• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

To add on real quick, I was giving you insight and advice or tips as best I can, not being degrading or disrespectful or personally attacking at all, and I'm getting dumped on like I'm a moronic dips**t for even trying to help or suggest things. Seriously, what is your problem right now?

Forget the woe is me part, I don't care about that. Can handle that fine. Curious to know what the problem is because you got me pretty confused right now.

It's nothing personal. You have a better self-image than I do, and that's good. Just telling me not to care - because you can do that and feel great about yourself - doesn't help me... although I am sure your intentions are good.

I can't just erase the comments I get from people (who shouldn't matter, yes, yes, I know). It's hard to ignore the fact that I do not get results from working harder than 99% of people I know at trying to look better and lose weight. I keep trying, but the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over and expecting a different result.

It's amazingly discouraging. I am sorry if I didn't accept your advice and just say the Hell with it, I don't care what everyone else thinks. I do care. I wish it was a simple as just saying who cares? I have no support system -- other than the trainer who I pay to tell me I am a good girl. All that shows from my efforts is, well...not much. I am not bigger than I was, but I am not leaner, either. I am as fit now as I was 2 years ago... but no progress otherwise.

It's frustrating to see and hear others making HUGE strides and losing weight, and counting calories and having it actually work... when it doesn't work for me. I feel like I am doing it all wrong and all of this incredibly hard work is for nothing. Can you understand this at all? :unsure:

I probably should just quit posting here.

Good luck to all of you! :thumbup: I really do wish you the best.

Cool. I do understand.

And you should still post here.

I wasn't necessarily seeking advice approval, was just really baffled at the reaction I got, basically was like what the heck did I do when I couldn't think of anything obvious.

Don't take this the wrong way, but through my success, I had nobody or nothing else. No trainers. Nobody. No calorie counting with food. No formal diet with strict rules. No strict rules saying that I had to weigh so-and-so by this date or eat exactly 'x' amount of calories a day or I'm off my plan by this much or my progress is utter crap if it didn't happen! Just basically kept my expectations to making progress here/there gradually and don't eat so bad, that's it.

Sure, people told me whenever conversations were up to keep up the great work and all that jazz, which I do appreciate, but the only source there that continued to push me, was me. Myself, my decisions, my attitude, my accepting that progress will eventually happen if I don't quit, and my wanting to do things my way.

Not trying to discount other factors. I definitely eat better. I've seen trainers where I go. I'd love to have their appearance if genetically I was a little taller or bigger. They're more than well-qualified for their jobs.

But I like the job I've done with myself, and it was just me doing it. And in the end that could be all that's really needed. It can be done.

I suspect it's somewhat easier to keep pushing yourself when you experience success. It's a little more difficult to continue to beat one's head against the wall, expecting some modicum of improvement and not getting it. It's difficult to try so hard to do everything "right" and discover that things which work for others... just do not for me.

Perhaps I would feel a bit better about the time and sweat equity if it I saw any progress??? Maybe. Otherwise, I can't really draw you an analogy that makes sense, since you are succeeding. I don't think it's a character failing on my part to be discouraged, when nothing I am doing is effective. Didn't say you said I have a character flaw, by the way... I just don't believe there is anything else I can do to make some progress, and it's disheartening. I think that's human.

I am glad you've done everything on your own. I admire that. I wish I could say the same, as even with a trainer I am failing. He's a 30 year old man, I am not trying to look like him, by the way. ;) Does that make me weak and foolish for being upset and down about two and half years of sweat and struggle to stay basically the same weight?

It would be easier to continue if I saw positive results, like you do. Hard work and dedication doesn't work for all of us, I am here to tell you. I don't have anything more to give, to get better results.

I don't have progress to report or any advice for anyone that would be useful. Don't do what I do, since I can't really say it's been a good investment from a lot of angles. Maybe it's time to try something else besides careful diet and working out six days a week, with yard work and other exercise on the day I do not go to the gym?

I wish I knew what to do. Besides just not care, I mean. I will never not care.

Linda - you are not fat! I've seen pictures of you and you look perfectly fine and healthy. I'm sure you have areas that you'd like to see improvement on, I know I sure do. But I also think that you're hard work for the past 2 years with little results is because you were taking such good care of yourself before you started that. I am willing to bet that you have much more muscle and strength in your body than you did before you started working out with your trainer. I know it's frustrating to work so hard and not see amazing results, but I'd chalk it up to you just being healthy.

I do know about the poor self image issue, but you are a beautiful woman inside and out so I say just do what you've been doing if it keeps you happy instead of trying to see results. Of course like you've been talking about with Jack, it's easy for someone to say things but actually doing it and believing it can only come from you. (((hugs)))

Well, I didn't lose any weight last week, but I also didn't gain any. With Thanksgiving and its obligatory pie*, I'd say that counts as a win.

*Obligatory pie-- The extra piece of pie cut itself and jumped onto my plate, I swear! And then it said if I didn't nom it, it would jump onto the carpet, whipped cream side down! :P

:lol: too funny but so true. Glad you didn't gain anything new.

I am so out of shape, my daughter was playing wii fit and was cheating on a running game. I said I wanted to actually do it, I didn't do much but could tell I need to get back to doing something, I miss the gym. Might have to make due with some wii fit sessions daily, guess it's better than nothing.

The Wii Fit is pretty good. The hula hoop game and the rhythm boxing are decent for cardio, and the yoga stretches are nice. The strength training is not so great, I've found. For strength it might be better to get a couple of small dumbbells and do a basic routine like this one: Building Muscle and Bone—At Home, On Your Own. When I'm really focused I can do that in about 15 minutes, but I leave out the step ups, because that's so similar to running on the elliptical.

Another option for working out at home-- if your cable/satellite has On Demand, it should have a section of Free On Demand shows, which contain a channel called Exercise TV with a whole bunch of workouts to choose from. The catch is that the descriptions don't really say how advanced each workout is or if it needs any special equipment, so you might have to try a few before you find a good one. I accidentally picked one this morning that was way more advanced than I was ready for. Yow! I could only do about half of it before my legs felt too wobbly to do any more. :blush: They seem to have all levels of workout, though, if you can find the right one!

Edited by Jenny

The Wii Fit is pretty good. The hula hoop game and the rhythm boxing are decent for cardio, and the yoga stretches are nice. The strength training is not so great, I've found. For strength it might be better to get a couple of small dumbbells and do a basic routine like this one: Building Muscle and Bone—At Home, On Your Own. When I'm really focused I can do that in about 15 minutes, but I leave out the step ups, because that's so similar to running on the elliptical.

Another option for working out at home-- if your cable/satellite has On Demand, it should have a section of Free On Demand shows, which contain a channel called Exercise TV with a whole bunch of workouts to choose from. The catch is that the descriptions don't really say how advanced each workout is or if it needs any special equipment, so you might have to try a few before you find a good one. I accidentally picked one this morning that was way more advanced than I was ready for. Yow! I could only do about half of it before my legs felt too wobbly to do any more. :blush: They seem to have all levels of workout, though, if you can find the right one!

Great find Jenny! I've got a pretty good physique since I played intramural sports 24/7 in college, but my cardio is le dead, so this can only help!

edit: just looked for it on Charter, but they don't seem to have it :( Darn!

Edited by Konnan511

Very nice cardio session today, 560 calories burned on the stationary bike.

Good job, HT!! I piled up 700 calories last night on the inclined treadmill (+25) and am working out with trainer tonight. One of these days, I am going to actually see results. I just know it!

Good job, HT!! I piled up 700 calories last night on the inclined treadmill (+25) and am working out with trainer tonight. One of these days, I am going to actually see results. I just know it!

It takes a while, but stick with it and the results will come. Sometimes it can take weeks, other people's bodies respond quicker.

Don't forget, it's hard to see results ourself because you see your self all the time! I bet people around you are noticing and cat-calling you in their head :P

Good stuff!

Bout ready to head onto the treadmill. What does everyone listen to during cardio sessions? Right now, my iPod is set on a Paul McCartney Live from New York concert.

Awesome selection of music... I approve!! I am without tunes right now, my old mp3 player bit the dust. I am holding out for my new phone (4G EVO) in a couple of months when my upgrade is available.

I worked out with my trainer tonight, did a lot of cardio and running and endurance stuff. I can't lift anything with my right hand, since I busted my elbow last Friday, so I am limited in what I can do. It's distressing. Oh, well. Treadmill and elliptical, with no hand rails, on alternate days. We will think of something to keep me going, while this heals a bit.

hey! i'm gonna officially "join" the LGW fit club! in the past 2 months i've lost 12 lbs, and have 48 more to go! My Fitness Pal has been incredibly useful for keeping track of calories, and I'm doing the Couch to 5k plan as well as 30 minutes on the stationary bike every evening, and alternating cardio, pilates, and yoga every morning. My fiance has been working to get in better shape too, and has lost about 9 lbs so far. I'm getting married on 4/28/2012, and am determined not to be a fat bride!

you guys are all really inspiring! i'm really excited to be a part of this!

What does everyone listen to during cardio sessions?

I've actually got my elliptical in front of the TV, so I'll run while watching hockey if there's a game on or various things from History Channel or National Geographic Channel off the TiVo. I usually run for 45 minutes at a time, so either one period of hockey or a one-hour show with the commercials fast forwarded is just right.

I have put on about 10-12lbs of muscle in the past 3 months, everyone says they can see a difference so im going to keep it up at the gym.

Edited by cjm502