No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jdog21

Osgood

Rate this topic

Two words.

High glove side.

Ok, that's three.

Watch his shootouts. Almost every goal that is scored on him is the same thing. High glove side. Scorers know how to beat him.

He does the same thing. Drops to his knees on every shot in a shoot-out. They go high glove side, they beat him.

It's a fact. Watch the games.

In a regular game when he gets support, he plays very well. When it's one on one, he's beatable.

Need proof?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/photo?slug=c1b...107&prov=ap

Almost every shootout goal he's given up has been carbon copy of this.

But yes, I like Ozzie. He just has to stay on his feet on occassion. Butterfly isn't always the answer.

Can you name a goalie that always stops top shelf/high glove? I don't think so. That is by far the most difficult shot to save. It may look easy as you watch it, but it's almost impossible unless you get lucky a few times here and there or if the shot isn't a very good one.

Can you name a goalie that always stops top shelf/high glove? I don't think so. That is by far the most difficult shot to save. It may look easy as you watch it, but it's almost impossible unless you get lucky a few times here and there or if the shot isn't a very good one.

Being a goalie (and not anywhere near an NHL calibre one, just a beer league schlub) I can say that almost every shooter expects a goalie to do down in a butterfly because almost all of them do.

Hence, the high glove side shot most of the time.

Osgood does it on almost every single shoot-out shot.

He's too predictable in that scenario.

If he were to, once in a while, stay on his feet when he challenges a shooter, he'd get scored on less glove side high.

Edited by Oddzilla51

Apparently what other teams fans say about us is true. You guys are all classless and big Mo's for running your traps over a computer screen. If you don't know how to read or have a short attention span i said i would have rather kept Legace than Osgood. Never said anything about having only Hasek with NHL experience. As for Osgood someone said he was good one time. YEAH AT ONE TIME HE WAS GOOD. not anymore though. He is giving up a lot of garbage goals and i think he needs to go. Oh and don't worry i will be the first to laugh and stick my finger in your face when the wings are 1 and done ONCE AGAIN

Even if we do lose in the first round...How is this Osgood's fault? He's the backup. If were classless fans, at least we know a little about hockey..I'd rather be smart and classless than Classy and ignorant/stupid.