• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#681 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Linda - you are not fat! I've seen pictures of you and you look perfectly fine and healthy. I'm sure you have areas that you'd like to see improvement on, I know I sure do. But I also think that you're hard work for the past 2 years with little results is because you were taking such good care of yourself before you started that. I am willing to bet that you have much more muscle and strength in your body than you did before you started working out with your trainer. I know it's frustrating to work so hard and not see amazing results, but I'd chalk it up to you just being healthy.

I do know about the poor self image issue, but you are a beautiful woman inside and out so I say just do what you've been doing if it keeps you happy instead of trying to see results. Of course like you've been talking about with Jack, it's easy for someone to say things but actually doing it and believing it can only come from you. (((hugs)))

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#682 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

The average American consumes over 6,500 calories on Turkey Day =]
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#683 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

The average American consumes over 6,500 calories on Turkey Day =]

Well, that makes me below average, considerably. Nothing new.

Have fun, if stuffin' yourself with stuffin' is in the offing today.

Go, Lions! :blush:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#684 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Today is the day to be in this thread, keeps you mindful that all you're putting in your mouth only means that much more work you need to do.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#685 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Decided to work out during games I'd do 25 pushups and 25 crunches every whistle. I did 975 pushups and 975 crunches during todays game.

Edited by Konnan511, 26 November 2010 - 10:05 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#686 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Well, I didn't lose any weight last week, but I also didn't gain any. With Thanksgiving and its obligatory pie*, I'd say that counts as a win.

*Obligatory pie-- The extra piece of pie cut itself and jumped onto my plate, I swear! And then it said if I didn't nom it, it would jump onto the carpet, whipped cream side down! :P

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#687 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

:lol: too funny but so true. Glad you didn't gain anything new.

I am so out of shape, my daughter was playing wii fit and was cheating on a running game. I said I wanted to actually do it, I didn't do much but could tell I need to get back to doing something, I miss the gym. Might have to make due with some wii fit sessions daily, guess it's better than nothing.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#688 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:09 AM

I was thinking of getting the Playstation Move for my PS3 and find some activity games on there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#689 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:10 AM

The Wii Fit is pretty good. The hula hoop game and the rhythm boxing are decent for cardio, and the yoga stretches are nice. The strength training is not so great, I've found. For strength it might be better to get a couple of small dumbbells and do a basic routine like this one: Building Muscle and Bone—At Home, On Your Own. When I'm really focused I can do that in about 15 minutes, but I leave out the step ups, because that's so similar to running on the elliptical.

Another option for working out at home-- if your cable/satellite has On Demand, it should have a section of Free On Demand shows, which contain a channel called Exercise TV with a whole bunch of workouts to choose from. The catch is that the descriptions don't really say how advanced each workout is or if it needs any special equipment, so you might have to try a few before you find a good one. I accidentally picked one this morning that was way more advanced than I was ready for. Yow! I could only do about half of it before my legs felt too wobbly to do any more. :blush: They seem to have all levels of workout, though, if you can find the right one!

Edited by Jenny, 30 November 2010 - 07:11 AM.

detroit-skyline.jpg

#690 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

The Wii Fit is pretty good. The hula hoop game and the rhythm boxing are decent for cardio, and the yoga stretches are nice. The strength training is not so great, I've found. For strength it might be better to get a couple of small dumbbells and do a basic routine like this one: Building Muscle and Bone—At Home, On Your Own. When I'm really focused I can do that in about 15 minutes, but I leave out the step ups, because that's so similar to running on the elliptical.

Another option for working out at home-- if your cable/satellite has On Demand, it should have a section of Free On Demand shows, which contain a channel called Exercise TV with a whole bunch of workouts to choose from. The catch is that the descriptions don't really say how advanced each workout is or if it needs any special equipment, so you might have to try a few before you find a good one. I accidentally picked one this morning that was way more advanced than I was ready for. Yow! I could only do about half of it before my legs felt too wobbly to do any more. :blush: They seem to have all levels of workout, though, if you can find the right one!

Great find Jenny! I've got a pretty good physique since I played intramural sports 24/7 in college, but my cardio is le dead, so this can only help!

edit: just looked for it on Charter, but they don't seem to have it :( Darn!

Edited by Konnan511, 02 December 2010 - 11:30 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#691 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Very nice cardio session today, 560 calories burned on the stationary bike.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#692 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Very nice cardio session today, 560 calories burned on the stationary bike.

Good job, HT!! I piled up 700 calories last night on the inclined treadmill (+25) and am working out with trainer tonight. One of these days, I am going to actually see results. I just know it!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#693 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Good job, HT!! I piled up 700 calories last night on the inclined treadmill (+25) and am working out with trainer tonight. One of these days, I am going to actually see results. I just know it!

It takes a while, but stick with it and the results will come. Sometimes it can take weeks, other people's bodies respond quicker.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#694 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Don't forget, it's hard to see results ourself because you see your self all the time! I bet people around you are noticing and cat-calling you in their head :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#695 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

550 calories burned in a 1/2 hour of cardio this early morning. More productive weightlifting than usual at the gym. Productive output indeed. :)

#696 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Good stuff!

Bout ready to head onto the treadmill. What does everyone listen to during cardio sessions? Right now, my iPod is set on a Paul McCartney Live from New York concert.

#697 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Good stuff!

Bout ready to head onto the treadmill. What does everyone listen to during cardio sessions? Right now, my iPod is set on a Paul McCartney Live from New York concert.

Awesome selection of music... I approve!! I am without tunes right now, my old mp3 player bit the dust. I am holding out for my new phone (4G EVO) in a couple of months when my upgrade is available.

I worked out with my trainer tonight, did a lot of cardio and running and endurance stuff. I can't lift anything with my right hand, since I busted my elbow last Friday, so I am limited in what I can do. It's distressing. Oh, well. Treadmill and elliptical, with no hand rails, on alternate days. We will think of something to keep me going, while this heals a bit.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#698 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

hey! i'm gonna officially "join" the LGW fit club! in the past 2 months i've lost 12 lbs, and have 48 more to go! My Fitness Pal has been incredibly useful for keeping track of calories, and I'm doing the Couch to 5k plan as well as 30 minutes on the stationary bike every evening, and alternating cardio, pilates, and yoga every morning. My fiance has been working to get in better shape too, and has lost about 9 lbs so far. I'm getting married on 4/28/2012, and am determined not to be a fat bride!

you guys are all really inspiring! i'm really excited to be a part of this!

Posted Image

#699 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

What does everyone listen to during cardio sessions?

I've actually got my elliptical in front of the TV, so I'll run while watching hockey if there's a game on or various things from History Channel or National Geographic Channel off the TiVo. I usually run for 45 minutes at a time, so either one period of hockey or a one-hour show with the commercials fast forwarded is just right.

detroit-skyline.jpg

#700 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

The eliptical (sp) is a great cardio device. My main cardio mainstays are the stationary bike, eliptical, and the good old fashioned treadmill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users