(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) San Jose Sharks

Of the ones decided, here's how I rank 'em from most to least interesting:

1 - Sens/Pens

2 - Preds/Sharks

3 - Canucks/Stars

4 - Ducks/Wild

5 - Thrashers/Rangers

6 - Devils/Lightning

Sabres/Leafs would jump to the top of the list because of the passions that Sabres fans have about the Leafs. Sabres/Isles would be at the bottom. Wings/Flames would be just underneath Sens/Pens, but Wings/Avs, despite the history, would probably be about 5th or 6th best.

Not that i care about the matchup, but im pretty confident in saying the Rangers will beat the Thrashers. (and subsequently lose in rd 2 of course)

SJ/Nash should be pretty entertaining

EAST

(1) Buffalo Sabres vs. (8) Toronto Maple Leafs or New York Islanders

(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (7) Tampa Bay Lightning

(3) Atlanta Thrashers vs. (6) New York Rangers

(4) Ottawa Senators vs. (5) Pittsburgh Penguins

WEST

(1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Calgary Flames or Colorado Avalanche

(2) Anaheim Ducks vs. (7) Minnesota Wild

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Dallas Stars

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) San Jose Sharks

no matter what theres going to be some top notch teams out 1st round .........nashville vs san jose .... and ottawa vs pittsburgh

im also going for dallas cause i dont think anyone who's smart would wanna face luongo

Yeah that should be good.

I am kind of disappointed though.. would have liked to see Sabres/Canadiens.

ya would of been cool but, wasnt it to be thanks to the leafs lol ........what's hilarious is everyone in toronto thinks there gonna make the playoffs ...... don cherry was already complaining on hockey night in canada cause they heard its like 80 % guaranted brodeur wont play ( no kidding, i could of told them that before the leafs game tonight lol )

anyways don chair kept complaining how it wasnt fair lol ....common new jersey you cant do that ...its not fair .....its not fair they have to play brodeur LOLLLLLLL ...........so pathetic, new jersey is guaranteed 2nd spot i wouldnt be surprised if guys like elias dont play tomorrow besides just brodeur ..........islanders are getting in

Well the best time of the year is here, the NHL playoffs. I know as Red Wing fans the playoffs haven't been to kind to us over the last few years, but Hey it could be worse and we could be in Torontos situation no cup in 40 yrs and pissibly no playoffs again right? Anyways lol I honestly think Detroit has the team to go all the way this year with the key aquisitions, so i'm wondering ur Predictions for the Playoffs.

Eastern Conference

Buffalo vs Toronto/NYI

NJ vs TB

Atl vs NYR

Ott vs Pit

Western Conference

Detroit vs Calgary (Revenge is sweet *******)

Anaheim vs Minnesota

Vancouver vs Dallas

Nashville vs San Jose

Predictions:

Det, Ana,Van,SJ

Buf NJ NYR Ott

WC Champs- Detroit

EC champs- Ottawa

SC Champs-DET

GO WINGS GO!!! cant wait

Buffalo over the Leafs in 7, Isles in 4

New Jersey over Tampa in 5

Atlanta over the Rangers in 6

Ottawa over Penguins in 7

Have to say Wings over Flames....in 6

Minnesota over the Ducks in 7

Canucks over Dallas in 5

Sharks over Preds in 7

No predictions! Predictions are bad news.

Being superstitious is bad news.......it only means the superstition will actually work.....

....wait.... :huh: ........ :unsure: .....thats a superstition in itself..... :scared: ......IT IS UNAVOIDABLE :crazy:

Edited by T-Ruff

sure i'll bite

East

T.O. shocks the world by upsetting buffalo in 7. I've seen these two teams go back and forth all year.

If the NYI's make it, buffalo will sweep

N.j. beats tampa in 5- No goaltending means another first round exist for the lightning

NYR over ATL in 6, while both teams have been flake-worthy all season, NYR is a different team with sean avery.

Pitts over ottawa in 6, We saw last year that emery couldn't hack it in the playoffs and this year when he's facing an offensive happy pitts team he'll come unglued.

West

Detroit over Calgary in 6

When this team is motivated we steam role people. True kipper has looked alot better recently but he's no where near hot. Here's to hoping we don't make him that way.

Ducks over the wild in 6. The norris twins will shut down minni's top line which in essence shuts down the wild

Vancouver over Dallas in 5

Turco does his normal playoff meltdown, and smith can't deliver in the face of an anemic stars offense shooting at the best goalie in the west.

Sj over Nashville in 4.This team is wobbling big time right now. There lines arn't clicking and there goaltending has become suspect of late. Sharks are just two deep.

--------------

East

--------------

Buffalo

NJ

NYR

Ottawa

--------------

West

--------------

Detroit

Anaheim

Dallas

San Jose

Edited by rage

--------------

East

--------------

Buffalo

NJ

NYR

Ottawa

--------------

West

--------------

Detroit

Anaheim

Dallas

San Jose

i too have a strange feeling dallas can pull it off...

Buffalo over the Leafs in 7, Isles in 4

:crazy: What??? You sir, are giving the leafs WAAAAY too much credit. They haven't even made the playoffs yet, and you think they're going to give the Sabres 7 games? HA! Sabres in 5 over the Leafs. You were right about the Islanders not winning a game, though.... :lol:

EDIT: I see "theman19" also thinks the Leafs will give the boys from Buffalo 7 games.....and win. Come on folks!!!! I know its all about original six teams, but it just isn't happening!!! lol.

Edited by evilmrt

:crazy: What??? You sir, are giving the leafs WAAAAY too much credit. They haven't even made the playoffs yet, and you think they're going to give the Sabres 7 games? HA! Sabres in 5 over the Leafs. You were right about the Islanders not winning a game, though.... :lol:

EDIT: I see "theman19" also thinks the Leafs will give the boys from Buffalo 7 games.....and win. Come on folks!!!! I know its all about original six teams, but it just isn't happening!!! lol.

They always play the Sabres tough, they'll be coming in with some momentum, lots of fans will be making the short trip to away games......they just beat Montreal showing a ton of heart....I easily give them seven games..... :cool: