• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VladyIBELIEVE16

Playoff Schedule Released?

Rate this topic

When will the actual playoff schedule be released? Is it on Monday? I haven't seen anything about its release date as of yet. I know the playoffs start April 11 and stagger starting the 12th.

I'm so excited! :)

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

Looks like Friday for the Wings, Holland said NBC wanted the Wings on Sunday.........so Friday,Sunday,Tuesday,Thurs

Yikes, another Sunday game! Hopefully the guys are awake for this one.

just wanted to let you guys know

wednesday its ottawa vs pitsburgh

and vancouver vs dallas too i believe. CBC were advertising it last night on hockey night in canada.

I wish they'd released a preliminary schedule or something already, i'm so excited for some playoff hockey!! GO WINGS!!

Looks like Friday for the Wings, Holland said NBC wanted the Wings on Sunday.........so Friday,Sunday,Tuesday,Thurs

Tuesday?? Noooo!!!! I work Tuesday nights! I'd tape it, but I'm already taping House.

*Starts plotting*

"Hmm...maybe I can convince everyone else to watch hockey for once instead of some other meaningless sport..."

They just said on NBC that Dallas and Vancouver are playing Wednesday...........so somebody has the schedule, but they probably wont release it until after the Islanders game :(

Starting on Friday doesn't make any sense. How the f*** do we start on friday and a lot of the other series start on wednesday??? when we start our series those some of them will be playing game 2.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Starting on Friday doesn't make any sense. How the f*** do we start on friday and a lot of the other series start on wednesday??? when we start our series those some of them will be playing game 2.

I agree, it has to be either Wed or Thurs, I dont remember the NHL having 3 start days it was always 2 days. So actually if Holland was right about NBC on Sunday then the Wings would start Wednesday as well.

Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday

Schedule will be finalized this evening when they determine if it's the Islanders or Leafs playing against Buffalo.

Obviously, if the Leafs get in, they need to set the schedules so that CBC/TSN don't have Canadian teams playing at the same time.

Just checked last years schedule and they had 4 teams each night, so we can basically count on the Wings starting Wed or Thurs night. My money is on Wednesday night :clap:

Just checked last years schedule and they had 4 teams each night, so we can basically count on the Wings starting Wed or Thurs night. My money is on Wednesday night :clap:

the sooner the better :D

the sooner the better :D

:crazy: As much as I want to see some Detroit Red Wings Playoff hockey, I don't think so, I want Zetterberg as healthy as possible more :!:

Edited by Elshupacabra

I found the NBC & Versus scheduling plans on HF Boards. Just can't put names on them yet.

Here's NBC's Complete Playoff Setup:

4/14 2:30 PM NBC NHL Playoff Special (pre-game)

4/14 3:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 2

4/15 1:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 3

4/21 3:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 6

4/22 1:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 6

4/28 3:00 PM Conference Semifinals Game 2

4/29 2:00 PM Conference Semifinals Game 2

5/5 2:00 PM Conference Semifinals Game 5 (NOTE: If game runs past 4:30 ET, coverage will switch to VERSUS due to Kentucky Derby)

5/6 2:00 PM Conference Semifinals Game 6

5/19 2:00 PM Eastern Conference Finals Game 4

5/20 3:00 PM Western Conference Finals Game 5

Mike Emrick, Eddie Olczyk and Pierre McGuire will call most games. When necesariy, Dave Strader and Chris Cuthbert will provide play-by-play with analysts Brian Hayward, Joe Micheletti, Peter McNab, Darren Pang, Cammi Granato and Brett Hull.

Now, as for VERSUS

They will air DH's Every night that it is possible to do so. Plus Games 1-3 and 5-7 of the East Final, and Games 1-4 and 6-7 of the West Final. Games 1-2 of the Cup Finals will also air on VERSUS. Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk will be their top team. VERSUS will use numerous announcers and analysts, and have current players as guest analysts in the studio.

They will air a 30-Minute Pre-Game as well on April 11th before their Opening Night Doubleheader, and also on April 26th, when the 2nd round begins. They will once again use CBC feeds for games in Western Canada up until the Conference Finals.

Well if Holland was right we start Wednesday night then:

"4/15 1:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 3" This would be Wings/Flames game 3

Also this would be nice for us that cant stay up super late during the week to watch the playoff games, Im hoping this is true.

Well if Holland was right we start Wednesday night then:

"4/15 1:00 PM Conference Quarterfinals Game 3" This would be Wings/Flames game 3

Also this would be nice for us that cant stay up super late during the week to watch the playoff games, Im hoping this is true.

If that was eastern time, then that wouldnt be the wings game because it would be 10 AM in clagary.

Edited by rwfan007

If that was eastern time, then that wouldnt be the wings game because it would be 10 AM in clagary.

Yeah I just thought about that, and usually they do post the times in ET..............so who knows