• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wilka91

Do you think the Wings will bring back Fedorov for next year's pla

Rate this topic

I'm not at all being mean, but I find it hilarious whenever people consistently think they can drop a nickel and a dime and receive a hundred bucks back. "Oh, yeah, let's shell out Jason Williams and a pick for Fors, that'll do it," or "Tkatchuk? Guerin? Third rounder, baby. Maybe Lilja too."

It's like, come on. Feds may be far from his former self, but even that wouldn't sell so easily.

Haha, I know. There were some classic suggestions at deadline. Though, occassionally there is a lop-sided trade, but still, rare.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

i'd take him back but as a defenseman. he could really help our powerplay at the point as well.

i'd take him back but as a defenseman. he could really help our powerplay at the point as well.

I think he's still got the wheels for goal-scoring. Truly, I don't know about his surroundings in Anaheim or Columbus, but I take with the reason that his success hinged on the quality cast he had in Detroit. It's very different now, but I think he'd still be good here. Bert + Sergei + Hudler? Or any equivalent combo? Yeah, sounds good.

At the same time, I'm not sure about bringing back old Wings like Feds or Shanny--as much as I love 'em--simply because they may not have many years left, period. But I'd probably be inclined to take Shanahan quicker than ol' #91 for the all-around play though.

Why would they want him back? He's pretty washed up right now. The only use he'd have is if Kronwall got hurt (again) and he played defense for him.

That being said, he would still be an upgrade over Lang.

Is he a free agent next year? I will look that up. You know what ... I never wanted him to leave. It was one of three times I was so upset about hockey that I actually shed a tear. But if he were to come back, it would have to be as a smaller role and I dont know if thats what he wants. Our team has been re-established around Zets and now Dats with his new contract. Not too mention with that massive contract, Feds would probably have to come pretty cheap.

...I would want him back in a second! He should have never been allowed to leave (it that were possible to stop) But commenting on your re-established statement, Fedorov would do nothing but make Dats & Zets even better, along with re-establishing his offensive career. He can still fly, he can still score, he still has unbelievable moves. He is just on the wrong team. He would and could come in and be put on a wing with Dats or Zets, or keep those two together and he could be second line center. I, for one, hope it happens. And yes he will be a UFA in 2008. And I think he may re-sign for a hefty paycut to finish his career "home." (and the chance to win again)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Why would they want him back? He's pretty washed up right now. The only use he'd have is if Kronwall got hurt (again) and he played defense for him.

That's the rumor, but I don't believe it. His stats over his whole career really aren't super impressive, minus the '93-'94 season, but I think he could return to a good form with the Wings. Even at age 37.

I wouldn't take him unless it were for a discount though. And with Dats' massive contract he got, we still have to juggle the contracts of Z in a year or two along with other guys.

That being said, he would still be an upgrade over Lang.

Kronwall is injury prone. It's not if he gets injured, rather when.

If the Wings had a legitament shot at getting him, they would. He is the most versatile player in the game, period. Seriously, let's but Pav on D and see how well he does. Of Nick at center. No one is a more complete player than Fedorov.

I laugh when I read that Fedorov's sucess was because of his surrounding cast. Who did he have in 93-94 (statisticly his best year)? Dino? Kozlov? Chiasson? Probert? Burr? Sheppard? Yeah, that's right, he put up 120 points with them. You are right. It must have been all of Dino's great passes. And Probie burring all those passes from Fedorov. The guy was simply the best player on our team. No questions.