the dried fruit isn't dried with sugar that it's natural). Trade out your soda/pop for iced tea.

Serving sizes for meat/chicken is a deck of cards and fish is a sunglasses case.

Watch bananas and carrots - they are both exceptionally high (highest in sugar quantity)... just like with exercise...keep the foods you eat diverse and try to stay away from eating the same things all the time.

Keep healthy snacks around (hard boiled eggs for a quick burst of protien/energy).. and remember if you have all this stuff available and you are eating the six small meals you'll less likely to be hungry and splurge on the wrong things :)

I also love campbell's harvest select soups which are about 100-140 calories per serving size.. :) Target and Walmart sell these soups the cheapest..they are at least a buck 50 or more at the grocery store.

If you are able to - get out and walk for 30 minutes during lunch breaks at work (I'm guessing the weather there is getting to where this would work out best).

and above all else - believe in yourself! You will get there! I'm down to the last 10lbs from the weight I gained from my foot injury. I'm dancing 11 hours a week, go to the gym, work out on wii fit and am living a much healthier lifestyle than I was before. I am really happy to be back looking and feeling the way I should :)

Here's to the start of your journey!

Remember it's not a diet - it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! It's a better mentality to be in and it'll keep you focused long after you've lost the weight!

all great advice, Jacqui! ^^^ :thumbup:

I went to the doctor today for a little check up and got good news. I lost five more pounds, and didn't even realize it (total of 38 pounds lost now in a year). But that wasn't the best part. I get to drop my high blood pressure medication and cut the thyroid meds I have been on for three years down to half dosage. It doesn't sound like much, but in a year's time, I am thrilled with the progress.

I attribute the lowered BP to all the time I've spent in the gym, and plan to continue. Exercise is the best "medicine" in the world, I am convinced. My doctor also told me that she wished all her patients were as dedicated as I am. Then she told me I don't look anywhere near my age -- clearly I am paying her enough, to get her to volunteer that, eh?

With all the stress in my life lately, I thought my BP would be elevated despite the meds, but that wasn't the case. I am pleased.

We're going to pull tires tomorrow at the gym... this will be interesting, with the temps hovering around 100 even at 7:00PM. :blink:

thanks for all the great advice Jacqui. I've cut pretty much all sugar drinks and replaced them with water and milk. If I happen to have something else it'll probably be a vitamin water 10.

I've been trying to have the smaller 200- 300 calorie meals, but I'm only fitting in 4 meals a day right now because of the hours I work. My half hour break at work, it usually spent trying to fit dinner in, but as a nursing assistant, I spend 8 hours on my feet walking around anyway. I'm thinking about maybe showing up a half an hour earlier and walking the outside grounds then.

Tomorrow is my rest day with the wii active 30 day challenge, so probably what I'll do instead is go through the different workouts and take the doggie out for a mile walk before work.

Man, I've been pretty damn bad since the hockey playoffs started... went from an OK 196lbs to 212lbs, thanks to spending most of the last month on the couch, eating pizza, drinking beer and watching all the playoff hockey versus/nbc offered.

I did the same thing. Mirrored the weight too! Time to get back in shape.

Good Luck to all - keep up the good work!

Some people have fat where you can see it, and some people have fat between their ears where their brains should be. <_<

I prefer the kind of fat that you can see: it can be worked off and dealt with by sensible diet and life-style changes and being good to yourself and your body. The fat between the ears is permanent, sadly.

Pay no mind. Do what you're doing and keep up the great work, Lady! Take the stairs if you can, too, BTW. That has been a big "barometer" for me. A year ago, the four flights of stairs to my office made me puff and my pulse pound. Now, I run up them in the morning (actually three or four times a day as I come and go to my office) and they are not even a challenge.

Little things count! Hang in there and keep the reports coming. I have total faith in you! :wub:

IMG_1739.jpg

Best of luck to you. I know how tough it is, but I also know how satisfying it is once you start seeing results. Temporary discouragement will be part of the game, but you just have to push through it. Just watch what you're eating - you'll be hungry a lot, it happens, but will power is a good tool to build - and pair it with exercise and before long, it will just become habit. Hell, look at me...I started this whole fit-dealy almost a year ago - July 17th will be my one-year anniversary of starting on my path to fitness - and I just got back from an hour and a half at the gym. Keep us all posted, you've got a good support crew here. :D

Yeah I can't believe it was about a year ago for me too! You just have to stick to your goal and surround yourself with people who are going to help support you in the right ways.

Losing weight is just like gaining it - it took time to put the weight on and it'll take time to lose it.

Just remember to create good healthy habits that you will be able to maintain long run - remember it's a lifestyle change :)

Thanks for the support everyone! Edi, VIB and Loo, you've all been great inspiration for me.

So far I've been able to keep pretty close to the 6-8 meals a day and 200-300 calories per meal. Took the pooch for a half hour walk today, and then came in and did day 4 on the 30 day challenge for ea sports active. The running, high thighs, running, thigh kicks (or whatever they're called), running, ect.. exercise was probably the hardest. I've lost 1lb and I'm waking up with more energy already.

WOOHOOO RWL - that's the way! Good work on the 1lb loss already! start keeping close tabs on it as well as weighing yourself at exactly the same time every day (your weight fluctuates all day long).

Amazing as this is I was at dance tonight and one of my friends said to me - you look thinner than last week - leaner.. I was like WHOOHOO WII ACTIVE!! :) I'm off to do day 7!! :) yippeeeeeeee!

Keep working hard RWL - you should think up some goals for yourself so you can reward yourself when you get to each milestone - it'll help keep you motivated. :)

I am SOOOO proud of you, RWL!! That's just awesome, that you feel better and are motivated. Keep us updated, OK?

Hearing that we helped you in any way at all just makes us all more motivated to keep going. You are our inspiration, chickie!! ;)

The meals are so important, you're doing great!! :thumbup:

I was at dance tonight and one of my friends said to me - you look thinner than last week - leaner..

well, I didn't exactly get that kind of feedback, but my trainer walked behind me on Saturday, when I was doing stepups on the 18" bench and 30 pound dumb bells... his comment, "Look at those hamstrings... wow!" in an admiring voice.

:huh: thanks. I think? LOL~ I am sure he meant it as a compliment, no doubt. Oh, well, I've never been dainty in my life, but I sure am strong. I am in single-digit clothing sizes, so I don't need to be a rail to be OK with myself. I've still got 10 pounds to go, but then the challenge will be to keep it that way. As addicted as I am to the gym and my workouts, I don't think that will be an issue. :P

it's been 3 weeks of no pop, no fast food, watching what I'm eating, and trying to exercise at least 4 days a week. Some parts have been difficult, but I'm proud to announce that I have reached my first goal of being -10lbs. :w00t2: I have to go to work soon, so pictures will come later.

it's been 3 weeks of no pop, no fast food, watching what I'm eating, and trying to exercise at least 4 days a week. Some parts have been difficult, but I'm proud to announce that I have reached my first goal of being -10lbs. :w00t2: I have to go to work soon, so pictures will come later.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!! Awesome job, darlin!! Keep it up. Commitment is a wonderful thing, you will thank yourself over and over again when you toss your old "fat" clothes, believe you me!!

I am off to work with my trainer in 2 hours. It's the highlight of my day, most of the time. I feel like i have really accomplished something and done something good when I finish my workouts.

Stick with it, and send pics!! I wish now that I had taken pictures a year ago of myself. I have lost 41 pounds, and now wear a size 6, used to be 12. My trainer said the same thing, that he wished he had before and after pics. I will have to go see what I can find, and you all can tell me if you see that much difference. I know I am smaller -- and I certainly feel better!! That's the important part, yes?

It is fun to feel better about how you look, too, though. It's a motivator for me, anyway.

Hang in there RWL!!! You're a champ!! :thumbup:

we're about to fall off the page, so bumpity bump!! :)

RWL, how's it going? here comes another weekend... woo!! I am ready. I just publicly announced that I plan to lose my remaining 10 pounds, or many 15. That will be just plain skinny for me, but a lot of the weight I have remaining is now muscle, so I take that into account.

I benched 80 pounds the other day. For me, that's Herculean. Yay me! I have also developed an aversion to the stairmaster, not that I ever liked it, particularly. I pushed way too hard a couple of times, and it literally made me sick. :blink: Now, I don't want to do it anymore. Ugh.

Doing great! The other day I got my little sister to go work out with me, and then after we took a little dip in the pool to cool off. I want to try and go again today, but I have some laundry and packing to do first. I'm leaving to go to South Carolina for a week on Tuesday, today is the only day I have off of work to prepare, so its taking priority. I'll probably be able to go later tonight. Good luck with those last pounds Loo!

Has anyone else tried P90X? Instead of going with my own workout [was quite boring after 2 weeks of the same thing]. I decided to give this a try. A friend of mine let me burn his disks, and o...m...f....g. These workouts are insane. I have never finished without being absolutely dripping in sweat and completely exhausted. Hell, even after the workout in the shower, while trying to wash my hair, I had to take a break because my arms were so sore! lol. If anyone is looking to become ripped to shreads, I totally recommend this plan. After about a week and a half, I'm already down a belt loop! :w00t2: . They do involve a diet plan because when going from "fit" to ripped, it starts and finishes in the kitchen.

Ugh, I can't say enough about this plan. I am NOT a spokesperson or anything, I am just so happy that I found something that can and will work for me. The stupid fat person I see in the mirror, that will not get out of my head, is gonna get his ass whooped! ;D

I also found that starting a personal Blog (blogspot or whatever you choose), really does help you view your progression. I post a picture a day for me to see, and check the day by day results. I even tend to make notes, circle things, show where things are or are not improving. I'd post em here, but I am quite sensitive in this area. Friends tell me I'm not that bad, but the mirror I see in the morning is different from what others see [ If that makes any sense ].

Ugh, I have never, and i mean NEVER, have been this excited to work out. Maybe once I get more conditioning and strength, I will be able to pull doubles every three days [1 strength disc, 1 cardio disk]. But either way, Ill keep updating my status. Measuring vitals next Monday

I LOVE P90X (and Tony Horton).

I'm on week four of P90X, and while it definitely makes me sweat, the first month wasn't all that bad. Then again, I played competitive soccer from the time I was 7 up through high school, and then was active in intramural soccer, women's rugby, and women's boxing at U of M (GO BLUE), and I just graduated in May, so I had a good base to start with. After the first week of doing the "classic" version, I started running for about 30 minutes on the weight training days, and I'll be switching to doubles (cardio in the am, weight training in the pm) during Phase 2.

I weighed in at 119 (5'6") at the beginning of the program, and now I'm up to 121, mostly because of my increase in muscle mass/protein intake. I don't do P90X for the weight loss (and as a general rule, I rarely get on the scale as I care more about how my pants fit than the numbers), but I wanted more definition, and the X has definitely helped in that regard.

P.S. This is actually my first post on Letsgowings. Hardcore Wings fan and a bit of a fitness freak, too. ;)

cool. HT, I am glad you're doing so much better, and good for you, hitting the gym again. Easy does it, take it slow, OK?

I am still going to the gym as a way of life now, after more than two and a half years. Six days a week, three x cardio, three x weight training sessions. I would still love to lose 10 more pounds, but if I don't - it's OK. I am not gaining, and that might be the best I can expect without depriving myself and getting slightly crazy about it all.

Hope everyone else is having the same degree of success and self-improvement, regardless of what you're doing to improve your health and fitness.

:thumbup: