• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Too much running is VERY bad for your knees, and lifting heavy weights will make you way too bulky.

I like to just casually exercise a couple times a month.

Last week I watched a very good documentary. Everyone should check it out. It's call Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It's about going on a juice fast for 61 days. I haven't started the fasting but the guy who was on the film weighed in at 305 and lost up to 79 lbs in 61 days just by drinking juice. I started to try some of the stuff he had on the film and it's pretty good!

I saw that, it was horrifying. Juicing isn't for everyone, but if you're gonna die anyway, it's worth a try! I think, like you said, you can take ideas from the documentary and fit it into your own routine.

I am not at the point I need to have my stomach tied off. But with my frame and build I could stand to lose around 20 to 30 lbs. It's just since my Marine Corps days I can't spend as much time as I would like in the gym. I want go get healthier but my job and kids prevent that. I want to make the change and I have. So far I lost up to 5lbs this week and my energy level is very high. Still need to workout more but I have started by hitting the rink more.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I am not at the point I need to have my stomach tied off. But with my frame and build I could stand to lose around 20 to 30 lbs. It's just since my Marine Corps days I can't spend as much time as I would like in the gym. I want go get healthier but my job and kids prevent that. I want to make the change and I have. So far I lost up to 5lbs this week and my energy level is very high. Still need to workout more but I have started by hitting the rink more.

No excuses.

I know it can seem difficult, but I'd encourage you to read up on "Fit Mom" Maria Kang.

wlocmjq2qmsk02ly53cf.jpg

I just do the best I can. Work out 5-6 days a week.

I am still going to compete again in the http://afmfittest.com/ May 31st. So what if everyone laughs at me? I'll never see any of them again...I am competing with myself. Last year I had two other ladies in my age group. This year, I may be alone.

No. I don't look like Fit Mom. Never did and never will... Fit Mom is not a good representation of women I know, including myself... she's half my age, to begin with. Whatever. I don't let what other people think I SHOULD look like stop me from trying and working hard.

Never posted in here before, but decided to stop with the excuses and get healthier back in late April. Bought a Fitbit and have been committed day-in and day-out since. Down almost 30lbs so far and averaging over 5 miles per day. Upping that over the summer to 7-10mi/day as long as the legs can take it. (So far, so good!)

I had the "I work too much" and "too hard with the kids" excuses for the longest time. Changed that by getting up prior to dawn in the spring and getting in 5 miles before work. If the evening schedule works out, it's 4-5 more miles.

do you like the fitbit, Matt? I have been thinking about getting one. I am very active - today is my 7th anniversary with my trainer at the gym. It might be fun to see exactly how much I really do, running around like the hyperactive old lady that I am.

Congratulations on all your hard work, very proud of you! :yahoo: