• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Decided to work out during games I'd do 25 pushups and 25 crunches every whistle. I did 975 pushups and 975 crunches during todays game.

skeptical-hippo-1.jpg

My trainer did a really good job, thinking up things I am able to do with my busted-up elbow, until it heals. We're doing lots of balance work, and legs, quads, glutes, abs. Upper body work is done with resistance bands rather than free weights. I can't pick up more than 10 pounds with my right hand right now, and have little grip strength.

But, it's already a lot better one week in. So maybe I won't be out of commission on my weight training for too long. :)

Last night at a family Christmas party we did a gift swap and my uncle drew my name. He has been body building for a long time and hooked me up with all kinds of after workout protein stuff, pre workout stuff, meal replacement powders, it goes on and on. I dont even know what to do with half this stuff :scared: I guess I will see how much of a boost I get after I take my pre workout stuff today, he said that stuff really gets him going.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Last night at a family Christmas party we did a gift swap and my uncle drew my name. He has been body building for a long time and hooked me up with all kinds of after workout protein stuff, pre workout stuff, meal replacement powders, it goes on and on. I dont even know what to do with half this stuff :scared: I guess I will see how much of a boost I get after I take my pre workout stuff today, he said that stuff really gets him going.

He should have just given you steroids. Much easier, and better results.

He should have just given you steroids. Much easier, and better results.

Nothing some good ol roids cant help with. :P

Also, has anyone here ever used Jack3d? I read tons of reviews and everyone says the stuff it crazy. Its not that expensive for how many servings you get either.

Edited by cjm502

Burned 551 calories and 547 calories in two half hour cardio segments yesterday evening and early this morning. 551 in that span is a new personal best for me. Pretty much done with big Christmas parties or food gifts to the office I think so I'm all but back to my normal eating habits. :thumbup:

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Why? You do it in 20s, it's simple.

Assuming you sleep for 8 hours a day, it works out to be:

62.5 push ups/hour

62.5 sit ups/hour

So every 20 minutes, throughout the whole day, you do 20 push ups and 20 sit ups? IF you do in fact do this (which I HIGHLY doubt), wow, talk about over working your abs/chest.

You also claimed to do 975 push ups, and 975 sit ups during ONE hockey game. A game is roughly 2 - 2.5 hours? I'm not even gonna bother with the calculations for this one.

Pls go.

62.5 push ups/hour

62.5 sit ups/hour

So every 20 minutes, throughout the whole day, you do 20 push ups and 20 sit ups? IF you do in fact do this (which I HIGHLY doubt), wow, talk about over working your abs/chest.

You also claimed to do 975 push ups, and 975 sit ups during ONE hockey game. A game is roughly 2 - 2.5 hours? I'm not even gonna bother with the calculations for this one.

Pls go.

I don't normally have too much to contribute to this thread, but I do read it to try to inspire me to get back to working out a little. You're negativity really doesn't add much to the conversation. Do you have any success stories to share?

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I don't normally have too much to contribute to this thread, but I do read it to try to inspire me to get back to working out a little. You're negativity really doesn't add much to the conversation. Do you have any success stories to share?

I'm just calling someone out on their lie.

I eat healthy and work out regularly, I guess you can call that a "success story"?

62.5 push ups/hour

62.5 sit ups/hour

Pls go.

I <3 skeptical inquiry.

Totally fell off the workout wagon the last couple of weeks or so, between not feeling well and Christmas with all its attendant busy-ness. Time to climb back on!

I hear you. Too much sitting and drinking and eating with people who do not exercise. I hit the gym tonight, and plan to every day going forward. My trainer was reassuring and said if you never have any fun, what's the point? I will get back on track now. So will you, Jenny.

I am going to try giving up wheat/bread for a while, and see what happens. It doesn't seem to agree with my metabolism. :unsure:

I'm back on the wagon too. Clothes were beginning to get a little tight (but thankfully, still fitting).

At the absolute valley of my weight loss, back in 2008, I was down to about 154, which actually left me looking a little gaunt in the face, so I tried to (healthily) put a few pounds back on. Balanced out at around 170-175.

Fast-forward to this December...when I decided to get back on the wagon (started this past Sunday), I tipped the scales at 202. Blech. Didn't want to see myself over 200 again, so I wasn't pleased at all.

Been limiting my calories back to about 1500/day, trying to work out as much as I can (Sunday at the gym, Monday with the snowblower, Tuesday off, back at the gym today). The scales fell back to 199 during today's visit, so even if it's an illusion (I know, I know, fluctuations, time of the day, etc.) it's still encouraging. :P

Yay, Edi! I refuse to weigh myself again until the end of this week. I threw out all the bad stuff at home - sugar, sweets, carbo-laden goodies. I have my tiny salad with me at work. Never stopped going to the gym, however I can handily sabotage myself with carbs and sweets. No more! :thumbdown:

Keep up the good work, everyone!