• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Wings clinch No. 1 Seed in West

Rate this topic

Yep, agreed. Not to say the road to the Cup is going to be pothole-free (I mean, after all it is spring and it's Michigan) but this is one of those if they can get past the first round, they have a good chance of going all the way. The first round builds character, especially when playing an opponent like Calgary.

Hopefully Calgary will continue to be as horrible at home in the playoffs as they have been in the regular season. ;)

Guest Agalloch

Yep, agreed. Not to say the road to the Cup is going to be pothole-free (I mean, after all it is spring and it's Michigan) but this is one of those if they can get past the first round, they have a good chance of going all the way. The first round builds character, especially when playing an opponent like Calgary.

Hopefully Calgary will continue to be as horrible at home in the playoffs as they have been in the regular season. ;)

I'll assume that you meant road, instead of home.

see this is a big part of the problem with Red Wings Fans,

"rightful perch atop the standings"

"only thing that matters is the cup"

last time I checked there were 29 other teams in the NHL, and Stanley is the hardest championship to win.

lets all quit with the disappointment if we don't bring home the hardware

Stanley Cup or failure is the wrong damn way to think.

I for one am stoked as hell that we clinched the West.

Now lets take it one game at a time. Let the excitement build when/if we win games.

It's sooooooo much better (to win it all) when you don't expect it. and if you do expect it, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Guest Agalloch

Damn. I would have much rather preferred playing the Wild.

We might get to play the Avs, if the Oilers can pick up their second win in nineteen games.

COL/DET in the first round. Now THAT would be epic.

We might get to play the Avs, if the Oilers can pick up their second win in nineteen games.

COL/DET in the first round. Now THAT would be epic.

not really, the rivalry is dead

Guest Agalloch

not really, the rivalry is dead

By epic, I meant an epic beating that no one will ever forget.

;)

It would be great if Colorado can sneak in. Colorado-Calgary is the last game of the season, how amazing would it be if both are fighting for the 8th spot in that game.

rwfan007

I was at the Griffins game tonight also and it was pretty nice to see Stevie drop the puck. You sure can tell how much that guy means to hockey. Did you see the guys from Toronto wanting to shake his hand. What a class act he is. Sorry I know nothing to do with this topic.

Wow cool, another banner to add to the rafters at the Joe.

Seriously how many of us, without being "homers", expected the Wings to take the Regular Season Western Conference Title? I picked us anywhere between 4 to 6 in the Conference, I'm happy to say I was wrong.

With how tight the NHL is, home ice will help in the playoffs. I hope we can take advantage.

last time I checked there were 29 other teams in the NHL, and Stanley is the hardest championship to win.

Now lets take it one game at a time. Let the excitement build when/if we win games.

It's sooooooo much better (to win it all) when you don't expect it. and if you do expect it, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:clap: What he said. :thumbup:

So we should support the Wings but at the same time not expect them to win the Cup?

Right...

So we should all be ashamed and not happy that the Wings won it all in 2002 when they were favored to? :huh:

Seriously how many of us, without being "homers", expected the Wings to take the Regular Season Western Conference Title? I picked us anywhere between 4 to 6 in the Conference, I'm happy to say I was wrong.

AGREED!!

I told my wife (a Calgary Flames Fan) about the Wings winning first seed, and the fact that they will probably be playing Calgary in the first round.

Her response: "Well, I'm sorry the Wings won't be winning the Stanley Cup this year."

I had to chuckle at her response.

Props to the Wings for winning the #1 seed, and let's hope it carries on into the Playoffs!

:champs:

True........true.......

I didn't. I was one of the few people - among all the doom-and-gloomsayers - who thought the Wings would be good enough to win the Central Division. However, I didn't think they'd win the Western Conference. I also didn't think Colorado would be on the verge of not making the playoffs.

So we should support the Wings but at the same time not expect them to win the Cup?

Right...

thats exactly right, expectation like that only adds to your disappointment if they dont win, but hey you enjoy the playoffs the way you want to.

just dug up my predictions I made the day before the season started. haha

WEST

1. Anaheim

2. Nashville

3. Calgary

4. San Jose

5. Minnesota

6. Detroit

7. Dallas

8. Vancouver

9. Columbus

10. Pheonix