• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

Okay, after divulging my secrets in the fast food thread, I think it's time to do something serious about my weight, exercising and eating habits. I'm getting married in 3 months and I don't want to be this fat, bloated version of myself when that day comes.

Starting soon (tonight hopefully) I'll post some pics, my starting weight, and my target weight. Then once a week, probably sunday nights, i'll post an update.

Anyone else who wants to join in and do something good for your body, please feel free to join in. Anyone who doesn't want to join in, please stop by often and give some encouragement. I don't care if i'm the only one doing it, but I need some help from everyone here to keep me going!

So who's with me??

Hopefully losing again in the playoffs won't cause you to eat more...

I kid :P

I want to lose 10-15 pounds...not that I'm in all the bad of shape right now. I'm just packing a little extra girth around the midsection. I live on a lake and when I'm going 'topless', I'd just assume be in decent shape if I'm out on the lake or just getting some sun. I'm around 200 right now on a 6 foot frame...I'd prefer to be back in the 180-190 range.

Edited by Shoalzie

Yeah, i want to get back to 180-190. I'm around 220-225 right now. 6'-1"

I was wearing size 34 pants two years ago. now i'm buying 38 with the stretchy waistbands and I still don't button them most of the time. plus i'm always too tired to go out and do stuff like hockey and disc golf.

Having to buy the next size pants is the thing I hope I never have to resort to. I've been in the 34-36 range pretty much since high school. I got as big as 230 after I dropped out at GVSU and quit a job and sat at home and did nothing for about 5 or 6 months. I got my crap together and went back to school and got a job loading trucks for FedEx overnight and I slimmed down to around 185. I've since left that and I've been at my office job for almost 2 years now...I've pretty much stayed in the 200-210 range. It's really easy to gain weight doing a job where you're sitting on your ass for 8 hours a day.

I'm rooting you on...luckily you've got a woman in your life. It's a little more pressure for a single guy to stay in shape.

I would be down for an LGW Losers Club or something. I weigh entirely too much. I'm not a big guy, only 5'7", but right now I weigh in the 195 neighborhood :crazy: which is about fifty more pounds than I weighed in high school. I probably should be around 155-160.

Sign me up as well, I need to get in shape. I'm only 5'8" but right now I weigh about 185. Back in college I only weighed about 150, thanks to walking everywhere and playing on the lacrosse team and intramural hockey. But, during law school all I did was either sit on my ass at the library or the bar, so I put on quite a few pounds. At one point I hit 195 but I've been going to the gym 6 days a week and eating better so I've been losing weight. I'd still like to get back down to 150-160.

This sounds interesting. I'm around 245 on a 6'3" frame now. Ever since I got married it went into the tank. :lol: (Seriously, though, with two kids under two, working full time and working from home -- it's been tough. I'll be the first to admit my diet needs to be better and I've got to squeeze in some exercise.)

The way my body's built 215 or so is a good weight.

I'll jump on board as well...I already lost a ton of weight, but could stand to lose a couple more pounds...

I'm not sure what my current weight is, I'll pull the scale out when I get home from work tonight. I know that I'm down quite a bit....I was at around 200 not long ago, but I am going to guess that I'm back to around 210 or so...I'm 6'4" though, 210 isn't really all that bad...

I seem to have the opposite problem..

I can never seem to GAIN weight--I've lost ten pounds since high school.

That used to be me. I couldn't keep it on for anything. I would eat whatever, whenever, as much garbage as I could put in my body and i'd never gain a single pound. Then all of a sudden I went from 170 to 180, and I though, hey thats cool a little bigger for pick up hockey. and I stayed there for a while, then two years ago I jumped from 180 to 190 and I thought it was just natural filing out as I hit my mid twenties. But it just didn't stop, 200 pounds and I had a little pooch belly, 205 and I had some concern, but really thought that it would balance out and go back down (because i'm stupid). and then a year ago it just shot up to 220 and I got really worried, a big gut, couldn't button my pants anymore, even the new ones I bought. But it kind of steadied there for a while, I just lacked the motivation to do anything about it. And that brings us to now, a couple days ago I got on the scale and read 225. And i'm not going to keep doing that anymore, I look totally different than I did just a couple years ago, my family and friends make fun of me for being fat now when for the longest time they always made fun of me for being so skinny.

It's really not a good feeling to hear your mother tell you how fat you are every time you visit.

i could lose a few pounds, but i got sick and lost 9 pounds in a week. still need to lose more tho. if it wasnt snowing and my blades werent at nathans in sarnia i would go blading. lol.

I think the trick is to just get active, like in a way you cant get out of. I was in pretty bad shape, I have always been overweight as a kid. Once I got to High school, I joined the lacrosse team, and took weight training as a class in school. Now, since this was a class, I couldnt really just not go or whatever so I pushed myself through it. Not only did I lose weight, but gained muscle. Plus the class had a schedule it went by, mixed with lifting weights and running.

The hardest part is to get started. I would say losing weight is no doubt about eating healthier, but also getting exercise. Running is a great way to get in shape as well. When running, dont worry about distance, worry about time. I mean, if you can run 2 miles in 13 minutes, great, but thats only a 13 minute workout, why not run for 30 minutes? Now, personally I am still a work in progress scenario, but I like where I am headed.

*drinking water can really make you feel great*

Oh, and everythign is always easier when you have a "workout partner" or someone working with you, like a group of buddies. However, for me personally, I like to run alone, as I do not like to talk while running :)

Edited by Lidstromrules16

Oh, and everythign is always easier when you have a "workout partner" or someone working with you, like a group of buddies.

that's kind of what I was hoping to do with LGW Fit Club. see if we can get a group of people all doing it and posting updates and such, so that we can stay motivated. I figured it would be easier if we could see everyone else going through it, and knowing that you'd be letting down the fit club if you slack off. (cheesy I know, but whatever works)

It was a lot easier for me to work out when I was at school. I could go right at 4 or 5 o clock, which is my favorite work out time, the gym was free, and I could grab a smoothie afterwards (AMAZING SMOOTHIES, and they were healthy too cause they were actual fruit and they'd make me eat a lot less dinner.) Now in the Navy I'm on nothing resembling a set schedule and working out suffers. Oh, and I MUST have music. Running sucks and the only way to make it tolerable is to be listening to music.

Plus I loooooooooooooooooooove Taco Bell and Dr Pepper.

We should definitely make this a thing.

that's kind of what I was hoping to do with LGW Fit Club. see if we can get a group of people all doing it and posting updates and such, so that we can stay motivated. I figured it would be easier if we could see everyone else going through it, and knowing that you'd be letting down the fit club if you slack off. (cheesy I know, but whatever works)

definently, always easier with support.

I started my transformation back in December mainly due to the fact that my cholesterol was fairly high for a person my age. So by doctor's orders I've been maintaining a 30 minute a day workout every weekday since the middle of December. I've lost about 15 pounds. I can say that my eating habits aren't necessarily the best but I feel great. I started at 245ish and I'm pretty much holding around 230. At 6'-0", I was definitely not in great shape. My goal is to get down to about 205 so I have a ways to go. I've definitely gained muscle so the weight difference is a bit deceiving. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread and participate as well.

I'm not very tall, a 5'6"/5'7" male. A few summers ago I weighed around 180. Not a lot mind you, but a fair amount for my height. I just said the hell with it, I'm losing weight and I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to do it. I didn't do any formal diet plan or anything.

I went through some ridiculous intense cardio work over a span of about 3 1/2 months. That wasn't too hard though because I usually am an intense individual during workouts, I make myself work hard and such. I just pushed even that little bit harder during this time.

Along with eating more grilled food and sandwiches, and I ate very little fast food. Let's face it though, fried food is good, I wasn't going to completely give it up, so I wasn't going to kick myself in the rear for giving myself an infrequent reward.

For drinking, I gave up soft drinks for good (and still do) and started to drink red wine instead of beer. Again, I didn't completely give up beer, just an infrequent drink every now and then. Cutting out soft drinks alone helped a lot. Even though water is 'tasteless', it is so good for your health. All I drink now is water, coffee, milk, wine about 2-3 times a week, and a beer every now and then.

Performing those sacrafices, along with some intense cardio workout, in a span of about 3 1/2 months I went from 175-180 to roughly 140 pounds.

I now weigh around 150 with some added muscle. I'd like to get back to lower 140 eventually, but I'm not incredibly worried about it as I look fairly skinny as it is.

So, if a dumb goof like me can lose weight, especially in a city area where food is famous and eating is almost like sport, anybody can lose weight. I haven't "won" or accomplished a lot of things in life physically like winning a lot of sports trophies or such, but I take great pride in knowing that I had both the mental and physical discipline to accomplish something like this.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Southernwingsfan. I just noticed you were from Louisianna. My Aunt lived outside Metaire I beleive. The summer before Katrina hit, I went and visited my aunt. That place is crawling with good (but not good for you) foods. She moved to NC, where I live after Katrina. Glad to hear you could get the weight down. I personally strive for a solid 160 lbs. I am at 180 currently. I am 5'9-5'10 depending on the time of day ;).

Well here it is. Don't be scared :ph34r:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Starting Weight: 222

Current Weight: 222

Target Weight: 190

Target Date: 6/29/07 (day that I leave for my wedding 6/30!!)

I already started today, a bagel with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and water. Instead of going for fast food at lunch, I had Jason's Deli, Half of a roast beef sandwich, lettuce, tomato, no cheese, no mayo. On the side was 3 strawberries, 2 small chunks of pineapple and 6 slices of apple with tea to drink. Then at dinner was one homemade meatball sandwich with no cheese (usually I eat two with cheese).

I'm planning on getting on this stepping machine during the second intermission of the Preds game.

I'm in. I already now weigh less than I have since high school (about 10 years), but I'd still like to drop another 20-25 and add some muscle. I need to get in shape so I can get more involved in the control tower's athletic activities, and dammit, I need to find a girl.

Good for you Legionnaire. I totally understand where you're coming from, and let me give you a little piece of encouragement.

Up until my Spring semester of my Senior year of college, my matabolism hadn't slowed one bit. When it finally did that semester I went from 190 pounds to 215 pounds (FYI: I'm 6'1"), and felt horrible about myself. I wasn't huge, but I didn't look the way I had since I was young, and it really bothered me. Almost exactly 2 years ago, I was 3 months away from getting married myself, and decided that I was going to make the change. I started rarely touching beer during the weekdays (Friday-Sunday beer was fair game :D), eating better, and I ran a mile 4-5 out of 7 days each week. My goal was to get around the 190 mark on the day of my wedding. About 1 week before my big day hit, I weighed 188, and I've never gone above 200 since. Currently I weight 191.

My advice keep doing what your doing, and keep posting updates. The more you remind yourself, the better you'll look and feel come Wedding time.

Sidenote: One thing I did to help remind myself of the progress I was making was I took a picture (with my camera phone) of the scale when I weighed myself. Whenever I flipped open my phone, BAM there was my current weight, and it was a great motivator.

Best of luck Legionnaire, and keep up the hard work.