• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#821 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Burned 835 calories last night in 45 minutes of cardio, ran 8 miles early this morning. Feeling good, always gotta stay hungry. :)

Geez, you make me feel like a lightweight. 450 in 35 minutes this morning. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#822 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

Geez, you make me feel like a lightweight. 450 in 35 minutes this morning. :lol:

645 in 45 minutes yesterday on the elliptical. :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#823 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

2150+ calories burned last night on the elliptical in 2 hours. :)

#824 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

I was able to get a treadmill cardio workout in the other day, the first since my stress fracture in my foot fully healed. Everything went well :thumbup:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#825 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Broke through plateaus today in lower body workout.

#826 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

I was really busy and couldnt workout for the last 2 weeks but this week I got back in to my normal routine and I feel great and didnt lose much strength at all. My joints (mostly hips and knees) feel a lot better so maybe a break was needed. I also added fish oils in to my diet last week and all the acne on my chest and back has cleared up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#827 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

I tried doing p90x with my girl today since she wants to get in to exercising, but we were more focused on laughing at each other looking stupid than actually working out. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#828 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

I've never tried it, but I hear it will kick your ass.

Continuing to improve in elyptical workouts.

#829 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

I've never tried it, but I hear it will kick your ass.

Continuing to improve in elyptical workouts.

Excellent. :thumbup:

Training for a marathon in roughly five months.

Ran nearly 11 miles Saturday, ran 6 on Monday faster than usual, had 2 extremely hard days of cardio in a row early in the morning, one burning 785 calories in 40 minutes, roughly 19.6 calories burned per minute.

#830 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Excellent. :thumbup:

Training for a marathon in roughly five months.

Ran nearly 11 miles Saturday, ran 6 on Monday faster than usual, had 2 extremely hard days of cardio in a row early in the morning, one burning 785 calories in 40 minutes, roughly 19.6 calories burned per minute.

Awesome.

#831 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Just noticed this hasn't been updated in a while, how's everyone doing fitness wise?

#832 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

I'm trying...need to get back to doing something since I've gained about 15lbs from the stress of the past few months. Got some zumba dvds and my goal is to do something every morning during the week and take weekends off. Done pretty well last week and this week.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#833 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

That's good, I've heard the word but I guess I don't actually know what zumba is :ph34r:

#834 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

You would not want to watch me, I'm so uncoordinated :lol: it's dance moves in a routine that works your body in the right way. Kristi is the queen of zumba, i'm just starting out.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#835 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Meh. I still go to the gym 6x a week (occasionally 7), can't lose weight, work my ass off. I am not discouraged enough to quit, since I don't have to imagine how much worse it could be, if I didn't do this. I don't post here because I don't think anyone who does gets where I am coming from with my struggles with fat and food and lack of results no matter what I do.

I got no brag points. Good luck to everyone!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#836 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Meh. I still go to the gym 6x a week (occasionally 7), can't lose weight, work my ass off. I am not discouraged enough to quit, since I don't have to imagine how much worse it could be, if I didn't do this. I don't post here because I don't think anyone who does gets where I am coming from with my struggles with fat and food and lack of results no matter what I do.

I got no brag points. Good luck to everyone!

What's your average daily diet looking like?

#837 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

What's your average daily diet looking like?

Here's exactly what it looks like: Gluten free (grain-free, actually), no sugar, low sodium, no added fats

Breakfast: eggs or strawberry-banana-spinach smoothie w/ flax seed oil

Snack: handful of almonds, or an apple

Lunch: green salad (no dressing, but I don't like it anyway), plus a lean protein, usually grilled fish or tuna

Snack: Greek yogurt, unsweetened, plus a fruit, like a handful of blueberries (my fav)or other berries

Dinner: Lean meat protein (chicken, turkey, fish) plus two servings of veggies, like broccoli, squash, or yams.

Portions are strictly limited. I eat no junk food at all. I have only been doing this for 10 days, but I have not lost a pound, despite killer workouts with trainer 3x week, cardio 2-3 times alternate days.

Freak = me. I defy any of you to do what I am doing and not lose weight. I miss my chips and hummas. :(

Do not get old. I am warning you. :ph34r:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#838 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

First time posting in this thread.

I'd like to lose a little weight. I used to be a twig, then started working in fast food, and gained about 15 pounds in a year. Put on a few more since August, and I'd like to lose ~10 pounds. I rarely eat fast food anymore. Is it possible I can drop 10 pounds in a week, and if so, could someone outline simple steps for me to make it happen?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#839 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

I lost seven pounds in a week once. What I did was I increased my water intake from practically nothing to 6-8 glasses a day. Then for the week a typical diet plan was the following:

Breakfast: Egg whites w/salso or hot sauce and fruits.
Morning Snack: The same as breakfast.
Lunch: 2 oz. protein, 1/2 cup of carbs and one cup of veggies. I usually ate rice, fish and a salad. Although if you're a guy you would probably need 4 oz of protein.
Afternoon snack: Egg whites and 1/2 cup rice
Supper: Same as lunch although I'd probably change my protein to chicken or eat a shrimp gumbo.

I didn this once for 6 weeks and lost between 25-30 pounds, my problem was I couldn't keep up cooking healthy meals with my work and school schedule at the time and ended up eating meals with my parents cause it was fast and easier and then the pasta and bread started making it's way back into my diet.

I actually need to restart this but my goal is to start with drinking water again.

#840 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

You're what? 18? Remember this conversation a few decades from now. My metabolism quit when I was 28. Rock on with the water, that's good for a lot of things!!

Stress is a tough item to deal with, in terms of weight gain. Both are hard to eliminate, I've found. :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users