• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

you are so cute, showing off that jawline. :hehe:

Yeah, I actually HAVE a jawline now! :lol:

Should I take a picture of my ass and post it? It's much smaller than it was 3 months ago. :lol:

You know better than to ask a question like that on here...

...so, yes. :P

I think I just had my first "Holy s***, this fits!" moment since I started working out/dieting.

Maybe a couple years ago, I had bought a couple of corduroy pants, size 38. When I tried them on, they fit. Maybe a little snug in some areas, but ultimately, they fit. Within a couple months, that snugness became tightness and they became uncomfortable to wear. Oddly enough, all my jeans were the same size, but I didn't seem to experience as much problem with those.

Well, all my jeans right now are still size 38 and they've been becoming more and more loose in the waist. So I figured, why not try on the cords?

And they were loose. Like, REALLY loose. To the point of baggy. Definitely needed a belt if I was planning on doing any extended walking in them. So...woo hoo! New pants! :lol:

I FINALLY snuck down below 180 this weekend. Two weigh-ins now in two days and the scale has twice failed to touch 180 - this is exciting. So about 12, 13 pounds lost since May. God, that's slow. Five or so more pounds and I'll be about where I was at the end of last summer. A couple weeks ago I was around 181, 182 which was nice because that's the size I was last summer when I got fitted for the suit I wore to a wedding that weekend.

Still pretty slow going though. I'm almost halfway through the four bottles of Hydroxycut that I planned on. I lost about 10 pounds in 16 weeks before I started on it - the official Hydroxycut experiment starting weight was 182. If you call my weight 179 right now, I need to drop at least three more pounds in two more bottles' worth of pills in order to declare the stuff a success (based on 5 pounds in 8 weeks without it.)

Excellent work there Superdeluxe.

Nothing really new in terms of weight management with me, still at a weight that is healthy and that I am content with, but I've been keeping up with working out really well lately despite life and work being extremely busy. I've worked out 5 out of the last 6 days both lifting weights and cardio just about every day. This afternoon I had a damned good workout where I just found an extra gear. I lifted weights a little heavier than normal and I did cardio for 30 minutes, and I burned off 420 calories. That's plenty given my build and relatively slender weight for my height.

down 21.5 lbs since July 1!

Nice! I wish I could have that kind of luck. 13 pounds since May - not that impressive.

Here's a note for all of those tracking my progress on the Hydroxycut. (OK, there's one of you anyway.) Make sure if you go to see the doctor you tell him about it. I went in to see the doctor today about my allergies and as part of the standard doctor routine he took my blood pressure and was fairly alarmed until I told him about the Hydroxycut. Apparently someone my age is supposed to have around 120/70 or so and I was up at like 145/90. Pretty high. He said don't take it for more than like three or four months - as of now I've been on it about five weeks. It seems to be working to bring the weight under control, but per the doctor's advice I'll be off it by Thanksgiving, hopefully by which time I can be right around 170 pounds, just in time to gorge myself over the holidays.

Nice! I wish I could have that kind of luck. 13 pounds since May - not that impressive.

Here's a note for all of those tracking my progress on the Hydroxycut. (OK, there's one of you anyway.) Make sure if you go to see the doctor you tell him about it. I went in to see the doctor today about my allergies and as part of the standard doctor routine he took my blood pressure and was fairly alarmed until I told him about the Hydroxycut. Apparently someone my age is supposed to have around 120/70 or so and I was up at like 145/90. Pretty high. He said don't take it for more than like three or four months - as of now I've been on it about five weeks. It seems to be working to bring the weight under control, but per the doctor's advice I'll be off it by Thanksgiving, hopefully by which time I can be right around 170 pounds, just in time to gorge myself over the holidays.

I'm glad you're off it, you don't need it. :)

I know it's frustrating not seeing the weight come off. But as long as you are working out and eating right - that's what is most important for your health. The weight WILL come off eventually if you keep up the healthy eating and exercise.

I'm glad you're off it, you don't need it. :)

I know it's frustrating not seeing the weight come off. But as long as you are working out and eating right - that's what is most important for your health. The weight WILL come off eventually if you keep up the healthy eating and exercise.

Didn't say I was off it yet ;) I'm sticking with my original plan of eight weeks. I'll see where I am after that, because I do think from what I've seen so far, diet + exercise + Hydroxycut is taking the weight off faster than diet and exercise alone. I'll see how I feel about it after Halloween when the eight weeks is up - definitely won't do another full eight weeks, that would really be pushing up against the edge of the doc's advice. But if over the course of eight or ten weeks it's worth those extra few lost pounds, it's worth it to me.

OK, my trainer has gone all "boot camp" on me here. :lol: He knows I am game for just about anything, so today we went outside and ran up and down hills near the gym, and then for a special surprise, we dragged a tire around. Seriously. He has a tire, on a rim, with an eyebolt drilled into it, and then we attached a bar to it, with a rope, so we could drag it down the road.

It is MUCH harder than it looks, let me tell ya. But when you're done, you know you've done something.

I want to do it again. I am either a masochist or maybe I just like the notion that I am actually working to get fit. I was getting bored with the weights and sets anyway, so I am glad he decided to try this workout. I was sceptical that it would actually be as good a work out as the freeweights, etc.

Yep. Maybe better. Commando Looo, reporting for duty!! I hear firefighters and cops do this sort of thing (the tire dragging bit, I mean).

:showoff:

I am giving some serious thought in participating in a half marathon right in the beginning of February. I probably do some form of cardio work about 4-6 times a week when work/personal life isn't too chaotic. The most I have run in one setting is 6 miles, but I ran a 5 mile race once with very little prepping or training before, and finished it without much difficulty. I consider myself in some decent shape, but you'll never see me running Cross Country every day. If I start running now nearly every day and putting in a few miles a day of running, plus a day here/there with a few more (4-5 miles perhaps) when I have more time, do you think I have any chance at all whatsoever of finishing a 13.1 mile race, or is this just a pipe dream?

http://www.mardigrasmarathon.com/

I am giving some serious thought in participating in a half marathon right in the beginning of February. I probably do some form of cardio work about 4-6 times a week when work/personal life isn't too chaotic. The most I have run in one setting is 6 miles, but I ran a 5 mile race once with very little prepping or training before, and finished it without much difficulty. I consider myself in some decent shape, but you'll never see me running Cross Country every day. If I start running now nearly every day and putting in a few miles a day of running, plus a day here/there with a few more (4-5 miles perhaps) when I have more time, do you think I have any chance at all whatsoever of finishing a 13.1 mile race, or is this just a pipe dream?

http://www.mardigrasmarathon.com/

Yup, of course. Anyone who goes through the training can do it. They most likely have a half-marathon training schedule that you can follow or you could do a google search for one.

Good Luck in your training - it's really not that hard. It just takes dedication to stick to the schedule. Never skip your long run either - most training includes one long run a week that increases in miles throughout training, it'll start at 3 and go up to 12 or 13 most likely for a half marathon.

I'm running in the Detroit relay marathon this weekend. My leg is just about a 10K. I don't think I'll beat my last 10K time in May - I followed the training to a T and ran it in 50:12. I haven't been training as hard for this race so I'm just hoping for under 55 minutes.

Didn't make my target weight, but I can't complain too much. Basically, I had to cram a month worth of work into two weeks and the gym got cut out. Since you know, I'd rather sleep. Still, overall I've lost 30 pounds from when I was my heaviest. Still a ways to go, but I'm working on it.

Didn't make my target weight, but I can't complain too much. Basically, I had to cram a month worth of work into two weeks and the gym got cut out. Since you know, I'd rather sleep. Still, overall I've lost 30 pounds from when I was my heaviest. Still a ways to go, but I'm working on it.

Wait does that mean the wedding is THIS weekend?

Time for an update.

Starting date: 7/17/08

Starting weight: 229 lbs.

Today's date: 10/21/08

Current weight: 188.5 lbs.

Total weight loss to date: 40.5 lbs.

Wii Fit doesn't chirp at me "That's obese!" anymore either; now it's just "That's overweight!". :P

you're awesome, Edi, as always!! Keep up the good work!!

I bought skinny jeans over the weekend. I tried on a bunch at Nordstrom, and the lady helping said "the ones you're trying are too big, that's why they don't fit right."

:yowza:

She was right. I used to wear a size 6, but never expected to again. I am pretty pleased and willing to do whatever it takes to not put the lbs/inches back on.

Trainer had me dragging the tire and rim again this afternoon. It's not exactly lady-like, but then no one has ever accused me of being a delicate flower, so who cares? It's a hell of a workout! Woo!!

ViB, you're awesome, too! Congrats, my sweat-sister!! :thumbup:

Everybody else, keep hittin' it hard. It's a journey, not a destination!