• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#61 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Something I am doing to try to trim around 10 pounds to get back to around 140...

Other than when I eat fried food at a pub I hang out with on occassion, once every week/two weeks, I'm going to completely give up fried food.

No fast food, no fried food even in microwave meals, no fried food even in salads. It's not all too critical for me, but fried food isn't good for you, worth a shot even though I have loved eating it for 26 years.

#62 redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

Where did Legionnaire go? He hasn't posted in a while.

"Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person." - Jeremy Roenick

#63 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

i'll update tonight. I plan on doing an update every sunday. I'm hoping for good results when I weigh myself tonight. I feel really good. I've been drinking a lot of water, walking and climbing a lot of stairs (not by choice tongue.gif)
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#64 redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

redwingsfan19

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

I'm sure you did good!

"Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person." - Jeremy Roenick

#65 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

I did weights today at the gym for a first time in probably a month and a half. It wasn't too bad, but we'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

The first wedding of the summer is in just over a month, I gotta pick it up.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#66 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

Update from me: Haven't started s**t yet. OK, that's not quite true. Got me an iPod finally. Ooooo, big effin' deal, BRTD, you got your toys while everyone else is dieting and hitting the weights. Lemme tell ya something: No working out gets done if I don't have the music. It's awful. I hate all forms of cardio workout, and there's only one thing that makes it even remotely tolerable, the music. So I got my iPod, and I got my armband, and I got my music. So now I'm set. The weight loss plan officially begins May 4, because that is when I deploy with my ship. (We have a fairly respectable gym.) I can't help what I eat, because the ship serves what it serves, so I'll just have to watch how much I eat. I'm at 195 now (yuck), and it's a 19-week cruise, so the goal is 176. One pound a week.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#67 HkyTwn

HkyTwn

some Zetter is better

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Lidstromrules16 @ April 7, 2007 - 04:27PM) View Post

man, I wish i could find a new pair of headphones so I could run while listening to music. The ones I have now fall out all of the fricken time. Although, I dont mind running without headphones, but for longer distances/times, music makes the run sooooo much easier

I love listening to music while I work out. I tend to do more because I want to finish a song or get motivated because of how the song sounds. mp3 players work amazingly smile.gif I got a cheap one so I could walk & work out.

I think I'm going to try to jump on this too! I'm a female and I would really love to lose weight. I am by no means fat, but the Freshman 15 kicked the crap out of me so I'm packing a little extra around my waist. I'm just looking to lose a little weight. I only drink 4-5 pops a week and I've cut down my intake of fried campus food, so I'm onto a good start.

And for everyone else, keep up the great work!!
Posted Image

#68 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:17 AM

got caught up in laundry and housecleaning last night and forgot to update my weight. First thing when I get home from work tonight i'll post it.

Also coming down with a little bit of a cold, though I don't believe that's a bad thing for trying to lose weight lol
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#69 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

Probably not the right type of person for this thread but I find myself in a predicament as I'm trying to lose 5 pounds by May 5th. I weigh about 205 right now at 6'4 and have a body fat percentage of 8% so losing further weight is kinda difficult. I'm also not interested in dropping muscle weight at all, in fact I'd preferably like to gain muscle weight just lower my overall body fat. That part might be me getting too picky but I've considered maybe trying some fat burner's, metabolism boosters, diet pills etc.
I'm quite the fitness buff myself and have always had a fast metabolism, being able to shed pounds quite quickly, but does anyone feel I'm starving for the impossible here?
I'd also be interested to know if anyone's ever taken fat burners/diet pills, and to know if they work at all. I myself have never really taken them but would be willing to give it a shot if it means I can be under 200 pounds by May 5th.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#70 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Also I want to comment on how I think this is an asweoms idea and I wish the best of luck to you L11 thumbup.gif
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#71 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

I've been really pushing myself hard these past few days, I've ran nearly 15 miles since Sunday with a busy work schedule to boot.

I'm down close to 145 now from 150...trying to get back into the low 140 range. I am really committing myself and pressing myself hard to get this done, and am doing my damnest to eat slightly healthier to get there. Hopefully it won't take that long, and it's going to happen because I am in the "Just do it yourself" mentality right now.

#72 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Update #2

Starting Weight: 222
Last Weigh-in: 219
Current Weight: 216
Target Weight: 190
Target Date: 6/29/07 (day that I leave for my wedding 6/30!!)

sorry for the long delay. the 216 is my monday night weight, I just hadn't gotten past other distractions to get here to post it. So, I think i'm doing pretty good right now. 3 lbs a week so far, with about 11 weeks to go, at this pace i'd lose 33 lbs before the target date and I only need to lose 26. I wish i'd started this thread a week earlier when I had hit 225. so in all reality, i've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks. it feels so much better, the shirt i'm wearing right now is snug. it used to fit loose and comfy, then it went to tight and restrictive, but right now it's just snug, tighter than it should be, but not uncomfortable. Same with my work pants. I can comfortably button them now! i've still got some work to go to button my jeans, and a long way to go before I can fit in my shorts again. But i'm on my way there!!!
IPB Image

#73 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

Looks like you're making great progress, Legionnaire! You're almost about to pass me. I'm currently at 214 now, well off my high six years ago of 235, but my goal is 195, lower if I can manage it.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#74 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ April 18, 2007 - 10:47AM) View Post

Update #2

Starting Weight: 222
Last Weigh-in: 219
Current Weight: 216
Target Weight: 190
Target Date: 6/29/07 (day that I leave for my wedding 6/30!!)

sorry for the long delay. the 216 is my monday night weight, I just hadn't gotten past other distractions to get here to post it. So, I think i'm doing pretty good right now. 3 lbs a week so far, with about 11 weeks to go, at this pace i'd lose 33 lbs before the target date and I only need to lose 26. I wish i'd started this thread a week earlier when I had hit 225. so in all reality, i've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks. it feels so much better, the shirt i'm wearing right now is snug. it used to fit loose and comfy, then it went to tight and restrictive, but right now it's just snug, tighter than it should be, but not uncomfortable. Same with my work pants. I can comfortably button them now! i've still got some work to go to button my jeans, and a long way to go before I can fit in my shorts again. But i'm on my way there!!!

Congratulations!!! You've been doing great! clap.gif Keep it up.

#75 redwingschick33

redwingschick33

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

I for sure would like to lose some weight, but I've just found it to be very difficult to workout.

I'm 20 and a sophomore in college (oh, and a chick by the way). I've had 9 knee surgeries and have had chronic knee pain since 2003. I'm not allowed to even walk for exercise that's how sucky my knee is. So cardio is out. I do PT exercises, ab stuff, and upper body. My biggest problem is that I just need to eat healthy and I bet that'd help a lot.

Before my knee problems got really bad, I was 5'5" and weighed 115 as a sophomore in high school were I was 6th in the region for 100m dash for my division. I worked out every day for fun. Last spring before my 2nd ACL surgery, I got up to 140. I'm down to 128 right now and ideally would like to hit 120.

I just need to start eating healthy. Hopefully this thread will help keep me motivated!

Christy

#76 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(redwingschick33 @ April 20, 2007 - 04:10PM) View Post

I for sure would like to lose some weight, but I've just found it to be very difficult to workout.

I'm 20 and a sophomore in college (oh, and a chick by the way). I've had 9 knee surgeries and have had chronic knee pain since 2003. I'm not allowed to even walk for exercise that's how sucky my knee is. So cardio is out. I do PT exercises, ab stuff, and upper body. My biggest problem is that I just need to eat healthy and I bet that'd help a lot.

Before my knee problems got really bad, I was 5'5" and weighed 115 as a sophomore in high school were I was 6th in the region for 100m dash for my division. I worked out every day for fun. Last spring before my 2nd ACL surgery, I got up to 140. I'm down to 128 right now and ideally would like to hit 120.

I just need to start eating healthy. Hopefully this thread will help keep me motivated!

Christy

I'm sorry to hear about your knee problem's sad.gif , I've had alot of leg injuries myself and it sucks bigtime . It's really hard to get into any sort of exercise routine when you can't walk never mind run. As I posted earlier in this topic i've lost a hell of alot of weight but it's been hard doing so, I broke my foot when I was out running a couple of year's ago . blush.gif and I damaged my legs at work this time last year when I got pinned against a wall by a works van in the yard . mad.gif one thing I'm happy about tho is that with all my upper body exercising I never loose at arm wrestling. sly.gif tongue.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#77 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

I didn't want to make another thread because this is kinda similar, but the opposite. *Hope that's okay with you, Legion*

I've been losing weight for no apparent reason and it's kinda freaking me out. Ever since last July *after going to the ER due to panic attacks* I lost a lot of weight. I was around 125 then, and am down to 115 now. Everyone keeps telling me. "Omg, you're losing weight, what happened?" and bla bla bla and it REALLY bothers me. Here's the thing though. I am not one to eat a lot. I'll have like two meals a day and that's about it. I have anxiety attacks every so often, and also have acid reflux. *don't know if that plays a part in any of this or not* I've been to the doctors a bunch of times, and got blood tests for everything back in November and December and everything came out normal. I really don't know what my problem could be? Is it because im not consuming the proper amount of calories everyday?

Another thing is..when I weigh myself it changes EVERYDAY! Yesterday I was 115, today I'm 112. Then at night it's about 114 and in the morning around 113. It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong..im happy that my body is nice and lean but I don't like the fact that im losing weight without doing anything. It scares me.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 20 April 2007 - 04:06 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#78 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ April 20, 2007 - 04:50PM) View Post

I didn't want to make another thread because this is kinda similar, but the opposite.

I've been losing weight for no apparent reason and it's kinda freaking me out. Ever since last July *after going to the ER due to panic attacks* I lost a lot of weight. I was around 125 then, and am down to 115 now. Everyone keeps telling me. "Omg, you're losing weight, what happened?" and bla bla bla and it REALLY bothers me. Here's the thing though. I am not one to eat a lot. I'll have like two meals a day and that's about it. I have anxiety attacks every so often, and also have acid reflux. *don't know if that plays a part in any of this or not* I've been to the doctors a bunch of times, and got blood tests for everything back in November and December and everything came out normal. I really don't know what my problem could be? Is it because im not consuming the proper amount of calories everyday?

Another thing is..when I weigh myself it changes EVERYDAY! Yesterday I was 115, today I'm 112. Then at night it's about 114 and in the morning around 113. It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong..im happy that my body is nice and lean but I don't like the fact that im losing weight without doing anything. It scares me.

Your weight flucuates throughout the day... Weighing youself before bed and then when you wake up will always yield different results. TO get the most accurate reading you need to choose one time of day and always read at that time.

Perhaps you have an overactive thyroid... that could contribute to the weight loss. on a lighter note (no pun intended.. I think) during the playoffs your heart is constantly beating fast and you burn calories that way wink.gif

Edited by OsGOD, 20 April 2007 - 03:57 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#79 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ April 20, 2007 - 09:50PM) View Post

I didn't want to make another thread because this is kinda similar, but the opposite.

Don't worry about your weight fluctuating all the time , depending upon activites and diet your weight changes all the time. In the mornings I usually weigh about 142lbs and at night depending on what i've been eating and doing i've seen myself weigh in at as much as 147lbs. As for the loosing the extra weight I'm actually the same just now, everybody keeps commenting on how I am so skinny and i've lost too much weight but since i've lost weight I haven't changed my diet to loose any more weight. I don't really understand that one myself. wink.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#80 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ April 20, 2007 - 04:55PM) View Post

Your weight flucuates throughout the day... Weighing youself before bed and then when you wake up will always yield different results. TO get the most accurate reading you need to choose one time of day and always read at that time.

Perhaps you have an overactive thyroid... that could contribute to the weight loss. on a lighter note (no pun intended.. I think) during the playoffs your heart is constantly beating fast and you burn calories that way wink.gif

Weight fluctuates that much during the day?

I got a TSH blood test done on me in November, and my thyroid levels came out normal.

Hahaha you have NO idea how fast my heart rate goes up during the playoffs. It's quite sad, really. It's in the 120's thats for sure.

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ April 20, 2007 - 05:03PM) View Post

Don't worry about your weight fluctuating all the time , depending upon activites and diet your weight changes all the time. In the mornings I usually weigh about 142lbs and at night depending on what i've been eating and doing i've seen myself weigh in at as much as 147lbs. As for the loosing the extra weight I'm actually the same just now, everybody keeps commenting on how I am so skinny and i've lost too much weight but since i've lost weight I haven't changed my diet to loose any more weight. I don't really understand that one myself. wink.gif

Thanks buddy.

Yeah same here..I mean you'd think with people saying you look skinny that it'd be a good thing, but not when you aren't doing anything to earn it like in my case. lol

I just get TOO paranoid thinking something is wrong. And in return being that way makes me lose my appetite because I get all anxious and scared. Ay yi yi.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 20 April 2007 - 04:11 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users