• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I tried doing p90x with my girl today since she wants to get in to exercising, but we were more focused on laughing at each other looking stupid than actually working out. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I've never tried it, but I hear it will kick your ass.

Continuing to improve in elyptical workouts.

Excellent. :thumbup:

Training for a marathon in roughly five months.

Ran nearly 11 miles Saturday, ran 6 on Monday faster than usual, had 2 extremely hard days of cardio in a row early in the morning, one burning 785 calories in 40 minutes, roughly 19.6 calories burned per minute.

Excellent. :thumbup:

Training for a marathon in roughly five months.

Ran nearly 11 miles Saturday, ran 6 on Monday faster than usual, had 2 extremely hard days of cardio in a row early in the morning, one burning 785 calories in 40 minutes, roughly 19.6 calories burned per minute.

Awesome.

I'm trying...need to get back to doing something since I've gained about 15lbs from the stress of the past few months. Got some zumba dvds and my goal is to do something every morning during the week and take weekends off. Done pretty well last week and this week.

Meh. I still go to the gym 6x a week (occasionally 7), can't lose weight, work my ass off. I am not discouraged enough to quit, since I don't have to imagine how much worse it could be, if I didn't do this. I don't post here because I don't think anyone who does gets where I am coming from with my struggles with fat and food and lack of results no matter what I do.

I got no brag points. Good luck to everyone!

Meh. I still go to the gym 6x a week (occasionally 7), can't lose weight, work my ass off. I am not discouraged enough to quit, since I don't have to imagine how much worse it could be, if I didn't do this. I don't post here because I don't think anyone who does gets where I am coming from with my struggles with fat and food and lack of results no matter what I do.

I got no brag points. Good luck to everyone!

What's your average daily diet looking like?

What's your average daily diet looking like?

Here's exactly what it looks like: Gluten free (grain-free, actually), no sugar, low sodium, no added fats

Breakfast: eggs or strawberry-banana-spinach smoothie w/ flax seed oil

Snack: handful of almonds, or an apple

Lunch: green salad (no dressing, but I don't like it anyway), plus a lean protein, usually grilled fish or tuna

Snack: Greek yogurt, unsweetened, plus a fruit, like a handful of blueberries (my fav)or other berries

Dinner: Lean meat protein (chicken, turkey, fish) plus two servings of veggies, like broccoli, squash, or yams.

Portions are strictly limited. I eat no junk food at all. I have only been doing this for 10 days, but I have not lost a pound, despite killer workouts with trainer 3x week, cardio 2-3 times alternate days.

Freak = me. I defy any of you to do what I am doing and not lose weight. I miss my chips and hummas. :(

Do not get old. I am warning you. :ph34r:

First time posting in this thread.

I'd like to lose a little weight. I used to be a twig, then started working in fast food, and gained about 15 pounds in a year. Put on a few more since August, and I'd like to lose ~10 pounds. I rarely eat fast food anymore. Is it possible I can drop 10 pounds in a week, and if so, could someone outline simple steps for me to make it happen?

I lost seven pounds in a week once. What I did was I increased my water intake from practically nothing to 6-8 glasses a day. Then for the week a typical diet plan was the following:

Breakfast: Egg whites w/salso or hot sauce and fruits.

Morning Snack: The same as breakfast.

Lunch: 2 oz. protein, 1/2 cup of carbs and one cup of veggies. I usually ate rice, fish and a salad. Although if you're a guy you would probably need 4 oz of protein.

Afternoon snack: Egg whites and 1/2 cup rice

Supper: Same as lunch although I'd probably change my protein to chicken or eat a shrimp gumbo.

I didn this once for 6 weeks and lost between 25-30 pounds, my problem was I couldn't keep up cooking healthy meals with my work and school schedule at the time and ended up eating meals with my parents cause it was fast and easier and then the pasta and bread started making it's way back into my diet.

I actually need to restart this but my goal is to start with drinking water again.

You're what? 18? Remember this conversation a few decades from now. My metabolism quit when I was 28. Rock on with the water, that's good for a lot of things!!

Stress is a tough item to deal with, in terms of weight gain. Both are hard to eliminate, I've found. :lol:

I'm in my 20's but I've always had a weight problem. I remember being in grade 3 and 98 lbs. Those pounds that I had lost came back over a period of two Christmases. Then in 2010 I did the same thing I managed to lose 25 pounds again, by Christmas kept it all off, decided oh I'll start exercising in January and the weight will come off even faster, instead I started gaining weight, and have since put back on 13 lbs. So it's still a work in progress to meet my goal.

So. Since January of this year, I have lost 30+ pounds. Yes, I needed to. :lol: I still work out 5-6 days a week, plus cardio and doing all the yard work and everything else on a house I own. Here is the dilemma:

People are now saying "You're too skinny" and "Are you sick?" to me. No, I am not too skinny, and I am far from sick. Just the opposite, I've never felt better in my life. I am very strong and can kick most peoples' butts in a work out. The question I have it this: is it just a perception in this country that if you're not morbidly obese, you're "fine" and don't need to be lean and fit? Are they jealous? Am I crazy? I thought I would get some support from those around me, but oddly, it's been the opposite here.

One person said, "You're obsessed with working out and your diet." I think in this case, obsessed might actually mean dedicated and not lazy. I am that, I admit. As for my "diet" - a diet is simply the range of food one chooses to eat. So, yeah, I guess I am on a diet. I eat very clean and lean, and I love it. My close, good friends understand my program and are very supportive and proud of me, by the way.

Not that I don't fall off the wagon on occasion. Ask my friends about the visit to Detroit in March. Pizza Papalous, Big Boy, Hockeytown cafe cheeseburger and loaded fries!! yeah baby!! :yowza: Raspberry lemon drop martinis all around, folks!!

I came home, and proceeded to lose the 4 pounds I gained in Michigan. :lol:

I wear a size 4 now, and need new gym clothes, since my old shorts tend to fall off. I wear compression shorts under them, don't worry. :P

I'll be going a bit all over the place here, so bare with me.

You lost all that weight, definitely deserve fair share of credit. It's just who you want to be, that should be good enough. The heck with what others think.

As for myself, firstly with looks etc. Sure how you look is important both in the personal/relationship and business world and to extend your life. Is it something to constantly lose sleep over or an ultimate deal breaker? No. But, if it is 100% under your control to where you can improve yourself physically, either in the work world or health or relationships, why wouldn't you do give it some shot? How you look is important to a degree and counts for something. If that makes me shallow, well I'm sorry.

As for myself personally, I'd say about 6 1/2 - 7 years ago I began a process of losing about 35-40 pounds. I wasn't absurdly fat or having big health problems by any stretch, but I was overweight by pretty much every normal standard for my height/look (5'7"). I always liked working out and being active, I'm a pretty intense and focused in that regard for myself, I almost always get up for those things, but I never had discipline to eat. Just never really thought about diet one way or another.

Exercise and working out weren't ever going to go away with me at the time, were always going to be a part of my life. I just eventually decided to give it a try to lose weight and eat/drink better. And I told myself to be patient, I had all the time in the world. If I kept that mindset and kept working out, weight would eventually go away. And it did. I didn't overly obsess with losing so much weight for in a given amount of time, I didn't have a formal weight plan, just went with the simple goals of exercise just about every day and eat better, and enjoy doing both.

I lost roughly 35-40 pounds in probably just a 4 month time span. Sure, looking good around others in work and social settings and getting compliments made me feel good, but in the end it was for me myself and I. I wanted to look healthy, I wanted to feel good physically and mentally for myself. No direct pressure whatsoever from my family, co-workers, anybody telling me I needed or should change. I wasn't directly trying to impress a girl or family members or any other angles. Just wanted to do it for me.

And today I still keep up the intesity and enjoyment of exercise nearly every day, and while I could diet better at times I enjoy knowing I can pretty much eat whatever I want and still look and feel healthy.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

So. Since January of this year, I have lost 30+ pounds. Yes, I needed to. :lol: I still work out 5-6 days a week, plus cardio and doing all the yard work and everything else on a house I own. Here is the dilemma:

People are now saying "You're too skinny" and "Are you sick?" to me. No, I am not too skinny, and I am far from sick. Just the opposite, I've never felt better in my life. I am very strong and can kick most peoples' butts in a work out. The question I have it this: is it just a perception in this country that if you're not morbidly obese, you're "fine" and don't need to be lean and fit? Are they jealous? Am I crazy? I thought I would get some support from those around me, but oddly, it's been the opposite here.

One person said, "You're obsessed with working out and your diet." I think in this case, obsessed might actually mean dedicated and not lazy. I am that, I admit. As for my "diet" - a diet is simply the range of food one chooses to eat. So, yeah, I guess I am on a diet. I eat very clean and lean, and I love it. My close, good friends understand my program and are very supportive and proud of me, by the way.

Not that I don't fall off the wagon on occasion. Ask my friends about the visit to Detroit in March. Pizza Papalous, Big Boy, Hockeytown cafe cheeseburger and loaded fries!! yeah baby!! :yowza: Raspberry lemon drop martinis all around, folks!!

I came home, and proceeded to lose the 4 pounds I gained in Michigan. :lol:

I wear a size 4 now, and need new gym clothes, since my old shorts tend to fall off. I wear compression shorts under them, don't worry. :P

:clap::thumbup:

I need to get on the bandwagon...not happy with the number on the scale and I know I have been slacking. Baby steps, need to get on that bike and make it a regular thing.

Linda, you are doing a great job! I do think though that you don't need to lose any more weight, just work on maintaining now. :)

Nope, still working out here, headed for the gym right now. Here is me and my Gym One (Austin) peeps at the annual Austin FitTest in June 2013. We did pretty good for our first year as a team. I placed second in my division - old! It was a lot of fun even though I wasn't great at at a lot of the events.

20130615_150023_zpsb06966c4.jpg

Josh, Angela, Andrea, me, Jason (my PT), Wil and Faith... we just finished the mile run as a team. Go, Gym One!

Just keep at it whatever you do and you'll eventually see results.

I run probably 4-5 times a week, I now run a couple times a month, and I do CrossFit sessions nearly every day. Granted I'll admit I likely put in more time exercising and working out than most - not intending to make it sound like bragging even though it make look that way - it's just one of my favorite things to do outside of my job and I try to make time for it nearly every day. Everybody's situation is obviously different but hopefully you can make time for it as well.

I'll be running in two marathons next year. There are also a variety of competitions that are more CrossFit related - I did one in the summer locally/regionally here - nothing planned in that regard but people I work out with could tie me into those if I'm needed (i.e. team competitions).

I often wear myself out with so much work and am too stubborn for my own good sometimes not resting as much as I should, but I enjoy it, it's worth it to me.

As for my figure, I'm about 5'7" and 140 lbs.