• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shadow47

Hasek is injured?

Rate this topic

So, first it's reported he's being sat to avoid injury, now some reports are his thigh is sore again. I know he got knocked around in the CBJ game. What is the official word on this?

P.S. Anyone think it's deja vu Babs joking about it a la Murray last year in Ottawa (announcing Dom as the starter when he wasn't, etc.)?

So, first it's reported he's being sat to avoid injury, now some reports are his thigh is sore again. I know he got knocked around in the CBJ game. What is the official word on this?

P.S. Anyone think it's deja vu Babs joking about it a la Murray last year in Ottawa (announcing Dom as the starter when he wasn't, etc.)?

Well, Osgood is far more capable of stepping in and suceeding the playoffs than Emery was last year. So if it's deja vu, we're still fine.

Source?

Helene St. James Blog

Helene St. James' blog

Red Wings nursing numerous key injuries

April 6, 2007

For those attempting to keep tally at home, here is an update on every known recent Red Wings injury.

Forward Todd Bertuzzi strained his neck during a collision with Chris Osgood in the first period of Thursday’s 3-2 s...blah blah blah...

here:

Goaltender Dominik Hasek is bothered by the same right thigh soreness that sidelined him three games last month. Babcock said Hasek would practice today, but he won’t play Saturday.

?????????????????????

Other sources:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

They were missing three top players with injuries -- goaltender Dominik Hasek (thigh), defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom (back) and center Henrik Zetterberg (back)-- and lost forward Todd Bertuzzi afte...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...395/1004/SPORTS

Already without Nicklas Lidstrom (lower back), Henrik Zetterberg (inflamed disc) and Niklas Kronwall (sacrum), and with Dominik Hasek (thigh) resting a mild injury, the Wings lost one more key player.

BTW how can the injury be mild if it's become chronic?

Edited by shadow47

bit 'o good news

according to Helene, Dominik, Lids and Bert all practiced this morning. :)

When Helene says, "the fact they are all skating is good" makes me think about Dom almost full out practicing for two rounds of the playoffs and still never playing last year. *sigh* HSJ...

When Helene says, "the fact they are all skating is good" makes me think about Dom almost full out practicing for two rounds of the playoffs and still never playing last year. *sigh* HSJ...

don't give up yet! I haven't and I won't. If anyone is motivated to get through this and be there for the team, it's Dom. He'll play if he's able to, and possibly even if he isn't able.

Frankly, as important as Dom is to the cause, I think Nick may be more critical. Maybe that's just me, though. :unsure: