• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Wings clinch No. 1 Seed in West

Rate this topic

The Wings have earned themselves one of the toughest matchups in the 1st round for all their hard work. We should find out quite a bit about this team over the next couple of weeks.

So this means we get Calgary in the first round, barring a mini-miracle by Colorado, right?

Not sure how I feel about this. I realize the Flames aren't the same team we faced in 2004, but the Wings have a tendency to get opposing goalies on a hot streak for whatever reason. And I'd rather not face a hot Mikka Kiprusoff.

But playoff matchups aside, it is pretty satisfying to again find ourselves on top of the West. The departures of Shanny and Stevie didn't slow us down at all.

Guest Agalloch

Looks like we may not get fifty wins, then. Although, I guess the Griffins roster is capable of beating the Blackhawks, since they themselves are an AHL team.

Give Howard a start. :huh:

I hope it's not too late for the Wings to call up a few Griffs and rest some of their key guys? Especially now that we clinched.

Maybe they'll still want to clinch the Presidents' Trophy.

Guest Agalloch

Maybe they'll still want to clinch the Presidents' Trophy.

Unless the Flyers beat the Sabres, that isn't possible.

So this means we get Calgary in the first round, barring a mini-miracle by Colorado, right?

Not sure how I feel about this. I realize the Flames aren't the same team we faced in 2004, but the Wings have a tendency to get opposing goalies on a hot streak for whatever reason. And I'd rather not face a hot Mikka Kiprusoff.

It's probably the hardest matchup they could have drawn. I'd honestly rather play San Jose.

However, if the Wings prevail, it will make them that much better for have beaten a tough, battle-tested team: Similar to the 97 and 98 Cup runs where we had to go through those tough St.Louis teams early.

I'd like to see Liv play since he's already been called up.

i was just at the griffins game, and he was dressed as backup. I dunno if they will do the up/down/up thing. I may be wrong.

yea, great, WC champs....woopti doo...the only thing that matters is the cup....

Yeah well it's quite a nice accomplishment seeing as how everyone and their mother predicted failure for the Wings this season, and said they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

nice to see our boys upon their rightful perch atop the standings. :cool:

i don't think we have much chance at the president's, but that's okay.

well, the wings will be tested the first round, that's for sure. that's okay, a tough first round is good to season the boys for a long run. :thumbup:

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

yea, great, WC champs....woopti doo...the only thing that matters is the cup....

Given the contrast of our road record with our home record, I'm a little bit happier knowing that we have guaranteed home ice advantage all the way up to the Stanley Cup Final. I realize, however, that streaks like these don't always carry into the post-season.

Guest Agalloch

So, if the Wings win the Cup, who's your darkhorse for the Conn Smythe?

I'll go with Mr. Lazy and Sucksâ„¢ himself.