• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Montreal or Toronto

Rate this topic

I have no idea where to start here, but I had to make this thread. Tomorrow is going to be the most exciting night of hockey in a long time. Montreal is one point ahead of Toronto for the 8th spot, and they play each other in Toronto. That is about as sweet as it gets.

Toronto needs to win in regulation to get the eighth spot and make it into the playoffs. And, as was discussed by Ken Daniels last night, this means that if it is tied going into the last minute or two of the third period, Toronto will have to pull their goalie. Personally, as much as it is wishful thinking to have things fall into place like this, a Detroit-Toronto Finals would be the greatest series of my life. I want Toronto to win this game so bad, and I think they will. Go Leafs.

IPB Image

:siren:

Edited by Herr Hockey

i'm not ruling out the islanders, but i think it'll be Toronto..

can't see them losing at home, and i can't see the islanders beating the devils on sunday

desn't matter anyway. as none of them have any chance against the sabres

Take that God damned logo out of this thread. I hope the game goes to OT and the Leafs fail to make the playoffs. So I can hear all these IDIOTS in Toronto say "we got screwed!"

GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

i'm not ruling out the islanders, but i think it'll be Toronto..

can't see them losing at home, and i can't see the islanders beating the devils on sunday

desn't matter anyway. as none of them have any chance against the sabres

The Devils will be resting come Sunday, which could open the door for the Isles. They already have the two seed locked up, so they have no reason to risk injury.

I'd rather see both off. however, Montreal deserves it more to be off. I can't stand how Carbonneau and his staff ruin yet another career (Samsonov, couple of years ago it was Czerkawski) and put the blame on those. get f* real pricks and start thinking in term of team success not well-being of French-Canadian players :(

I'll go with Montreal. They are in the drivers seat. I think the game will go into OT, or it will be tied late and Toronto has to pull their goalie and lose by 1. I'll also pick the Canadiens because Raycroft has played something like 34 of their last 35 games for the Leafs and is very inconsistant. Monteal's goaltending is solid.

You should see it around here, the Toronto media and fans are treating this 8th spot like it's the Stanley Cup. I'm very sick of hearing about it to be honest, but I'll still watch the game. Whoever get's this 8th spot will be beaten by Buffalo in 5 games, so it's not a big deal.

I guess the owners want it because it means atleast 2 more home gates.

They are both bad teams, so the better goaltender is going to win on saturday night, it should be a great game, and I hate to predict that the Habs are going to win.

Speaking of goaltending, who starts for MTL? Halak got yanked against NYR and Huet finished the game after a long injury layoff. My money's on the Canadiens if Huet's playing, Raycroft has been average for Toronto and that should tip the scales the Habs way...ought to be an interesting first round with Buffalo/Montreal.

Speaking of goaltending, who starts for MTL? Halak got yanked against NYR and Huet finished the game after a long injury layoff. My money's on the Canadiens if Huet's playing, Raycroft has been average for Toronto and that should tip the scales the Habs way...ought to be an interesting first round with Buffalo/Montreal.

Montreal would get smoked... and yet so will the Leafs and Islander!

Ohh well GO LEAFS GO!

Guest Tunbo Batman

id like NYI to make it because both of the other teams are SO pathethic. when your ultimate goal in life is that the other teams lose so you can cling to that 8th spot in the Weak Conference, you suck.