• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

When do you usually make time to do so?

I usually try to go after work around 5. I want to workout for an hour each time. Sucks because now Tuesday's golf league started. Thursday is softball. I could always go after but by that time I'm so hungry and exhausted. Weekends will be up at the cabin now.

I started lifting regularly again, and I strained my bicep a few weeks back.

That's painful yo.

I used to curl around 150, and I started off low with high reps, 35, got back up to 100, 15,12,10 reps, now I'm supposed to wait another month before I start back up again.

I'll probably hold off a little longer, Cuz I can't have one arm out of service this long again.

I'd forgotten this thread. I picked up a used Bowflex Extreme2 for $300 on Labor Day weekend from my best friend's brother-in-law's son-in-law. My wife has wanted one for years. Turns out I'm the one who has gone hardcore into it.

I've used it 2 days on, one day off since then in conjunction with GNC Wheybolic Power protein for recovery as well as taking CLA and Quercetin supplements as directed (my wife runs a health food store) and I've added almost three inches to my biceps and am feeling great.

As a side note, anyone else here drink FRS? I've been a fan of it for a while.

I started lifting regularly again, and I strained my bicep a few weeks back.

That's painful yo.

I used to curl around 150, and I started off low with high reps, 35, got back up to 100, 15,12,10 reps, now I'm supposed to wait another month before I start back up again.

I'll probably hold off a little longer, Cuz I can't have one arm out of service this long again.

I don't envy you. That had to hurt something fierce. Hope you have a swift and full recovery.

I don't envy you. That had to hurt something fierce. Hope you have a swift and full recovery.

Ha.it doesnt feel good, thanks for the well wishes, and congrats on sticking to an exercise schedule, its amazing how much better you feel after you've stuck with it for a month or so.

And I have not tried FRS.

What's in it that makes you a fan of it?

Of is it just another sports drink type deal?

Ha.it doesnt feel good, thanks for the well wishes, and congrats on sticking to an exercise schedule, its amazing how much better you feel after you've stuck with it for a month or so.

And I have not tried FRS.What's in it that makes you a fan of it?

Of is it just another sports drink type deal?

Lots of B vitamins, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, some caffeine, Quercetin, which is an antioxidant (a pretty heavy duty one) that also (off-label) has some anti-histamine properties. About 5-10 min after I drink it, I feel more alert and energized, but not with the typical "jolt" from a typical sports or energy drink. Also, no crash. If you try it, go with the orange flavor, as some of the other favors have artificial sweeteners (wild berry is tolerable) that I can't stand.

Hey guys, do you know any routine I could do to start out at home? I'm a 10 to 8'er and my commute is 'bout 1 1/2 hours each way, so it's a bit hard to go to a gym. It's been a rough year for me, currently I'm in between surgeries so I'm not able to do much. I walk and cycle about 4 miles and stretching exercises daily have been practicing stickhandling and shooting (nights at home or at the park) and a bit of skating and on skates puck control (mostly weekends) I've always been skinny so putting on weight is pretty hard, since my last surgery I've lost about 10 pounds and realized I need to strengthen quite a bit. Any suggestions?

Also Kudos to all of you whom are working out and keeping it up.

Edited by NerveDamage

I've been using the Bowflex since Labor Day pretty faithfully (2 days on, one day off for recovery). It still works well for me. I started with 80 lbs resistance per side, now I'm up to 135 lbs resistance per side (so the pull down bar or double arm exercises are 270 lbs resistance). My weight has remained static, but I've lost an inch off my waist and my chest and arms are noticeably showing more muscle mass and definition.

If anyone has suggestions for shredding the abs, let me know (I do ab raises with straps on my pull-up bar). Planks come to mind, but I'm not a big fan of them.

What are you looking to accomplish with your workout, Nerve Damage? You mentioned surgery, so whatever you've had would likely affect what you are able to do, maybe Dumbbells or resistance bands would work for you. Men's Health magazine is a good source for workout ideas, they should have some things on their website as well.

I've been using the Bowflex since Labor Day pretty faithfully (2 days on, one day off for recovery). It still works well for me. I started with 80 lbs resistance per side, now I'm up to 135 lbs resistance per side (so the pull down bar or double arm exercises are 270 lbs resistance). My weight has remained static, but I've lost an inch off my waist and my chest and arms are noticeably showing more muscle mass and definition.

If anyone has suggestions for shredding the abs, let me know (I do ab raises with straps on my pull-up bar). Planks come to mind, but I'm not a big fan of them.

What are you looking to accomplish with your workout, Nerve Damage? You mentioned surgery, so whatever you've had would likely affect what you are able to do, maybe Dumbbells or resistance bands would work for you. Men's Health magazine is a good source for workout ideas, they should have some things on their website as well.

Thanks for the reply. Because of the surgeries it's hard to do push ups or exercises in which I lay facing down. I think you're right on point with the dumbbells and resistance bands. I've found some routines by Steven Wong from Wongmania and the guys from Hockey Training on youtube and think I'll start from there. Just wanted to check if all of you guys hit the gym or have a more at home workout routines.

Thanks for the reply. Because of the surgeries it's hard to do push ups or exercises in which I lay facing down. I think you're right on point with the dumbbells and resistance bands. I've found some routines by Steven Wong from Wongmania and the guys from Hockey Training on youtube and think I'll start from there. Just wanted to check if all of you guys hit the gym or have a more at home workout routines.

I work out at home. No gym in my small town, not worth the 35 minute drive to go to the nearest one that is good. I get up about a hour early and do my workout, catching up on the news on my iPad between sets.

I work out at home. No gym in my small town, not worth the 35 minute drive to go to the nearest one that is good. I get up about a hour early and do my workout, catching up on the news on my iPad between sets.

I think waking up earlier and workout at home might be the best option for me as well, since I'm practicing shooting and stickhandling at night in a nearby park ( I built myself a pvc hockey goal, got a sports radar, plus my sticks, pucks, green biscuits... and been having a lot of fun). And would rather spend my money on some training equipment rather than shell out on a gym membership.

You can get a pretty reasonable gym membership for not much money. Most fitness centers/gyms, even the most basic, have pretty much anything you'd need. No need to go for places that have tons of machines that you'd spend hours looking at trying to figure out how to use. Basic strength equipment and good cardio.

Dropped about 15 pounds due to lack of workout since September. Planning on hitting the gym again in two weeks or so. Kept up playing hockey though so the cardio is still intact.

Last summer I did a workout designed by Jim Stoppani really loved it.

Edited by kickazz

Just returning from meniscus surgery 3 weeks ago. Had 3 skating sessions this week before they stopped the ice fridge - so it's inline time.

Recently told that I will be playing division 1 hockey next season if I keep training hard to get the knee fully operational. That's not an issue, I work out daily and rehab is no different. Knee feels really good, all things considering. I played division 2 hockey all last season with a ruptured meniscus.

And to fully tie to the subject, as long as I skate, inline etc weight control is easy, it burns so much that I can eat myself full without gaining. Lesson is, do something you Like, whatever that is and you'll burn. Add to that serious weight lifting.

For those wondering, the leagues in Sweden goes like this: SHL(highest of course), Allsvenskan, Div1, Div2 etc up to Div 7. I'd like to see me playing in Allsvenskan if I can sustain fitness pressure upwards.

Here we go again ladies, my second inline skate of the day. My meniscus surgery recovery is coming on nicely.

Btw almost all my inline skating sessions are on a dried up rink, outdoors. Been thinking about more freestyle/street but this way I can play train position and transitions. And backwards skate full stride without worries of stones etc.

Any freestyle inliners in here?

Edited by Jacksoni