• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Islanders' Ice Girls claim abuse by Rangers

Rate this topic

Wow, Avery cursed at the ice girls? How very out-of character for him. These ice girls cannot take no for an answer though. Are they secretly being paid under the table to ruin the opposing teams crese and distract the goalie? I think they should learn to ask the goalies to clean it first. I don't know about other stadiums but I'm pretty sure in Ottawa they only clean infront of the doors to the ice and the side of the nets (I might be wrong tho, can't remeber).

I agree that the ice girls should leave and that they are annoying as hell, but that in no way gives the players a right to do what they did. Let the annoying chicks do their job and thats that. No need for the players to be a bunch of jackasses.

I agree, it's very retarded. I didn't like this quote from the NHL though:

"We were made aware of the situation right after the game in question," NHL executive vice president Colin Campbell told TSN. "We investigated it, talked with the officials and both teams and we determined there were no grounds to pursue it any further. It's a closed matter as far as we are concerned. We don't have to respond to what's in today's newspapers because we've already responded to it."

I guess it's the last line though. "We don't have to respond to ..." -- well, okay, fine, but if you were so sure you handled it fairly then why are you so defensive? I haven't read much about it myself though.

."<--- that was the best part. She alleges, yet she never really saw someone spit on her. Could perhaps it have been that she got wet because she was indeed on ice- whish is in fact, water...... but if a player did spit, than that is just pure immaturity.

Yeah, that pesky ice surface decided it didn't want none of that squeegee goodness and launched it back! Four feet loogies from frozen water ain't bad, right? :rolleyes:

The Rangers are only two points ahead of Montreal for a playoff spot, and tied with Tampa Bay. If this distraction caused by the so-called incidents with the Ice Girls costs the team a playoff slot*, I bet that's the last you'll see of them. Even if the officials did determine there were no grounds to pursue anything, it's still a poorly timed decision by these young ladies to complain now.

Timing is everything in life, and this is not the time for something this minor, if anything actually did happen. Stay home and leave the players alone, and maybe they won't curse or spit on you, ladies. :yowza:

*edit: on further, not-very-deep reflection, it could cost them positioning, rather than the playoffs, but perhaps you get my drift. Unnecessary distraction, one way or the other...

Edited by puckloo39

I think it's funny how much grief the ice sweeping girls seem to get in these threads.

They're not even cheerleaders really. At least they serve some purpose, even if they are dressed like Hooters girls.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread about them, I don't know if they still do, but the Red Wings used to have somewhat scantily clad girls leading fans out in between periods for Score-O, when they were giving away cars.

I have about 237 dirty jokes going through my head right now that could be directly dedicated to this topic. :P . I really can't wait for the playoffs to start because we have dedicated 2 pages to a thread about some useless puck bunnies. Good comedy though.. I can't say I didn' read pretty much every post in these two pages. It's obvious what the NHL is trying to do with these intelligent :lol: attractive young ladies skating with their shovels but I think with the incidents that have happened or have supposedtly happened it may be time to get them off the ice!!

Does this "spitting incident" remind anyone of an episode of Seinfeld with Keith Hernandez? :lol:

I'm going to go with the second spitter theory.

June 14, 1987. Mets-Phillies. Hernandez makes a crucial error in the ninth that cost the Mets the game.......

:)

All of a sudden, my back got wet," Benson told Newsday. "I believe one of the Rangers players who was sitting along the wall spit on my back. It had to be on purpose because I wasn't directly in front of anyone to spit and not realize I was there."<--- that was the best part. She alleges, yet she never really saw someone spit on her. Could perhaps it have been that she got wet because she was indeed on ice- whish is in fact, water...... but if a player did spit, than that is just pure immaturity.

Haha, seriously hockey is played on ice, which can potentially get you a little damp. Why would she assume it was a Rangers player, does she think the entire ranger team has a vendetta against her? Around the Horn on ESPN just covered this, they were debating a fine for Lunquist for his treatment towards the ice girl. Some dude was like enter his crease at your own risk. I don't think Lunquist should have touched her or anything, but I don't think girls in skimpy outfits should be on the ice either.

Those Ice Girls need to go and the job should be given to kids 12-15 years old.

I don't know, Avery would probably still spit on the kids :P No, i'm joking, but I agree that it should probably be a job for younger kids

An interview with an ice girl:

"Something your fellow Ice Girls don't know about you: I can out eat anyone on the team"

I got that mixed up for a second. :blush:

Ahahaha yeah I had to read it twice. I was like "WHAT!!?? AWESOME!!!" Then I was like "ohhh... fat ass..."

I don't know, Avery would probably still spit on the kids :P No, i'm joking, but I agree that it should probably be a job for younger kids

I seriously bet Avery would spit on little kids. Avery to little kid: "Hey you little ******* piece of ****. Do your damn job right you ******* idiot!" :D

Responses to this thread are the ultimate "is the poster male or female?" litmus test. I can tell who the men are and who the women are just by the replies.

:)

I am female, and don't appreciate the dumbing down of the game I love by cheap tricks and gimmicks intended to attract fans who don't necessarily show up for the hockey game. That trend just happens to include half-nekkid girls wielding shovels and buckets, out there pestering the goalies.

Interestingly, most of my male friends who also love hockey, also don't like the ice girl thing. My male hockey friends are over the age of 15, however, so that might make a difference. ;)

I am female, and don't appreciate the dumbing down of the game I love by cheap tricks and gimmicks intended to attract fans who don't necessarily show up for the hockey game. That trend just happens to include half-nekkid girls wielding shovels and buckets, out there pestering the goalies.

Interestingly, most of my male friends who also love hockey, also don't like the ice girl thing. My male hockey friends are over the age of 15, however, so that might make a difference. ;)

I wholeheartedly agree.

The shootout must go. :P

Honestly I think the ice scraping girls (or whatever they're called) is pretty cheesy. Just send an arena guy out there to do it. It's just funny to me how irritated some people (females *cough*) seemed to be by their very presence.

Guest LivingtheDream

So harsh. Everyone knows that statistis prove that being an Ice Girl leads to achieving a masters or PhD level education followed by a successful career in academia, research or aeronautical engineering.