• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VladyIBELIEVE16

Playoff Schedule Released?

Rate this topic

^^^^I don't know what you're babbling about, but you probably didn't read any of my previous posts. Like I said, Its unfair that some of the western conference series begin on wednesday and by the time our series starts those teams will be playing game 2.

Edited by Mighty Wings

^^^^I don't know what you're babbling about, but you probably didn't read any of my previous posts. Like I said, Its unfair that some of the western conference series begin on wednesday and by the time our series starts those teams will be playing game 2.

At ease killer, I wasn't referring to your post that much at all. I was complaining about matinée games in general, how the Wings usually suck in them, but how the league loves to have them on TV during those hours anyways.

Something doesnt add up here.........the NHL to my knowledge has NEVER split the playoffs between 3 days. And according to the schedule posted Sunday's game is a game 3 not game 2. So maybe the wings will play the afternoon game on Saturday at 3pm and start the playoffs Thursday. Guess we will find out in a few hours.......

At ease killer, I wasn't referring to your post that much at all. I was complaining about matinée games in general, how the Wings usually suck in them, but how the league loves to have them on TV during those hours anyways.

yeah you got a point, but only if they start at or before 1. If the game started at 3, no need to worry.

The league I play in is every thursday night thru may 10th, so I don't want any thursday games at all! Although, I'd probably have to stay off the ice if a thursday game was an elimination game. Either that, or watch no radio & talk to absolutely nobody until I watch my TiVo recording.

Wed/Fri/Sun makes sense logically. Also, that Sunday game is at 3PM ET, 1PM MT. So, that could be our game 3.

Edited by ColdWarrior

TSN and CBC have announced their schedules for Wednesday. The Wings will not play. I highly doubt they'd play 5 games on one day.

TSN

Nashville @ San Jose

Minnesota @ Anaheim

CBC

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa

Dallas @ Vancouver

Khan from Mlive has this to say:

The playoff schedule hasn't been announced yet. CBC wasn't sure if the Detroit-Calgary series will begin on Thursday or Friday. Game 2 will be Sunday because NBC wanted to show the Wings in its 1 p.m. time slot. That's why the series won't open on Wednesday, because they couldn't start Game 3 in Calgary at 11 a.m. local time for NBC, so the series had to be pushed back a little.

That means the teams will play back-to-back games at some point. It appears Games 3 and 4 in Calgary would be on Tuesday, April 17, and Thursday, April 19. Game 5 on Saturday, April 19 in Detroit at 1 p.m. and Game 6 in Calgary the next night. Game 7 would be Tuesday, April 24.

Edited by Captain_Yzerman19

April 19th is a Thursday, not a Saturday.

Thanks for pointing that out, I just copied and pasted without looking. Anyways, the funny thing is he has Thursday, April 19th and then the next words are saturday, april 19th :S

Other notes:

A poster on HFBoards says that the 3 New York series begin on Thursday.

I am hoping there will be no game on Saturday, I am going to be traveling.

Also, I hope the Wings get a lot of National attention seeing as that I will be away from my Center Ice Package!!

Sweet!

I might be out of town for work on Thursday, but should get back home in time for the evening if the Wings play that evening.

Will definitely be home for Friday if they play then.

I won't miss game 1 in all likelihood! :beerbuddy:

From Eklund's E-mail:

Series E Time (ET) #1 Detroit vs. #8 Calgary Network

Thursday, April 12 7:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit VERSUS,CBC

Sunday, April 15 1:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17 10:00 p.m. Detroit at Calgary CBC, VERSUS

Thursday, April 19 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Saturday, April 21 3:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

* Sunday, April 22 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD Calgary at Detroit CBC,VERSUS

From Eklund's E-mail:

Series E Time (ET) #1 Detroit vs. #8 Calgary Network

Thursday, April 12 7:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit VERSUS,CBC

Sunday, April 15 1:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17 10:00 p.m. Detroit at Calgary CBC, VERSUS

Thursday, April 19 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Saturday, April 21 3:00 p.m. Calgary at Detroit NBC, CBC

* Sunday, April 22 TBD Detroit at Calgary CBC,VERSUS

* Tuesday, April 24 TBD Calgary at Detroit CBC,VERSUS

I know it is coming from Eklund, but is it final? Just wondering. :D

EDIT: never mind, I just saw it on ESPN too.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010