• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mannysBETTER3434

Ozzie has had a great year

Rate this topic

Last season everytime Ozzie was in the net I would get very nervous. This year though I think he has played extremely well, and has dealt with being a backup very well. We all know he wishes he could start, but when asked he has been very classy, and supportive of Hasek. For the most part he has done the best he could when given the chance to play. If something goes wrong with Dom (pray not) I will still feel confident in our team with Ozzie between the pipes.

People on here should be thankful we have one of the best backups in the whole NHL instead of bash him when he makes mistakes.

GO WINGS!!!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I have become a fan this season. I've always liked Ozzie, but he has really impressed me with his play and his great attitude. I don't know how we could ask for anyone better in his role. Dom's my man, but without Ozzie, there's no "sexy tandem" in Detroit.

:clap: great job, Ozzie!!

He's definitely been good lately and deserves credit for his role in bringing another title to Detroit. He was huge against Nashville. I still wouldn't want to see him in the playoffs or in a starting role next year, but he's done good. For a backup. :D

-Tim

I think im going to cry. :(

Ozzie has been great all season especially against the Preds! If he were to stay healthy he would have had another 20 + win season. That' okay though because he was awesome regardless. Ozzie's the best and is an absolute class act. You really can't ask for a better team guy. He's so loyal to the organization, and his teammates and wants nothing more than to see everyone do well and win. I really hope he's a Wing till the day he retires because in my opinion no one deserves it more than this guy.

All season I felt pretty comfortable with Dom and Ozzie in net...its when Howard, and McDonald were in net that I was scared! I knew Ozzie could play hard and win clutch games (Nashville games) way to go Osgood! :clap:

I've always been an Osgood fan. I got an Islanders jersey with his name on it for $30 on ebay.

It's like people forget he has 300+ wins. And they say "oh well look at the team he's on," and while a lot of goalies may have piled up some wins after Bowman came in, he still has a .907 save percentage. Brodeur has a .913, just to compare another good goalie on a defensive team (although I'm not confirming or denying that I think Osgood is better than Brodeur.)

There are three Cup winning (as starters) goalies heading into the playoffs. We have two of them...

Yep, there's little left to ask for...

Ozzie is one of the most likeable guys in the NHL, a experienced and solid goaltender and if there ever was someone who is deeply proud to wear the Red Winged jersey, it's Ozzie !

He is a true Detroit Red Wing and I'm proud to be one of his supporters !

GO OZZIE !

That's what I love about Ozzie...he's the complete package.

He's unassuming, accepts his role, took less to play for the team, and is an excellent team guy. And he's funny. On top of all that he wins all the time, and is an awesome goaltender. We are lucky we have such an awesome 'back-up'

That's what I love about Ozzie...he's the complete package.

He's unassuming, accepts his role, took less to play for the team, and is an excellent team guy. And he's funny. On top of all that he wins all the time, and is an awesome goaltender. We are lucky we have such an awesome 'back-up'

Couldn't of said it better myself!! :clap:

Here's to Ozzie on a great year!!!

It's like people forget he has 300+ wins. And they say "oh well look at the team he's on," and while a lot of goalies may have piled up some wins after Bowman came in, he still has a .907 save percentage.

Yeah, he still piled up the wins on the lowly Isles and Blues. He's always done a good job.

The Oz-o-meter stands thus for the year:

IPB Image

Which is one win above Gump Worsley. I think he's 15th or 16th overall in wins right now...

Yeah, he still piled up the wins on the lowly Isles and Blues. He's always done a good job.

The Oz-o-meter stands thus for the year:

IPB Image

Which is one win above Gump Worsley. I think he's 15th or 16th overall in wins right now...

I'm going to be sorry to see your bunny-ears avatar go, OS. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.

What do you have up your grpahical-genius sleeve for the playoff avatat? I can't wait. :D

I'm going to be sorry to see your bunny-ears avatar go, OS. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.

What do you have up your grpahical-genius sleeve for the playoff avatat? I can't wait. :D

Ha ha, that Dom ... he is such a prankster...pullin' out the bunny ears...

I have no idea what I'm doing for the playoffs yet...hopefully something will hit me.. The idea that I did for HC's sig was more or less what I was going to do for my own sig, so I will have to think of something else.