• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Datsyuk Signs 7-year, $46.9M Contract Extension

Rate this topic

That's what I sayd last night ! But my topic was moved to the rumors :angry:

Sorry about that -- moderators are instructed to move threads that don't cite a source to the "Rumors" forum. My only suggestion that would've prevented it moving would've been to elaborate a bit so everyone knows your connection to Datsyuk (i.e., I manage his official web site, he's a friend, etc.)

Obviously, your connection with him far surpasses what even the local media has. (I didn't see your original thread and I didn't move it.)

BTW -- thank you for the heads-up! LGW had it FIRST! :lol:

Because unless it's official via radio, tv, or a link then it's considered a 'rumor.'

Well, now you know, that is as close to "official" as it gets! :thumbup:

Great to hear!

AM 1270 thinks signing him right now is the wrong thing to do...Great Move I think!

I actually agree and see where Doug is coming from with what he says. I just kinda wanted the pressure on Dats to perform at his best in the playoffs to earn the stay with the Wings. But whatever..signing him is great regardless.

How many 1st line centers in his age bracket do you get for under 5.5M?

none, but whatevr we pay Datsyuk we'll have to pay Z in 2 years..

i HATE the cap..

i miss the days we could pay a goalie 8 mill a year to be our backup

The way I see it, signing him right now provides even more incentive for him to do well in playoffs. This will take a lot of weight off of his and the organization's shoulders going into the playoffs with all the uncertainty surrounding the situation. Good for the team and good for Dats, he's earned it with his play this year without Hank in the lineup, and I think he'll have a solid playoff campaign.

Obviously, your connection with him far surpasses what even the local media has. (I didn't see your original thread and I didn't move it.)

BTW -- thank you for the heads-up! LGW had it FIRST! :lol:

This is tru - LGW had it first! You are welcome!

I think this year is different. Pav is all grown up now and is playing great all around hockey. He knows every situation, can play in every situation, and has proven that he can get things done on his own without Hank's help. With Hank back, this will be a dynamite line in the playoffs. In the long run, this is going to be a good move for the wings because they probably got him in the 5.5/6 range, when, if he absolutely went ape s*** in the playoffs, he could have demanded somewhere around 7.