• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

Anybody willing to give me a touch of a kick? Stuck for motivation to work off the 20 that the month on Paxil and overall feeling like crap saddled me with, and need the smack.

Still keeping it going, up to 30 min on the bike, level 6 tension and 30 minutes on the elliptical level 4, burning over 500 calories a session daily mon-fri after I finish teaching for the day.

I'm usually a pretty avid exerciser when it comes to cardio. I've been having knee issues lately but was able to crank up some exercise lately.

Did an hour straight of elliptical work Friday evening, burning 1100 calories flat. And I went on my first lengthy run yesterday since my recent knee issues (pretty much just arthritis/joint effusion that requires more rest than usual) and run 10+ miles and the knee feels good. :)

And overall, I am content with my weight range, which is typically between 140-145.

I'm usually a pretty avid exerciser when it comes to cardio. I've been having knee issues lately but was able to crank up some exercise lately.

Did an hour straight of elliptical work Friday evening, burning 1100 calories flat. And I went on my first lengthy run yesterday since my recent knee issues (pretty much just arthritis/joint effusion that requires more rest than usual) and run 10+ miles and the knee feels good. :)

And overall, I am content with my weight range, which is typically between 140-145.

That's a great workout. I typically go 45 minutes and burn around 600 in interval training. I've been doing the elliptical more and more lately as my shin splints are preventing me from treadmill cardio more than once or twice every two weeks or so. <_<

Up to 45 min on level 4 of the elliptical and 30 min on level 6 on the bike, broke the 700 calorie mark today. I hope the hotel I'm staying in for All-Eastern chorus has an exercise room since I'm there Thurs-Sun. 1100 in one workout? I'm impressed. I just started my regimen March 10, and it's the first time I've had a cardio routine ever. I WAS feeling pumped about breaking 700 until I read your post. Next week I'm planning to bump the elliptical to level 5 and the bike to level 7. I've dropped 6.5 lbs so far from 220, I'm hoping to get to 195 or maybe 185.

Tore my left shoulder up again exactly like I did about 1 1/2 months ago, I just cant catch a break. Hopefully it feels better in 2ish weeks again. Good news is that I tore through my 1 1/2 hour legs routine in 45 mins today. I walked in to the gym half possessed and went from exercise to exercise with literally no breaks during or in between them, im not really sure what motivated me to do that today.

Looks like the fit club has been a little dead lately. Im running up to the gym to work my chest after the Wings game.

Edit: Some old dude was camping half the machines and had half of the dumbbells spread throughout the gym in various areas. He was running around doing one set on pretty much everything during his inefficient full body workout. The worst thing is he was a total ****** too when I went to dumbbell press on one of the 3 benches he was set up at. He sabotaged my workout and I left early. I just dont get some people.

Edited by cjm502

I've started a fairly calorie restricted diet today (1200 per day for the first week or possibly two weeks, then bumping up to 1500). I got a little notebook to use as a food journal and I wrote down everything I ate during the day, and wound up with approximately 250 calories left to use for dinner.

Apparently I'm doing something wrong here. laugh.gif Need to tweak something somewhere!

Played street hockey with Chirs Drurys nephews got around 2 1/2 hours today after I worked my chest and tris at the gym. I got plenty of exercise today :cool:

Youch. Hope it heals up soon!

I found that 1200 calories a day is just plain not enough. I was getting food-obsessive because I was hungry almost constantly, plus I only had enough energy to go to work, come home, and sleep. 1500 is a lot better. You wouldn't think that a measly 300 calories would make such a big difference, but it really does.

Youch. Hope it heals up soon!

I found that 1200 calories a day is just plain not enough. I was getting food-obsessive because I was hungry almost constantly, plus I only had enough energy to go to work, come home, and sleep. 1500 is a lot better. You wouldn't think that a measly 300 calories would make such a big difference, but it really does.

I do not think many people understand how much energy 100 calories can provide. Everyones body burns quite a bit doing everyday tasks without exercise. If you are burning 1600 calories a day and only eating 1200 calories upping your intake by 300 is going to make a huge difference. Eating to little is very catabolic and can kill your metabolism, plus you will feel like garbage. Everybody that counts calories needs to find their sweet spot where they dont feel like crap and still have energy, but are not eating so many that weight loss will be haulted, and I do not think many people do that.

I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for a couple of months, so I went looking for a way to boost my metabolism enough to get off the plateau.

I found a very intense weight training regimen, courtesy of Chris Chelios:

http://sportsillustr...os.workout0917/

Obviously, I'm using much lower weights. laugh.gif

I had to adapt it somewhat. I don't have a weight bench or a barbell, so I used dumbbells instead. I couldn't do that sort of lunge without feeling like I was going to fall over, so I substituted regular lunges. I also couldn't manage to do the whole hour of the repeating circuit without rest, but hey, I'm a beginner, and I kept the rest period to just enough time to wipe off some sweat and get a drink of water. I also added an ab move at the end of each circuit. I got through the whole cycle 6 times in an hour.

Now one day later, I'm really sore. But it's the good kind of sore, not the actually-hurt-something kind of sore! Looking forward to trying again tomorrow. If this doesn't boost my metabolism, I think we can safely declare that I am actually dead.

Burned 835 calories last night in 45 minutes of cardio, ran 8 miles early this morning. Feeling good, always gotta stay hungry. :)

Geez, you make me feel like a lightweight. 450 in 35 minutes this morning. :lol:

I was really busy and couldnt workout for the last 2 weeks but this week I got back in to my normal routine and I feel great and didnt lose much strength at all. My joints (mostly hips and knees) feel a lot better so maybe a break was needed. I also added fish oils in to my diet last week and all the acne on my chest and back has cleared up.