• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wilka91

Do you think the Wings will bring back Fedorov for next year's pla

Rate this topic

If the Jackets won't make the playoffs next year, and we know they won't, do you think the Wings will trade for Fedorov at the deadline? The Jackets will be giving him up for nothing more than future considerations.

Objective opinions please.

If the Jackets won't make the playoffs next year, and we know they won't, do you think the Wings will trade for Fedorov at the deadline? The Jackets will be giving him up for nothing more than future considerations.

Considering that the Jackets would want A LOT more than just future considerations I'm not sure I'd shell out a Keith Tkachuk type deal for him.

No

I don't think that would be necessarily the smartest idea. Feds is getting old and his salary would be very straining on our cap.

Also as mentioned before the Blue Jackets would want a lot for him. Also put into consideration they are in our Division, trades don't usually happen easily between division rivals.

Is he a free agent next year? I will look that up. You know what ... I never wanted him to leave. It was one of three times I was so upset about hockey that I actually shed a tear. But if he were to come back, it would have to be as a smaller role and I dont know if thats what he wants. Our team has been re-established around Zets and now Dats with his new contract. Not too mention with that massive contract, Feds would probably have to come pretty cheap.

Fedorov contract expires at the end of next season, and the Jackets won't bring him back.

So if we do trade for Fedorov, the Jackets will ask for a 4/5th rounder, or future considerations, and the cap hit will be minimal. Less than $1M actually.

I don't think that would be necessarily the smartest idea. Feds is getting old and his salary would be very straining on our cap.

Also as mentioned before the Blue Jackets would want a lot for him. Also put into consideration they are in our Division, trades don't usually happen easily between division rivals.

Fedorov is getting old, but he is still one of the most talented players in the league. His salary wouldn't hurt us much, it would be very close to what we have to pay Bertuzzi this year. However, it does depend on who we sign in the off season, and how much we have to spend.

I do agree the Jackets wouldn't just give him up, he is a much better player than KT, and look what Atlanta gave up for him. Fedorov would help out the Wings immensely.

It's not going to happen.

1. They probably won't trade him within the division.

2. He makes FAR more than he is worth.

3. We are deep at center, even if Lang isn't signed.

4. He whined about being in Yzerman's shadow, how will he feel playing in the shadow of Datsyuk & Zetterberg (and possible Bertuzzi as well if we re-sign him).

We really do not have a need for what Feds can bring to the table at this point. His best days are FAR behind him and we have plenty of other players that already give us everything that he is capable of, for far less money.

Division, sure, but are they rivals? Don't they have to have won something once to be a rival? I mean at least Chicago and St. Louis have been rivals and Nashville is now. I don't know about Columbus though.

Division, sure, but are they rivals? Don't they have to have won something once to be a rival? I mean at least Chicago and St. Louis have been rivals and Nashville is now. I don't know about Columbus though.

Well, I didn't mean that in a literal sense of the old Wing/Av Rivarly, more in a sense that we are in the same division, and we are supposed to be rivals. :lol:

Let me pull my finger out of my throat. If he was free, I'd like to watch him making plays, but he has burned his bridges. We could probably get his dad for free at next years trade deadline.

I hear that the Lions will try to bring back Barry Sanders as well. Isiah Thomas may suite up for the Pistons. Detroit's sports future looks bright. :blink:

His salary wouldn't hurt us much, it would be very close to what we have to pay Bertuzzi this year.

And at this stage in both of their careers, Bertuzzi gives us WAY more than Feds can. It might be different if we didn't have Dats & Hank...

Well, I didn't mean that in a literal sense of the old Wing/Av Rivarly, more in a sense that we are in the same division, and we are supposed to be rivals. :lol:

Right, Columbus isn't content with being sub par in there division so they are less likely to trade away one of the star players to a divison rival like Detroit.

Fedorov contract expires at the end of next season, and the Jackets won't bring him back.

So if we do trade for Fedorov, the Jackets will ask for a 4/5th rounder, or future considerations, and the cap hit will be minimal. Less than $1M actually.

What are you basing this off of? The Blue Jackets will want at very least a 2nd rounder and a good prospect. They have no incentive of just getting rid of him.

Actually, if you do the math, it would cost about $1,408,780.40 to get him. That is taking the same nuber of games at the deadline as we had this year, 19, and multipling it by his per game saalary ($6,080,000 / 82 gives you $74,146.34 per game).

What salary? Fedorov is a UFA after the next year, and if traded on the deadline, his cap hit would be about $1M at most.

EDIT- got beat to the punch. Good job.

Edited by sibiriak

Actually, if you do the math, it would cost about $1,408,780.40 to get him. That is taking the same nuber of games at the deadline as we had this year, 19, and multipling it by his per game saalary ($6,080,000 / 82 gives you $74,146.34 per game).

yeah but we all know that Fedorov, in the playoffs, can make all the difference between a 1st round elimination and a Stanley Cup

If Feds could recognize that he woudn't be the focus of the team, and accept a smaller contract, I would totally bring him back. He still is incredibly talented, and I believe he should be credited as being one of the best clutch-players ever. As far as depth at center goes ... well, after Pav, there is nobody who compares to Feds for talent. (unless we are splttin him a Zets up, then those two guys. But that is one of the great thigns about Feds, he has the talent to play different positions. I am sure in the right system, he still could make an impact. This would all depend on price though.

I'm not at all being mean, but I find it hilarious whenever people consistently think they can drop a nickel and a dime and receive a hundred bucks back. "Oh, yeah, let's shell out Jason Williams and a pick for Fors, that'll do it," or "Tkatchuk? Guerin? Third rounder, baby. Maybe Lilja too."

It's like, come on. Feds may be far from his former self, but even that wouldn't sell so easily.