• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I just read a bunch of P90X reviews and it sounded pretty awesome. I am trying to put on muscle mass and get more 'cut up'. Do you guys think I could still gain weight while on P90X, I am seriously considering buying it or borrowing it from somebody.

I agree with L3T5G0W1NG5 comments, however, I've kind of modified P90X, doing away with Yoga, and doing more of the exercises involving the weights. If you follow the Tony Horton plan, you would only do workouts like Shoulders and Arms and Chest and Back once every 7 days. I do those workouts once every 4.5 days.

I do his Plyometrics and Kenpo workouts because I play Baseball and Flag Football so I want to, as L3T5G0W1NG5 said, be a good all around athlete. I'm not in it for body building.

I have been doing p90x / Insanity for a year now. Its amazing what it does to your body. Yesterday I blasted through Chest and Back and hurt soo good today.

Nice! How many pullups do you do in a set? I try for 12 consistently, but by the second time around when Close Grip overhand pull ups come up, I crap out at 8. That workout is a killer!

I did the Shoulders and Arms this morning, love it! My favorite is the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. In a week, I switch to that one along with Back and Biceps

Good late night cardio session tonight. Legs/abs tomorrow. (or today, technically).

You are such a hard worker, HT! Good on ya for being so devoted.

I had a good work out with my trainer after work. We were both in bad moods before starting, and laughing (well, me wiping sweat and laughing) when the hour was up. It's good for the soul and well as the cellulite!!

My messed up elbow is much better, I am back to doing a lot of upper body stuff I couldn't a few weeks ago. Yay!

You are such a hard worker, HT! Good on ya for being so devoted.

I had a good work out with my trainer after work. We were both in bad moods before starting, and laughing (well, me wiping sweat and laughing) when the hour was up. It's good for the soul and well as the cellulite!!

My messed up elbow is much better, I am back to doing a lot of upper body stuff I couldn't a few weeks ago. Yay!

What are those upper body workouts looking like?

What are those upper body workouts looking like?

Pretty simple stuff, because of the sore elbow. Chest presses, pullovers (with a dumb bell), cable machines like seated row, pulldowns with a bar. I have better luck with anything where I don't have to fully straighten my arm - since I still can't do that. I am back to where I was with weights and a bit more, since I maimed the elbow in mid-December.

Push ups and bench presses are out still, because I can't bear much weight and straighten the joint all the way. Maybe in a few more weeks? I dunno.

Im loving my new gym, I worked my entire upper body harder than I ever have yesterday. Today I did the P90X stretches and even though im a pretty flexible guy I hurt my lower back so I was limited from doing a lot of exercises since today was my leg day. I stuck with mostly cardio today, im thinking about an off day tomorrow and Friday another hard upper body day.

Pretty simple stuff, because of the sore elbow. Chest presses, pullovers (with a dumb bell), cable machines like seated row, pulldowns with a bar. I have better luck with anything where I don't have to fully straighten my arm - since I still can't do that. I am back to where I was with weights and a bit more, since I maimed the elbow in mid-December.

Push ups and bench presses are out still, because I can't bear much weight and straighten the joint all the way. Maybe in a few more weeks? I dunno.

Good stuff, keep it up!

Here's a typical ab workout for me, which usually falls on leg days.

Abdominal machine crunches - 4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6 reps)

Oblique twists - 4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6)

Crunches w/ exercise ball - 4 sets, 25 crunches each

Every time I have gone to the gym lately there has been guys watching me do my routine and trying to copy it and do my exercises. Watching them fail completely makes me feel pretty good about my physical condition :lol:

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Every time I have gone to the gym lately there has been guys watching me do my routine and trying to copy it and do my exercises. Watching them fail completely makes me feel pretty good about my physical condition :lol:

I just blew out my shoulder pretty badly doing dips.

That's a bummer. Was it serious?

At the time it felt a lot worse than I think it is. I have done it to the same shoulder before, im guessing it will be a little sore for around 2ish weeks, no biggie.

I have been doing a lot of cardio legs and core, but my shoulder is still down and out.

That's good. Don't let the injury slow you down, just keep working on what you're able to do so you don't lose a step.

Nice cardio session today on the elyptical. 45 minutes, 500 calories burned in interval training. Shoulders/bi's tomorrow.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i just did 5 jumping jacks. maybe tomorrow ill do 10 :sly:

no but really i go to the gym 3-4 times a week. it really helps when its practically across the street from me :lol:

i just did 5 jumping jacks. maybe tomorrow ill do 10 :sly:

no but really i go to the gym 3-4 times a week. it really helps when its practically across the street from me :lol:

Yeah mine is about a half mile away, when its nice outside I jog there, work out, and jog back home after. It is a lot easier to get up and go work out when the gym is close.

Just started trying to get myself back in shape. Starting with cardio, doing 30 min on the exercise bike then 10 min on the elliptical. Going every day mon-fri after work with a couple of other teachers in my building. I began last Wed.with the lowest tension on he bike and did 12.64 miles. Thurs was level 2, 13.21 miles, and Fri level 3, 13.49 miles. I'll be doing more on the elliptical than just 10 minutes but right now my cardio fitness is very poor and I need to work into it and not spike the heartrate over 160. Once the weather breaks I'll actually hop on the mountain bike and hit the local rail trail.

I actually had to have a stress test in the fall and the doc said that my heart is actually in great condition except that I'm just really out of shape so my heart rate spikes to a high number very quickly and stays there. I'm figuring a couple more weeks and that will be mh better. I'm also hoping to get back down to 195 and finally get rid of the weight I put on from two regimens of prednisone last spring.

I had to get my wisdom teeth out last Friday so today was my first day back after not doing any physical activity and being all drugged up.I felt a little wimpy, but put in my best effort anyways. Im not a big sweater but I was sweating a bit today. I have been taking noxipro which kicks pretty hard, and I started my creatine cycle today. In about 3 weeks im going to see if I can break all my max lifts which im feeling pretty confident I will. Right now I am on schedule to have increased my bench over 100lbs in a year :hehe: