• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I've already done my diet. A couple of years ago i weighed in at about 239 pounds. I now weigh in at 144 pounds which is not bad for my height (5'7") Damn i was fat. lol.

Wow....you sure you arent the victim of a gypsy curse like the guy from the movie Thinner?

I'm jumping on the boat for this one. I was one of the rare few who actually LOST weight in college and avoided the dreaded freshman 15. All I ever did was drink and work out - you never hear about that in diet books! :lol:

After undergrad, everything changed. Law school prevented any sort of work out (and screwed my diet/alcohol levels). I slowly climbed up from 110 to 125 - the final number doesn't sound like much, but on my 5'2 frame, it's on the higher end of what's healthy. I'm back down to 120 by running 30 minutes three times a week, altering my diet (already pretty good, but maintaining portion control, monitoring calories, plenty of protien/fiber and drinking water like a fish) and weight training. My goal is to be down to 115 by my cousin's wedding on May 5. If I can get back to 110 by summer, I'll be a happy girl!

edit: spelling, hurr.

Edited by zettermaberg

I'm jumping on the boat for this one. I was one of the rare few who actually LOST weight in college and avoided the dreaded freshman 15. All I ever did was drink and work out - you never hear about that in diet books! :lol:

After undergrad, everything changed. Law school prevented any sort of work out (and screwed my diet/alcohol levels). I slowly climbed up from 110 to 125 - the final number doesn't sound like much, but on my 5'2 frame, it's on the higher end of what's healthy. I'm back down to 120 by running 30 minutes three times a week, altering my diet (already pretty good, but maintaining portion control, monitoring calories, plenty of protien/fiber and drinking water like a fish) and weight training. My goal is to be down to 115 by my cousin's wedding on May 5. If I can get back to 110 by summer, I'll be a happy girl!

:lol: I didn't realise until the end of your post that you where a girl. Before that i was just thinking to myself DAMN! thats one skinny little guy. Sorry for jumping the gun. :D

Glasgowcelticwing, now you can say what you wanted to say. :D

I weight 120 and I am 5'8 and I am a dude. Once summer comes my weight will be down.

Best of luck to everyone. :thumbup:

Edited by Jwo

Law school is so bad for you.

And, weddings are an incentive to get in shape. I have one on May 19th, where an ex-girlfriend is going to be there. So, I'd like to make sure I'm looking my best.

I weight 120 and I am 5'8 and I am a dude. Once summer comes my weight will be down.

DAMN ! your a skinny little guy. :hehe: Sorry I couldn't help myself. :P

Wait a minute your a little taller than me.Soooooo.

Your a skinny guy that's a little taller than me. :D

IPB Image

JWO, is that you?! ;)

I kid, I kid!

man, I wish i could find a new pair of headphones so I could run while listening to music. The ones I have now fall out all of the fricken time. Although, I dont mind running without headphones, but for longer distances/times, music makes the run sooooo much easier

man, I wish i could find a new pair of headphones so I could run while listening to music. The ones I have now fall out all of the fricken time. Although, I dont mind running without headphones, but for longer distances/times, music makes the run sooooo much easier

I have the same problem, you can't beat listening to some tunes while you workout. :thumbup:

Like someone said earlier in the thread, i can not gain any weight. I am 5'5 and 105lbs, i eat fattening foods in large amounts and I just can't put it on! Any suggestions? Just so you know glasgowcelticwing i am a girl also, lol

Like someone said earlier in the thread, i can not gain any weight. I am 5'5 and 105lbs, i eat fattening foods in large amounts and I just can't put it on! Any suggestions? Just so you know glasgowcelticwing i am a girl also, lol

How you doin. :P

It sounds crazy but since I lost all my weight I can basically eat anything I want . ;) Don't know how the hell that happens, but hey i ain't complaining. :D

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Yeah, i want to get back to 180-190. I'm around 220-225 right now. 6'-1"

I was wearing size 34 pants two years ago. now i'm buying 38 with the stretchy waistbands and I still don't button them most of the time. plus i'm always too tired to go out and do stuff like hockey and disc golf.

Damn. I wish i could switch weight with you. :P I weigh 190 lbs and I am working on being in the 210-220 range.

If you want to gain weight, try eating more protein, fiber and lifting weights. Building lean muscle will put on pounds the healthy way.

If you want to die of a heart attack at an early age, keep on that fast food diet. Probably the single most unhealthy thing you can do!

If you want to gain weight, try eating more protein, fiber and lifting weights. Building lean muscle will put on pounds the healthy way.

If you want to die of a heart attack at an early age, keep on that fast food diet. Probably the single most unhealthy thing you can do!

Yeah, thats what im doing. I drink a protien shake every morning, before bed and after my workouts. I also try to eat 500 caleries every 2 hours and for the most part not fast food.

Ive been doing this for about 5-6 months and have gained 30 lbs so far

I have always tried to steer clear of protein when working out. Only because I know alot of guys who get over obsessed with that stuff. I guess I would rather save my money than gain muscle quicker :P

well you need protien to gain muscle. I just find it easier/ faster to down a protien shake than to make a tuna fish sandwich or something else.

Bingo. Increasing your protein intake does not equate supplement abuse. Protein and fiber are, as I see it, the most key things you can have in your diet whether you're trying to gain or lose weight. It keeps you fuller longer - thereby decreasing the urge to snack. And it keeps your energy up - encouraging you to work out and build that lean muscle mass! It's so easy to pack in - snack on almonds, keep a few hardboiled eggs in the fridge, stock up on string cheese, get chicken on your salad (dressing on the side!).

Yay for protein!

Update #1

Starting Weight: 222

Last Weigh-in: 222

Current Weight: 219

Target Weight: 190

Target Date: 6/29/07 (day that I leave for my wedding 6/30!!)

Been drinking a lot more water and eating a lot more fruit. I haven't really started too much exercise yet, but it's coming. I'd post new pics, but 3 pounds isn't much difference.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Wanna hear something crazy? I'm about 6', and since I graduated high school in 2004 I weighed 130lbs (yes, 1-3-0). Just the other month I jumped on the scale (dont do it to often) and I weighed in at 140lbs!! Happiest day of my life!! Haha.

Yeah Im skinny, and tall. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and never put on weight. Which is great and all, but I should hit the gym and try to pack on a few pounds. And change my diet a bit. So I dont blow away in the wind.

This thread has gaven me some insight and inspiration lol. Good luck to Legionnaire!

I got the impression that Legionnaire11 started this thread with the serious intent that people who wanted to lose weight/get in shape could find something of a support group to keep each other motivatived and a place to swap ideas.

If you'd like to have a discussion about topics such as how you're too skinny, weight gain via cannibalism, the pros and cons of different beer, the McDonalds diet, or basically any of nonsense that has been the last 20 posts or so that I deleted, please take it to PM.

I got the impression that Legionnaire11 started this thread with the serious intent that people who wanted to lose weight/get in shape could find something of a support group to keep each other motivatived and a place to swap ideas.

If you'd like to have a discussion about topics such as how you're too skinny, weight gain via cannibalism, the pros and cons of different beer, the McDonalds diet, or basic any of nonsense that has been the last 10 posts or so, please take it to PM.

Sorry bud, :blush:

I know this topic was started to help people loose weight, we got carried away having a laugh.Anyways i've added my own posts at the beginning on how i've lost alot of weight.

P.S. Keep up the good work Legionnaire11. :thumbup: