• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

Thoughts heading into playoffs

Rate this topic

Don't know if anyone from Nashville has said it yet but....ugg.....hold on....ummm....congratulations on winning the central... AGAIN.

Damn you w****!!!

Hope you guys, and us guys, are healthy come the 11th and good luck to ya. Hopfully we meet in the CF.

Guest Tunbo Batman

about cnadian fans : they are way way way overrated. they jump on and off of bandwagons real easy. juste remember game 7 CAL/ANA last year. The Saddledome was a MAUSOLEUM (thats a giant tomb, meaning it waas dead silent) because the team wasnt ahead. just take them out of the game with stilfling defense and puck possession, or at best a goal, and they WILL STFU.

#1 thought: we really out-performed what we were supposed to do this season. whats to think that that trend wont continue in the playoffs. People we have a fantastic team here, we have the best team in the league here. no worries. hakuna matata baby!

my 2 cents

I'm glad we are going into the playoffs with Dom in net, I have a feeling he will steal at least 3 games himself. If Hank is able to play anywhere close to how he was before the injury and Dats finds the back of the net our first line will be solid. If Lazy and Sucks decides to stop sucking and Calder lights a fire under his ass they should be able to lighten the load on #1's back. IF Bert plays like the Bert of old there shouldn't be any liberties taken towards our top guys. D, we have Lids, need I say more?

I haven't seen a playoff game in person in 3 years and I really want to use my vacation to spend a week in big D, around the middle of June sounds good.

All these injuries we hear of now shouldn't really alarm anybody. Just about anybody will have the nicks and bruises type injury after playing a full season of hockey games at a professional level. I have little doubt that everybody will be playing when the playoffs start, that includes Zetterberg.

I just read now that Datsyuk re-signed for multiple years. I think this is good. Some may say he has all this pressure on him now even more, but I see it differently. He knows he will be with the Wings for the next few years now, he's probably a happy camper right now, so I say the pressure is off for him and he can play loose and relaxed.

I'm tired of everybody fearing to play Calgary. Every team in the WC is capable of making a deep run, every matchup will be a challenge for all teams 1-8, so I just say screw it and let's play some hockey.

Will I be surprised if the Wings get eliminated in the first round? Nope. Will I be surprised if they don't? Not at all either, because that's their job to go deep in the playoffs.

Cautious optimism this way.

I have a number of concerns going into the playoffs that I was wondering if any of you are sharing with me.

1) We have a great team, but have they played together long enough? I really wish Kenny would have made the Calder deal in the beginning of the season for the team chemistry. Bert hasn't played much either and we have not had the entire team healthy yet. Have they even put together our 2nd line w/ bert calder and lang with z being out? I dont think so but I'm not sure. I am concernted we might not have the team chemistry that we usually have going into the playoffs.

2) We're playing a canadian team in the first round. I hate playing canadian teams because of a. the travel and b. the fans are crazy. Playing in Calgary will be very tough, especially because they're so good at home. Their fans will be going nuts and will try to rally their team.

Things to be happy about going into the playoffs...

1) It looks like everyone will be healthy and ready to go for Game 1. Thats a good sign.

2) It also seems that Nashville is going to play the Sharks in the first round. This is gonna be one hell of a series and I can't wait to see it. Also, this means one powerhouse team in the west will get knocked out in the first round. I'm rootin for the preds personally, but only cuz we're 6-1-1 against them :P

I don't really know what the point of this post was, I guess I'm just bored but im excited playoffs are coming!

Some of my concerns:

1. Zetterberg. He is a very key part to our success. We need him going 100% strong along with Pavel. And this back injury wont seem to just go away. But I have a sneaky suspision the Wings are just being extra cautious, and he will be ready to go for game 1. Still, it worries me a lot.

2. Calgary. It seems we are going to play them in the first round, and this scares the crap out of me. Since Calgary is not so good on the road, we MUST win every home game. Playing in their building is going to be very tough, they are very good at home and the Canada fans are NUTS of course.