• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well here it is. Don't be scared ph34r.gif

IPB Image IPB Image

Starting Weight: 222
Current Weight: 222
Target Weight: 190
Target Date: 6/29/07 (day that I leave for my wedding 6/30!!)

I already started today, a bagel with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and water. Instead of going for fast food at lunch, I had Jason's Deli, Half of a roast beef sandwich, lettuce, tomato, no cheese, no mayo. On the side was 3 strawberries, 2 small chunks of pineapple and 6 slices of apple with tea to drink. Then at dinner was one homemade meatball sandwich with no cheese (usually I eat two with cheese).

I'm planning on getting on this stepping machine during the second intermission of the Preds game.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#22 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

I'm in. I already now weigh less than I have since high school (about 10 years), but I'd still like to drop another 20-25 and add some muscle. I need to get in shape so I can get more involved in the control tower's athletic activities, and dammit, I need to find a girl.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#23 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:18 AM

I'm 5'7 and weigh around 165, but literally last Christmas, I was at 148. College has finally caught up with me :-X.
Word,
LDi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#24 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:48 AM

Is it bad that I'd consider 222 a nice target weight?

I'd have to have a limb removed to drop below 200 and I'm "only" 6'...

Posted Image

#25 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

Good for you Legionnaire. I totally understand where you're coming from, and let me give you a little piece of encouragement.

Up until my Spring semester of my Senior year of college, my matabolism hadn't slowed one bit. When it finally did that semester I went from 190 pounds to 215 pounds (FYI: I'm 6'1"), and felt horrible about myself. I wasn't huge, but I didn't look the way I had since I was young, and it really bothered me. Almost exactly 2 years ago, I was 3 months away from getting married myself, and decided that I was going to make the change. I started rarely touching beer during the weekdays (Friday-Sunday beer was fair game biggrin.gif), eating better, and I ran a mile 4-5 out of 7 days each week. My goal was to get around the 190 mark on the day of my wedding. About 1 week before my big day hit, I weighed 188, and I've never gone above 200 since. Currently I weight 191.

My advice keep doing what your doing, and keep posting updates. The more you remind yourself, the better you'll look and feel come Wedding time.

Sidenote: One thing I did to help remind myself of the progress I was making was I took a picture (with my camera phone) of the scale when I weighed myself. Whenever I flipped open my phone, BAM there was my current weight, and it was a great motivator.

Best of luck Legionnaire, and keep up the hard work.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#26 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Best of luck, Legionnaire11 you can do it!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#27 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

I've already done my diet. A couple of years ago i weighed in at about 239 pounds. I now weigh in at 144 pounds which is not bad for my height (5'7") Damn i was fat. lol.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#28 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

Good grief, that's damn good! You could rival Jared as the poster boy in losing weight. laugh.gif

#29 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ April 6, 2007 - 04:30PM) View Post

I've already done my diet. A couple of years ago i weighed in at about 239 pounds. I now weigh in at 144 pounds which is not bad for my height (5'7") Damn i was fat. lol.

Wow....you sure you arent the victim of a gypsy curse like the guy from the movie Thinner?
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#30 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ April 7, 2007 - 12:38AM) View Post

Wow....you sure you arent the victim of a gypsy curse like the guy from the movie Thinner?

Na. I was just waaaayyyyy to fat and really had to loose weight. tongue.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#31 zettermaberg

zettermaberg

Come on Fhqwgads!

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:19 AM

I'm jumping on the boat for this one. I was one of the rare few who actually LOST weight in college and avoided the dreaded freshman 15. All I ever did was drink and work out - you never hear about that in diet books! laugh.gif

After undergrad, everything changed. Law school prevented any sort of work out (and screwed my diet/alcohol levels). I slowly climbed up from 110 to 125 - the final number doesn't sound like much, but on my 5'2 frame, it's on the higher end of what's healthy. I'm back down to 120 by running 30 minutes three times a week, altering my diet (already pretty good, but maintaining portion control, monitoring calories, plenty of protien/fiber and drinking water like a fish) and weight training. My goal is to be down to 115 by my cousin's wedding on May 5. If I can get back to 110 by summer, I'll be a happy girl!

edit: spelling, hurr.

Edited by zettermaberg, 07 April 2007 - 10:22 AM.

“When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to drink a lot on Christmas and be drunk." - Pavel Datsyuk

Whatever keeps you skating like that, Pavel...

#32 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(zettermaberg @ April 7, 2007 - 04:19PM) View Post

I'm jumping on the boat for this one. I was one of the rare few who actually LOST weight in college and avoided the dreaded freshman 15. All I ever did was drink and work out - you never hear about that in diet books! laugh.gif

After undergrad, everything changed. Law school prevented any sort of work out (and screwed my diet/alcohol levels). I slowly climbed up from 110 to 125 - the final number doesn't sound like much, but on my 5'2 frame, it's on the higher end of what's healthy. I'm back down to 120 by running 30 minutes three times a week, altering my diet (already pretty good, but maintaining portion control, monitoring calories, plenty of protien/fiber and drinking water like a fish) and weight training. My goal is to be down to 115 by my cousin's wedding on May 5. If I can get back to 110 by summer, I'll be a happy girl!

laugh.gif I didn't realise until the end of your post that you where a girl. Before that i was just thinking to myself DAMN! thats one skinny little guy. Sorry for jumping the gun. biggrin.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#33 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Glasgowcelticwing, now you can say what you wanted to say. biggrin.gif

I weight 120 and I am 5'8 and I am a dude. Once summer comes my weight will be down.

Best of luck to everyone. thumbup.gif

Edited by Jwo, 07 April 2007 - 03:11 PM.

FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#34 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(zettermaberg @ April 7, 2007 - 09:19AM) View Post

Law school is so bad for you.

And, weddings are an incentive to get in shape. I have one on May 19th, where an ex-girlfriend is going to be there. So, I'd like to make sure I'm looking my best.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#35 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Jwo @ April 7, 2007 - 09:10PM) View Post

I weight 120 and I am 5'8 and I am a dude. Once summer comes my weight will be down.

DAMN ! your a skinny little guy. hehe.gif Sorry I couldn't help myself. tongue.gif
Wait a minute your a little taller than me.Soooooo.
Your a skinny guy that's a little taller than me. biggrin.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#36 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Jwo @ April 7, 2007 - 03:10PM) View Post

IPB Image

JWO, is that you?! wink.gif

I kid, I kid!
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#37 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

man, I wish i could find a new pair of headphones so I could run while listening to music. The ones I have now fall out all of the fricken time. Although, I dont mind running without headphones, but for longer distances/times, music makes the run sooooo much easier

#38 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Lidstromrules16 @ April 7, 2007 - 09:27PM) View Post

man, I wish i could find a new pair of headphones so I could run while listening to music. The ones I have now fall out all of the fricken time. Although, I dont mind running without headphones, but for longer distances/times, music makes the run sooooo much easier

I have the same problem, you can't beat listening to some tunes while you workout. thumbup.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#39 redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

Like someone said earlier in the thread, i can not gain any weight. I am 5'5 and 105lbs, i eat fattening foods in large amounts and I just can't put it on! Any suggestions? Just so you know glasgowcelticwing i am a girl also, lol

"Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person." - Jeremy Roenick

#40 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(redwingsfan19 @ April 7, 2007 - 09:51PM) View Post

Like someone said earlier in the thread, i can not gain any weight. I am 5'5 and 105lbs, i eat fattening foods in large amounts and I just can't put it on! Any suggestions? Just so you know glasgowcelticwing i am a girl also, lol

How you doin. tongue.gif
It sounds crazy but since I lost all my weight I can basically eat anything I want . wink.gif Don't know how the hell that happens, but hey i ain't complaining. biggrin.gif

Edited by glasgowcelticwing, 07 April 2007 - 04:02 PM.

^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users