• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Avs still alive..

Rate this topic

The Avs beat the Nucks tonight getting 93 points.

Flames were down 4-1 in the third with 6 minutes left and scored two goals, but couldn't get the tying goal.

Shocking that the Avs are still much in it but they really do need everything going for them the rest of the way out. They both have two games left. Avs vs. Preds and Flames vs. Oilers on Saturday, THEN for the season finale they face each other. Imagine if the Avs win against the Preds, and the Oilers beat the Flames. Avs with 95 points, Flames with 96 and so whoever wins the game on Sunday would make the 8th spot. Now that would be EXCITING!!!!

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Guest Agalloch

Would it be exciting? Sure. But it won't happen, because it would have to involve the Oilers winning. They're 1-17 in their last eighteen.

But, we do have one game that will decide the eighth seed in the East: MTL vs. TOR. Should be great.

It really sucks that the 2nd to last games favor Calgary. The Oilers are a walkover, but you never know. I could see Calgary bombing against the oil, the Avs beating the Preds, and then Colorado taking it all in the last game.

Would it be exciting? Sure. But it won't happen, because it would have to involve the Oilers winning. They're 1-17 in their last eighteen.

But, we do have one game that will decide the eighth seed in the East: MTL vs. TOR. Should be great.

1 & 17?! DAMN! I didn't know they were THAT bad.

we do have one game that will decide the eighth seed in the East: MTL vs. TOR. Should be great.

I can't wait for that game on CBC come Saturday. The Isles are only 2 pts out wit an extra game so it's going to be awesome this weekend.

I dislike him as well, but would love to have him on our team. I don't really dislike Ales or Fernando..it's moreso of the series last season that I have not forgot about.

yeah, torres is def one of those hate him while he pounds you, love him when he works for you kind of guys

Man, it would be incredible if this came down to the photo finish. But like it was mentioned, the Oilers... are Calgary's ticket into the playoffs.

If the Oilers play a freak, gods-ordained game to deliver holy wrath on the Flames and make them suffer, I'd be searching all over the internet to find a feed for Sunday's Avs vs. Calgary match-up. What an incredible finish to the season that'd be!

The Oilers right now are just terrible, many key injuries and the rest of the team just isn't trying. 1-17 in last 18 and I'd bet their goals per game average in the last 20 is about 1.20 or so..but you never know, it is a rivalry matchup and I'm sure Edmonton would LOVE to knock Calgary out of the Playoffs...unless they really are diving for that bottom 5

Imagine if the Avs win against the Preds, and the Oilers beat the Flames. Avs with 95 points, Flames with 96 and so whoever wins the game on Sunday would make the 8th spot. Now that would be EXCITING!!!!

I love these little pre-playoff races for the last seeds! Oh yeah, the whole Montreal/Toronto/Islanders race is exciting, but the Flames/Avs one has really been overlooked. Hejduk scores all 3 goals tonight...reminds me of Sundin scoring 4 in a game at this time last season, just as the Leafs were about to be eliminated.

I wonder what matchup you guys and gals would prefer? At first glance, I'd say the Avs would be the "better" match, but they are on a hot streak...and the Flames just can't seem to clinch a spot.

However....Kipper in playoff mode vs. Budaj..... :crazy:

Ok, hopefully the Avs can pull this off :lol:

The Oilers wouldn't want it any other way. A battle of Alberta to try and keep the Flames from the playoffs? You better believe they'll be up for that game. They'll throw everything they've got at Calgary. That's a game I'd love to see. I personally hope that's how it pans out, too. I wish it came down to games like this more often for bubble teams.

The game will be on CBC and I cannot wait!

I really think the Avs are going to beat the Preds Saturday. You gotta think since the Preds already know where they stand and that points don't matter that they won't play their best while the Avs are playing for dear life. Saturday is going to be on excitng day in hockey!

The game will be on CBC and I cannot wait!

I really think the Avs are going to beat the Preds Saturday. You gotta think since the Preds already know where they stand and that points don't matter that they won't play their best while the Avs are playing for dear life. Saturday is going to be on excitng day in hockey!

It matters some. If the Sharks win their last game and Nashville loses theirs, San Jose will move into the #4 spot because they will win the tiebreaker. I don't think Nashville wants to lose home ice advantage in the 1st round.

It matters some. If the Sharks win their last game and Nashville loses theirs, San Jose will move into the #4 spot because they will win the tiebreaker. I don't think Nashville wants to lose home ice advantage in the 1st round.

Ahh true! Didn't even think of that.

I don't see the Avs cracking the 8 seed, but if they do it will be one hell of an accomplishment. FYI: They are 14-1-2 since February 27th, which means they've earned 30 of a possible 34 points in that span.

Imagine if they had turned it on just two weeks earlier.

I'm glad they didn't! :sly:

I don't see the Avs cracking the 8 seed, but if they do it will be one hell of an accomplishment. FYI: They are 14-1-2 since February 27th, which means they've earned 30 of a possible 34 points in that span.

Imagine if they had turned it on just two weeks earlier.

I'm glad they didn't! :sly:

I honestly don't care whether it's the Avs or Flames that we get in the playoffs, but man would it be exciting to have it all come down to Sunday with those two teams!

I honestly don't care whether it's the Avs or Flames that we get in the playoffs, but man would it be exciting to have it all come down to Sunday with those two teams!

That would be awesome! A one game playoff for who gets the eight seed. What would make it even more interesting is that the Avalanche could possibly pull a Mighty Ducks (the movie) and pull their goalie in the third if they're tied. If the Flames lose in regulation tomorrow, the Avs need the regulation win to move on. Scratch that. It would only be necessary if Colorado were to lose in OT/SO tomorrow.

I agree that I don't care if we get the Avs or Flames, but even though the rivalry is dead, it sure would be funny to see the Colorado blow it on the last day of the season after all this work! D*mn I'm mean! :lol:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I agree that I don't care if we get the Avs or Flames, but even though the rivalry is dead, it sure would be funny to see the Colorado blow it on the last day of the season after all this work! D*mn I'm mean! :lol:

OUCH. That would be awful. Poor Avs. :lol: