• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsownNHL

Three star forwards lead to success

Rate this topic

With the exception of our 2002 SC when we we had Shanny, Hull, Robitaille, Yzerman, and Fedorov up front, our runs from 97-01 was powered by Steve Yzerman, Sergei Federov, and Brendan Shanahan up front. These three were the guys that led us to our 97 and 98 cups.

My question to you all is this. If Bertuzzi comes back next year and can return to form as the best power forward in the game, which three players are the better nucleus for a team.

Todd Bertuzzi, Pavel Datsyuk, and Henrik Zetterberg

or

Brendan Shanahan, Sergei Fedorov, and Steve Yzerman

--------------------

My opinion, the edge goes to the 97-98 wings. Sergei in my opinion was the best player in the game back then, Shanny was a dominant powerforward, and of course Yzerman is Yzerman.

97 was 10x bettter.

Yzerman and Fedorov in there primes were twice the players Zetterberg and Datsyuk are.

Shanny and Bertuzzi are about even imo

I agree with Shanny and Bertuzzi being even thing. Although I think Zetterberg and Datsyuk may be closer to Feds and Stevie then we think. I just think Zetterberg, and Datsyuk havent even reached their full potential yet. These two guys could be top 10 players in this league, if they arent already.

Another point is the 97 team had a pretty damn good 4th offensive option in Slava Kozlov. This team doesnt have anyone close to him. Maybe Hudler, Grigorenko, or Filiplulla can step up.

97 was 10x bettter.

Yzerman and Fedorov in there primes were twice the players Zetterberg and Datsyuk are.

Shanny and Bertuzzi are about even imo

I know it's only been 10 years but you can't compare them. The NHL has changed alot since then. It's really all about what Zetts and Dats mean to the team now, and right now they are our Yzerman and Federov.

Guest Agalloch

Three star forwards lead to success? Look at the Lightning. Yes, they're going to make the playoffs again, but because of those three players, they have no room to sign anyone. They have horrible goaltending, horrible defense, and little forward depth. That franchise is in trouble, because there's nothing they can do about those contracts.

And the 97 forwards were definitely better.

Mighty Wings, your sig is bad a$$, Agalloch same to you for the avatar.

I'm with everyone on Bert/Shanny

Imagine if Dats and Feds were together in their primes, there would be end to end rushes topped off with some sick goals every night.

There is no replacing Steve Yzerman, I don't care who you are.

Edited by WingsZR2

Shanny slightly greater than Bert

Zetterberg and Datsyuk at points are capable of Federov's greatest moments, but theres no way any of them are even in the same league as Yzerman, and anyone that thinks differently really needs to watch the 97 98 and 02 playoff championship videos again.