• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#861 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Last week I watched a very good documentary. Everyone should check it out. It's call Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It's about going on a juice fast for 61 days. I haven't started the fasting but the guy who was on the film weighed in at 305 and lost up to 79 lbs in 61 days just by drinking juice. I started to try some of the stuff he had on the film and it's pretty good!

#862 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,528 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I saw that, it was horrifying.  Juicing isn't for everyone, but if you're gonna die anyway, it's worth a try!   I think, like you said, you can take ideas from the documentary and fit it into your own routine.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#863 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

I saw that, it was horrifying.  Juicing isn't for everyone, but if you're gonna die anyway, it's worth a try!   I think, like you said, you can take ideas from the documentary and fit it into your own routine.

I am not at the point I need to have my stomach tied off. But with my frame and build I could stand to lose around 20 to 30 lbs. It's just since my Marine Corps days I can't spend as much time as I would like in the gym. I want go get healthier but my job and kids prevent that. I want to make the change and I have. So far I lost up to 5lbs this week and my energy level is very high. Still need to workout more but I have started by hitting the rink more. 

#864 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

I am not at the point I need to have my stomach tied off. But with my frame and build I could stand to lose around 20 to 30 lbs. It's just since my Marine Corps days I can't spend as much time as I would like in the gym. I want go get healthier but my job and kids prevent that. I want to make the change and I have. So far I lost up to 5lbs this week and my energy level is very high. Still need to workout more but I have started by hitting the rink more. 

No excuses.

#865 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I know it can seem difficult, but I'd encourage you to read up on "Fit Mom" Maria Kang. 

wlocmjq2qmsk02ly53cf.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#866 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Chest and biceps today, what about everyone else? 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#867 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,528 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I just do the best I can.  Work out 5-6 days a week. 

I am still going to compete again in the http://afmfittest.com/ May 31st.  So what if everyone laughs at me?  I'll never see any of them again...I am competing with myself.  Last year I had two other ladies in my age group.  This year, I may be alone. 

No.  I don't look like Fit Mom.  Never did and never will... Fit Mom is not a good representation of women I know, including myself... she's half my age, to begin with.  Whatever.  I don't let what other people think I SHOULD look like stop me from trying and working hard.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#868 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

Tip of the day - for those looking to burn maximum body fat, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body will use your stored body fat as fuel.

#869 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Anyone hitting the iron today?

#870 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

Well??

#871 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,528 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

yes, of course.   Workout, baybee!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#872 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

Good to hear! 

I hope I'm not the only one regularly posting in here, let's go LGW folks!! 

#873 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,528 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

I still go to the gym pretty much every day.  It's my happy place and keeps me from murdering my coworkers and clients.  ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#874 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Then keep at it, your co-workers will appreciate that! 

What's everyones chief forms of cardio? 

#875 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Never posted in here before, but decided to stop with the excuses and get healthier back in late April. Bought a Fitbit and have been committed day-in and day-out since. Down almost 30lbs so far and averaging over 5 miles per day. Upping that over the summer to 7-10mi/day as long as the legs can take it. (So far, so good!)

I had the "I work too much" and "too hard with the kids" excuses for the longest time. Changed that by getting up prior to dawn in the spring and getting in 5 miles before work. If the evening schedule works out, it's 4-5 more miles.

#876 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,528 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

do you like the fitbit, Matt?  I have been thinking about getting one.   I am very active - today is my 7th anniversary with my trainer at the gym.  It might be fun to see exactly how much I really do, running around like the hyperactive old lady that I am. 

Congratulations on all your hard work, very proud of you!  :yahoo:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#877 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

Who is gonna hit the gym today?

#878 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

I love the Fitbit, actually. It's the primary reason this has worked so well. I'm down 42 pounds now, and getting close to the goal -- want to hit the gym and build up muscle mass as the weather starts to cool. (That and adding equipment in the basement.)

The Fitbit + syncing with MyFitnessPal (watch calorie intake) and MapMyFitness is FANTASTIC. Can't recommend it enough. Has made this process tremendously easy.

#879 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

I love the Fitbit, actually. It's the primary reason this has worked so well. I'm down 42 pounds now, and getting close to the goal -- want to hit the gym and build up muscle mass as the weather starts to cool. (That and adding equipment in the basement.)

The Fitbit + syncing with MyFitnessPal (watch calorie intake) and MapMyFitness is FANTASTIC. Can't recommend it enough. Has made this process tremendously easy.

Nice work! Way to go Matt, that is actually quite inspiring to read.

Posted Image

#880 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

Chest/triceps/forearms today. What about everyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users